Chapter 54

Life is unexpected

 

“I guess you need to stay at the hospital today,” Suho said while moving to the opposite side of the bed, sitting on the chair that Kyung Soo sat before.

“Seems like that. By the way, did you tell my mom yet?” she fixed her eyes with Suho’s while the latter just slapped his forehead.

“Gosh, I totally forgot that. They must be dead worried about you for now,” he fished out his smartphone from the pocket of his trousers and dialled Joo Hyun’s mom number.

 

“Hello? Auntie, I’m with Hyunnie at the hospital right now. She got involved in a minor accident just now. Ne? Ah yes, don’t worry. I’ll stay here with her until you come here. Ne~ be careful on your way here,” he ended the call and placed it to where it belongs before.

“She’ll come soon, don’t worry. Sigh. Really Hyunnie, you’ve been dazing off quite too much these few days, you know? Did you even realize you never really talk to me unless I start off first? You know you can always count on me if you have any problems, but you didn’t even tell me about it this time. You don’t know how much it hurts me to know you’re hiding something from me, do you?” Suho frowned while keeping his eyes on Joo Hyun while she could just bit her lower lips, trying to stop it from quivering too much. Her tears were threatening to fall anytime soon.

“S-Suho-ah, mianhe. I had never even once thought to hurt you by doing this. I’m sorry. I swear I didn’t realize I’ve been abandoning you these few days. You know well the last thing that I want to do to you is hurting you. I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” her tears fell down on her cheeks every few words she said, making Suho to stood up from the chair and moved closer to Joo Hyun to wiped off the tears on her cheeks while he cooed her to stop crying.

 

“Shh, don’t cry. Arasseo, I’m sorry for saying this to you when you’re in pain like this too. Don’t cry, baby. It’s okay, it’s okay,” Suho leaned down onto the bed to hug Joo Hyun and she hugged him back while sniffing, stopping the tears from kept falling down.

“I promise I’ll never do this again, I promise,” Suho nodded a few times while patting her shoulder softly.

“Arasseo, stop crying. You’ll get dizzy if you keep it on,” he broke the hug and wiped the tears one last time and laid her on the bed carefully. “For now, sleep first okay? I’ll wake you up when your mom come in. Don’t worry, I won’t go anywhere else,” he intertwined his fingers with Joo Hyun’s and gently tapped her arm to coo her to sleep. He called his mom after seeing Joo Hyun had fallen asleep, to inform his mother that he’ll be home a bit late and told her about Joo Hyun.

 

 

Sigh. You’re worrying me, Hyunnie. How can I leave you again if you’re being this careless? Someone really needs to take care of you. I won’t be around you for long.

 

 

The sounds of the door being opened made Suho to look at it. He saw Joo Hyun’s mom and Dae Hyun came in, making him to stand with his left hand still intertwined with Joo Hyun’s to bow at Joo Hyun’s mother.

“Is she asleep?” she whispered as she walked to the opposite side of Suho’s with Dae Hyun.

“Ne, she just fell asleep. Hyun got some stiches on the back of her head and twisted her right ankle. I haven’t met with the doctor yet, so I’m not really sure about her condition. But I think she needs to stay at the hospital for at least till tomorrow,”

“How did this happen?” she looked up from Joo Hyun to Suho.

“I’m not sure too; I did not ask her yet. I’m sorry for not taking care of Hyunnie,” he bowed once again at Joo Hyun’s mother, still feeling it was his fault that that happened.

“Aniya, it’s okay. It is out of our control; don’t feel burdened by it,” Joo Hyun stirred from her sleep, hearing the low murmuring sounds around her.

 

“Hyun, you’re awake now?”

“Omma, Dae Hyun-ah,” Suho released Joo Hyun’s hand, giving her some space to move a bit freely.

“Does that hurt? You should be more careful next time,” her mom looked at her apologetically while pushing the hair on Joo Hyun’s cheek behind her ear.

“I’m sorry for worrying both of you. It’s okay, it does not hurt much,” she gave her mom a small smile.

 

“So, I guess I’ll go home first. It’s already 8 o’clock,” the three of them looked at Suho, who stood up from the chair.

“Eo okay; thank you for keeping her companied. Be careful on your way home,” Suho nodded at Joo Hyun’s mother before he looked at Joo Hyun.

“I’ll come again tomorrow after school if you’re still hospitalized. Don’t move much, okay? You sprained your ankle. Call me if you need anything,” he tapped Joo Hyun’s shoulder and she gave him a small smile. Suho bowed to Joo Hyun’s mother before he went home.

 

Joo Hyun was hospitalized till the next day, but she got medical leaves for three day. Since her mother needs to work and her brother needs to go to school, she stayed home alone. She would read her notes or novels to fulfil the time and Suho would come in the evenings, visiting her.

