Chapter 35

Life is unexpected

“Suho-ah!”

“Hyunnie, don’t you have to go the library today?” he released Joo Hyun’s hands and faced her while smiling. The others stopped walking to look back at Suho, hearing someone called his name but started walking back, seeing it was Joo Hyun.

“Ani, we ended it already,”

“Then why didn’t you tell me earlier? I’ll wait for you then,”

“Nothing, just want to surprise you,” Suho wrapped his arm around Joo Hyun’s shoulder and walk side by side with her.

“Tchh. Why? Are you feeling sorry for forgetting me?” Joo Hyun instantly looked at Suho’s face and frowned before she smiled mischievously.

“Omo~ someone is jealous huh?” Suho shot a glare before he crossed his arms against his chest.

“No way. I’m not, okay,” Joo Hyun gave a soft punch on the right side of Suho’s chest before jumped in front of him and walked backwardly to face him.

 

This is interesting.

 

“Really? Your face didn’t say so, though. It says ‘Hyun forgets me already because of Se Hun and Kyung Soo’, isn’t it?” she rested the back of her right fingers under her chin while her left hand supported her right elbow – as if she was thinking.

“No I’m not! For what reason should I be jealous? You guys were studying after all,”

“Really? So, that means we can cancel our date tonight, right? I want to study and it’s not like you would care though,” as she finished talking, she turned to the front again and walked ahead of Suho – leaving him dumbfounded.

“Yaa yaa yaa! No you can’t! You must come tonight, arasseo?!” Suho quickly jogged towards Joo Hyun.

“Oh my god, you are really easy, you know? Easy to be bullied by me,” Suho knocked Joo Hyun’s head softly, hearing that.

“Tchh. Don’t be so full of yourself, kid. If I am the one to bully you, you’ll cry for days. Be grateful for that,” Joo Hyun rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at Suho. As both them arrived at their houses, they waved at each other. Joo Hyun promised to come after dinner. Well, what else to be worried right? She already finished her revision to spend one whole day with Suho.

 

AT SUHO’S HOUSE – NIGHT

“Anneyeong Auntie,” Joo Hyun bowed at Suho’s mother as a greeting.

“Omo, our beautiful Hyunnie is here,” Suho’s mom patted Joo Hyun’s right shoulder softly. Joo Hyun just wore a baby blue coloured t-shirt and black coloured sweatpants with her hair tied into a ponytail at the right side of her head. Joo Hyun also brought together her teddy that was given by Suho and hugged it close to her chest.

“Suho is in his bedroom,” Joo Hyun nodded in exchange and headed upstairs.

 

Joo Hyun knocked the door non-stop even though Suho had said ‘come in’ just to annoy him.

“Yaa, it’s not even locked!” Suho said immediately as he opened the door.

“Okay fine, you’re mad at me. Bye,” Joo Hyun pouted before she turned her back at Suho.

“Arasseo arasseo, mianhe. Come in,” Suho dragged Joo Hyun into his bedroom by wrapping his arms around Joo Hyun’s shoulders.

“Uwaaa~!!” Joo Hyun ran towards Suho’s bed and threw herself on it.

“Don’t you ever see bed before this?” Suho rolled his eyes. Joo Hyun ignored Suho and closed her eyes while hugging her teddy. She felt her body inclined towards her right because something heavy was suddenly put on the bed. As she opened her eyes, she saw Suho lying beside her.

“We haven’t spent our time together like this for almost a month already, right?” Suho kept on looking at the ceiling as he talked. Joo Hyun just hummed a ‘yes’.

“Hyun,” Suho turned his body to face Joo Hyun.

“What’s going on when I was in Japan?” Joo Hyun looked at Suho and lifted one of her eyebrows.

“What’s going on what?”

“Well you know--, how should I say this. Uhm, well, you kinda-- changed,” wrinkles formed on Joo Hyun’s forehead.

“Changed? Bad or good?” Joo Hyun turned her body to face Suho too.

“I would say that as a good one though. Well, you’ve become brighter,”

“Ne????? What do you mean brighter? I don’t think so, though,”

“Yeah you are. I think you’ve opened up towards guys, a bit,”

“And how do you know I did?”

“Hmm, you don’t really talk harshly anymore towards them. Oh, except for Se Hunnie. And uhh, I think you are really close with Kyung Soo nowadays. We even spent our recess time together with him,”

“Maybe. Well, how should I say this. About Kyung Soo, I-I don’t know why, but he was always there during the hard times that I faced when you were in Japan. And I think I told him a lot already about my past time,” Joo Hyun sat down and played with her teddy as she talked.

“And you didn’t tell me anything about Kyung Soo back there,”

“Mianhe~ I don’t think you would want to know about that though,” Joo Hyun hugged Suho’s arm who was in a sitting position too.

“It’s okay. And I was wondering why on earth both of you are so close to each other and why you looked comfortable even when he was near to you. I mean, no way you and him would be that close after being together for only two weeks,”

“Jealous much?” she smiled mischievously at Suho.

“Tchh. For what? He can’t beat me though,” she chuckled at Suho’s reaction before she hugged him.

“I know,”

“Why are suddenly hugging me?” Suho said as if he was whispering to Joo Hyun.

“Thank you for always being there for me, for listening to my crap stories, for keeping up with my childish actions and for everything. I can never repay you, Suho-ah,” Suho patted Joo Hyun’s shoulder.

“It’s nothing Hyunnie. I just do whatever I can. You no need to repay all that, seeing you happy is enough. You are my precious sister, so of course I would do anything for you,” Joo Hyun nodded in Suho’s embrace.

“Yaa, why are we talking about sad things?” Suho broke the hug and got down from his bed. He went to a corner and looked up for something.

“Here, your present,” Suho shoved a middle size decorative box towards Joo Hyun.

“Wahh~ it’s beautiful,” she was amazed at the beauty of the present as soon as she opened the decorative box.

“That is Edo Kiriko, a Japanese coloured glass craft which is known for its unique engraved patterns. And that one below it is Tenugui, a thin Japanese cotton towel. They said that it can be used to wrap a gift, as a headband, to dry things or maybe just for decoration in a frame,” Joo Hyun looked up from the presents and looked at Suho – smiling widely.

“Thank you,”

“You are welcome. Anyway, you are sleeping here for tonight, right?” Joo Hyun nodded in exchanged.

“So, let’s talk more and sleep late. You have to make up for me, because you ignored me for the whole week for Se Hunnie and Kyung Soo,” she laughed, hearing what Suho said.

“Arasseo old man. Tchh, you’re funny,”

“Yaa, I’m still young,”

“Whatever you say, gramps,”

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Olla my sweety readers :) It's getting boring, isn't it? I know, I in writing. Aigooo

Anyway, thanks for reading :)