Chapter 28

Life is unexpected

AUTHOR'S NOTE

this colour indicates the conversations are in Mandarin, this colour is in English. Black coloured are in Korean.

 


 

-DURING RECESS-

 

“Let’s go to the café together,” Kyung Soo and Yi Fan went towards Joo Hyun’s and Yixing’s seat. Joo Hyun looked at Kyung Soo briefly before she nodded and smiled. Kyung Soo and Joo Hyun walked ahead of Yixing and Yi Fan to the café. They sat at the usual seat that Joo Hyun always sat during recess. No one even spoke and they just enjoyed their food silently.

“Hi guys, can I join?” Sehun came out of nowhere.

“Yeah, just sit,” Yi Fan said back. Sehun sat beside Joo Hyun who was sitting across Yi Fan and beside Kyung Soo.

“So, when will you guys return to China?”

“This Sunday, why?”

“Already? Time sure flew fast. It felt like it was only yesterday we met,” Joo Hyun scoffed at Sehun.

“Of course you would feel so. You skipped almost all classes last week,” Joo Hyun said, rolling her eyes.

“Sshh! Don’t ruin the mood, Hyunnie!” Sehun slapped the back of Joo Hyun’s palm, making Joo Hyun stared at him. Sehun grinned and make a ‘V’ sign in return while Yi Fan and Kyung Soo just smiled looking at both of them.

After finished eating, they went back to the classroom. That day, Yixing didn’t spoke even a word with Joo Hyun. It’s not that he hates Joo Hyun or what, he just still cannot accept the hurtful fact yet.

 

“Yi Fan, is he okay?” Joo Hyun went to Yi Fan’s seat as the classes for that day ended.

“He? Oh, Yixing. Uhmm, I don’t think so, Joo Hyun. He looked so lifeless last few days. He won’t speak more than three words every time I spoke to him. He’s hurt,” Yi Fan crossed his arms against his chest and leaned against his table. The class was already empty at that time. Joo Hyun sighed for  the nth time that day.

“Oh my God, Yixing.. By the way, he didn’t do anything stupid, right?”

“No he didn’t,” Joo Hyun nodded a few times hearing that.

“Thanks. Take care of him for me,”

“Don’t worry, I will,” after that, both of them separate their ways and went home.

 

-NIGHT, AT JOO HYUN’S HOUSE-

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

“Come in,”

“Busy?”

“No I’m not. Come in,”

Joo Hyun lied on Dae Hyun’s bed after she entered the room. Joo Hyun had always had this behaviour of being near to her brother when she felt troubled.

“What’s wrong Noona?” Joo Hyun rolled towards Dae Hyun and lied on her stomach while hugging her brother’s pillow.

“Yixing won’t talk to me. I felt wronged Dae Hyun-ah,” Dae Hyun put down the pen that he held onto his table and faced his sister.

“Noona, you shouldn’t. It’s not like you are the one who started all this, right? It was his fault at first. Don’t worry, he’ll talk to you soon,”

“I know, but I never saw this side of him before this. Somehow, it hurts me seeing him like that,”

“It’s okay, Noona. It won’t last long. He’ll talk to you,” Dae Hyun patted her sister’s head softly and  Joo Hyun nodded after that.

 

-NINTH DAY YIXING AND YI FAN AT KOREA-

-AT SCHOOL, RECESS-

 

“Ge, can we talk?”

“Who are you?”

“Ahh~ I thought you still remembered me. I’m Dae Hyun, Joo Hyun’s brother,”

“Oh it’s you. Sorry I didn’t recognize you. Sure,”

“Let’s go to the rooftop,” Dae Hyun and Yixing went to the rooftop together after Dae Hyun bought two glasses of Mocha for Yixing and himself.

 

“You’ve grown bigger,” Yixing said after he took a sip of his drink.

“Of course. By the way, I want to talk to you about Noona,” the smile on Yixing’s face faded before he threw his gaze towards the field in front of him. It hurts him to hear that name again.

“What?” he asked while sighing.

“Sorry if you feel that I am being rude right now. I just want to protect my sister in every single way.  Noona was crying every night, for months after you broke up with her. She even fell sick for a few times and kept calling your name in her dreams when she was having fever. You get what I mean? She loved you deeply that it makes her completely broke down. Suho Hyung did a lot of thing to make her forget what happened in China. It wasn’t easy, Ge. Even though I was just twelve that time, I knew how she felt. And now, after she was able to move on and forget what happened, you come and ask her to be your girlfriend again? After all that we did to make her stop hurting herself, you ask her to return to where she was once hurt? No, I won’t let that happen. I have had enough of her being in pain and crying. Don’t misunderstand me though. It’s not that I was the one who forced her to reject you, no. It was her decision. But now, I can assure you that she had completely forgives you for everything that happened between both of you. She came to my room saying that she was worried of you because you didn’t talk to her that it made her felt wronged even though I think she shouldn’t felt so. She wants to be your friend again. She said that losing you as her friend once is enough, she doesn’t one to lose her friend again,”

Yixing kept listening to Dae Hyun with tears started to form in the edge of his eyes but he resists himself from crying. Sad, hurt, sorry, regret and lots of other feelings was mixed in his heart and mind at that time. What Dae Hyun said about Joo Hyun really made him felt shocked. He could even imagine how Joo Hyun was back there that it hurts him more.

“Ge, there’s one thing I want to ask you to do for me and Noona. Please, please stop loving her,” Dae Hyun looked at Yixing pleadingly. He really doesn’t want to see his only sister broke into pieces again.

“I’m trying Dae Hyun, I’m trying,” Yixing said, almost whispering while face-palming himself.

“I just need some time,”

“You knew how hard it is to move on, right? Same goes to me. I could even take longer time than Hyun did to move on from this feeling. I know how stupid was I to break up with her, how stupid was I to hurt her like that.  And I know it is way too late to regret it now. I’ll try Dae Hyun, I promise I’ll try,” he said while looking at the blue sky.

“Anyway, I hope you’ll someone better than my sister and someone who you can love with all your heart,” Dae Hyun tapped Yixing left shoulder and gave a slight smile. Yixing gave a small smile despite of the hurt that kept knocking his heart.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Anneyeong guys! I wanna tell you guys something. Since my exam is coming in two weeks, I'm not gonna update it for a while. BUT, I promise I will as soon the exam is over. So I hope you guys won't unsubscribe and read it till the end, okay? And pray for me that I'll get 4.0 for this exam!