 

 

JOO HYUN’S POV – TUESDAY  

It was uncomfortable going to school with the stitches were still at the back of my head. The doctor said it will take two weeks before I can remove it. So far, it does not hurt and I’m heavenly glad about that. I guess my classmates already knew about it, because they were careful around me. And to my shock, the kiddo Oh Se Hun did not disturb me much too. Should I be happy for being sick? Stupid Joo Hyun, of course not.

Actually, I want to go talk to Kyung Soo like how we usually do, but it was just beyond awkward to do so after he confessed to me. You can call me dense or what so ever, but I really have no ideas about that. Sigh. I did not tell Suho or Dae Hyun about Kyung Soo yet, and yes, I know I’ve promise him, but I need some time too. Even so, I had already told him about Yixing and he just said I should follow my heart.

 

But the problem is, my heart isn’t fully pointing at Yixing and it is frustrating.

 

 

“H-Hey Kyung Soo,” he looked up from his book and flashed a small smile at me. Why am I nervous to talk to him? Oh right, I haven’t talk to him yet today.

“Hi Joo Hyun. What can I help you with?”

“Uhm, eat?” I grinned awkwardly at him and he stole a look at his watch before he closed his book.

“Alright, let’s go. I didn’t realize it’s already recess time,” we walked side by side towards the cafeteria, but the atmosphere was so weird that I feel suffocated. He was quiet all the way and didn’t even look at me. I was disappointed to be honest, he didn’t even ask me how I am doing or does it still hurt or whatever that he could ask me.

Even when we’re eating, he did not talk to me at all. Am I too selfish for still wanting to hang out around him after I’ve rejected his confession? But he said it himself; I can always look for him if I need someone by my side. When Suho joined us, he started talking to Suho and I don’t know why but it hurts seeing him ignoring me.

 

 

LATER IN THE EVENING – STILL JOO HYUN’S POV

 

I went out to the convenience store to buy some snacks for me to eat while doing my school works later. While walking, I saw Kyung Soo about 100 metres ahead of me and I thought of shouting his name to catch his attention but then I saw a girl at around our age walking towards him. The way he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and widely smiled seeing the girl made something inside me boiled up.

I don’t know why, but a tear suddenly slipped down onto my cheek, making me to quickly wiped it off before I turned my back, walking back home without even buying anything.

 

What the hell, Joo Hyun. Why are you crying? He has the right to meet with other girls after being rejected. Didn’t you say you’ll be with Yixing? Stop--

 

“Ouch!” I looked up from my feet, only to realize I’m in someone’s arms and I’ve just bumped hard onto his chest.

“YAHH, what’s wrong-- Hyunnie? Hey, why are you crying?” it turned out to be Suho and he cupped my face, wiping the traces of tears on my cheeks before I threw myself into his embrace, crying even more. The heck, Joo Hyun. Stop crying! Suho did not say anything and just let me cried while he tapped my back softly, maybe trying to calm me down.

 

“Feeling better?” he asked gently after I broke the hug and I weakly nodded before he wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked home side by side.

“You know you can always tell me, right? Come on, tell me,” I glanced at him, only to see him looking at me. He took me to a bench at the playground and made me faced him. So I told him about Kyung Soo’s confession and told him that I cried out of nowhere after seeing Kyung Soo with a girl. I told Suho how Kyung Soo seemed to act cold to me and it felt like he was ignoring me, but Suho just smiled hearing what I said.

 

“Hyunnie, you really don’t know why you’re being like this or you’re just acting?”

“What are you talking about? I seriously don’t know, okay?” I frowned and crossed my arms against my chest while he just chuckled.

“I think you actually had fallen in love with Kyung Soo and you’re jealous seeing him with other girls. Maybe Kyung Soo was ignoring you because he was sad, I mean, which guy wouldn’t be if they were rejected? And he knows you rejected him for your past lover. You can’t blame him for doing that, I would do the same too,” but after Suho said that, I felt like everything around me were spinning around, making me to hold the sides of my head as I closed my eyes.

“Y-Yahh, Hyunnie, are you okay? Does your head hurt?” Suho’s voice sounded panicked but I held up my right hand, giving a sign that I’m okay before I slowly opened my eyes once again. His face looked pale, worried about me I guess, but I gave him a reassuring smile.

“I’m okay, don’t worry. Let’s go home; I guess I cried too much,” he wrapped his arm around my waist along the way till we reached my house.

 

“Go inside and rest okay? Stop crying,” he my cheek and I nodded while giving him a smile.

“Arasseo, see you at school tomorrow,” I waved at him goodbye as he walked across the street and entered his house. Soon after, I entered my house and went inside my room.

END OF POV

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm excited to end this story soon. It will be around 2 or 3 chapter left to be update. Do anticipate!