Chapter 10

Life is unexpected

 

Both of them met up with Kyung Soo and Yi Fan who were waiting for them in front of the school gate. They exchanged their phone number, and so did Kyung Soo and Joo Hyun. Yi Fan and Yixing will sleep at a guest house near the school, which was rented by the school management department. They separated from each other and went home.

That evening, Yixing and Yi Fan will have a tour in the town with the tour guide that was prepared for them and they will have a dinner with the principal’s family afterwards.

 

After arrived home, Joo Hyun went to her room and threw herself on her bed while cuddling her teddy bear. Shortly, her phone vibrates, indicating she got a message.

‘Hyun! Let’s skype! No buts. This is an order! Kekeke’

 Joo Hyun walked towards her laptop and turned it on.

“Hyun! Ahh~ I miss you!” Suho shouted after their lines were connected.

“I miss you too, Suho-ah,” Joo Hyun weakly smiled.

“Hmm? Why did you look not good there? Are you sick?” Suho leaned his body closer to his laptop, as if he is examining Joo Hyun. She knew that Suho would noticed it. She wanted to tell Suho about Yixing, but she can’t. Suho would immediately fly back to Korea. Just like when she broke up with Yixing, Suho immediately flew to China, just to comfort her. Joo Hyun knew Suho would do anything to comfort her, even though they are miles away.

“Hyunnie?” Suho snapped his fingers after seeing Joo Hyun zooning out.

“Hmm? Nothing. I’m just a bit tired,” Suho nodded, not wanting to exaggerate more about it even though he got a feeling that something is wrong.

“So, how was your first day there?” Joo Hyun’s eyes shine, excited to hear the stories from Suho.

“Hyun-ah! Jinjja jinjja jinjja daebak! This school is way bigger than ours. There is also a big swimming pool, an up-to-date gym, and ohh, their library is huge! Gosh, believe me Hyun-ah, if you are here, you’ll turn crazy! Seriously, is this even a school? How can there are so many advanced and up-to-date facilities here?” Suho told Joo Hyun excitedly, he even crumpled his palms into fists and also jumped on his seat because of too excited.   

“Yaa~ Lucky you! Oh my god~ Aww, I wish I were there,” Joo Hyun pouted.

“I know right? This school is beyond fantastic!" 

They kept on skype-ing for about an hour before stopping as Suho has a dinner-date with the principal of the Japanese school.

 

JOO HYUN'S POV

I lied on my bed after skype-ing with Suho. Then, the memories from the past two years in China came flashing back again.

 

-FLASHBACK-

"Omma! I'm home!"

"Oh Hyun-ah, welcome home. Go take a bath first," Omma flashed a smile at me. I nodded and rushed towards my room.

"Yeah! School is finally over!" I shouted excitedly as I entered my room and even danced random dances. I'm off from living hell!

 

During dinner, Appa was not home yet.

"Omma, where's Appa?" Omma gave me a small smile.

"Appa got many works today, so he asked us to eat first,"

"Why did Appa always says like that? Can't he spends some time with his children?" I frowned at Omma. It's true. Appa would only comes home when we're already on our beds,sleeping. He would only comes home early in once in blue moon, and that early was only when we were on the verge of eating dinner.

"What else can we do, right?" I felt that something is wrong somewhere about Appa. No, not feel. I know something is wrong.

After finished eating, I went to my room to watch movies, but I ended up with thinking about the possibilities why Appa was being like that and fell asleep.

 

I woke up late by the next day. Well, who cares? Holiday had already started. After finished dolled up, I went downstairs to have my 'breakfast'. Then I went to the living room to watch television, but I saw Appa came in with someone. Who's that? And to make it worse, that someone was a woman. Way more gorgeous and younger than my mom. Even worst, they linked their arms together. In front of me, in front of my mom.

"Honey, w-who is t-this woman?" Omma stuttered and she sounded as she can barely spatted those words out. I heard Appa sighed.

"You knew who she is. She's my girlfriend," Tell me this is not true. Appa, tell me this is just merely your another prank.

"Why all of a sudden? What's with bringing her here?" I could tell that Omma was swallowing her tears.

"This is not all of a sudden. Listen Hye Kyo, I don't think that I love you anymore. You even felt that this marriage is turning shallower right? Your presence can't even make me feel happy anymore. And I'm tired to keep this marriage going. Let's just break up," I swear I saw tears flowing down Omma's cheeks.

"A-Appa, how c-can you say t-that easily? You've been married to Omma for more than 16 years already," I slowly approached them.

"Time would means nothing if our feelings are not even mutual already, Hyun," Appa looked at me, but his arm was still linked with 'his girlfriend'.

"But Omma have been with you all the time! She has been here with you when you are happy, sad, sick, dissappointed and every single second in her life! But she, she's not! Even if you want to say that she is, she cannot compare herself with Omma!" I don't know what got into me that I were brave enough to shout at Appa. I had never even once raised my voice at my parents. Never.

 

Pang!

 

"Don't you dare say things like that! You should respect her!" I touched my right cheek that stung because of the slap. Appa even slapped me because of this woman? Hell great. 

"Why? Why would I? Why would I respect someone who broke my mom's heart? I'm not going to respect her! never!" I instinctively closed my eyes when I saw my dad was trying to slap me again, but Omma's hands were faster.

"Don't hurt my child! Breaking her heart was enough, don't add more with hurting her physically!" Appa took away his hand that was gripped my Omma harshly which made Omma swayed a bit towards Appa.

"Let's just end this marriage! I can't live with you anymore!" I glanced towards that woman and saw her smirking. Now, are you happy? Happy that you have broke someone's marriage like this? I can't believe that Appa's going to leave us because of that woman. Is he blind? She's not a good woman if she dares to interrupt in someone's marriage. 

"Just, just give me a few days and stay away from us, I need space and time here," Omma grabbed her long, wavy hair while hanging her head down. I looked at my mom unbelievably. Omma wae?

"As you wish. Come Soo Min, let's get out from here," I followed Appa's every single step with my gaze. Appa, come back! Why are you being like this? Appa! After that, Omma fell down on the floor.

"O-Omma,"

 

 


 

Author's note

Anneyeong! Firstly, sorry for the late update. And as you can see, I'm starting to reveal Joo Hyun's past time in China (she was 15). This flashback will be a looong flashback (well, not really). Next post will still be about the flashback x)

Do comment and do subscribe! Thanks a lot!