Chapter 20

Life is unexpected

AUTHOR'S NOTE

this colour to indicate the conversations are in Mandarin. Black coloured are in Korean.

 


 

“You--- won’t hurt me, right?” Kyung Soo was taken aback by the question. The next second, he looked down while shaking his head.

 

Why would I do that stupid thing to you, Joo Hyun? Being able to sit side by side with you right now is a miracle enough. You never know how much I want to talk to you in these two years. How I want to know you better and how I want to be your friend. 

 

“Thanks,” Joo Hyun said, almost whispering, but Kyung Soo managed to catch it up. A small smile carved on his lips. They then continued stargazing.

 

Please don’t make me lose my faith on you too, Kyung Soo. If you really do, I’ll never forgive all the men in this world. Forever.

 

“Let’s go home, it’s almost past 12 already. We still need to go to school tomorrow,”

“Yeah, let’s go,”

“Mind if I walked you home?”

“It is a pleasure. Thanks, Kyung Soo,”

“No big deal. Besides, it is dangerous for a girl to walk alone in the middle of night,”

“Nahh, that’s not a big problem for me though. I’ve got black belt in Tae-kwon-do.”

“Really?! Dae~bak!!” Kyung Soo clapped his hands unconsciously after he heard that. Joo Hyun chuckled at Kyung Soo’s reaction.

 

“So, here we are. That is Suho’s house, by the way,” Joo Hyun pointed her fingers at the house in front of hers.

“I know. I already knew where your house too. I knew it when I came to Suho Hyung’s house with Sehun a few months after you came here,”

“Ahh~ Hmm, okay then. Good night and sweet dreams. Thanks for joining me at the park and thanks for listening to my crap stories,”

“Aniya, I should be the one to feel thankful because you are willing to share it with me. Good night and sweet dreams for you too,”

Both of them waved their hands at each other and Kyung Soo waited until Joo Hyun entered her house before he walked back towards his house.

 

Thank God I went to the convenient store tonight. I met Joo Hyun, stargazing with her and even know some things about her past time. Thanks for telling me about it, Joo Hyun. Thanks.

 

-THE FIFTH DAY AFTER YIXING COME TO KOREA-

“Hyunnie! What are you doing?” Yixing tapped Joo Hyun’s right shoulder before he sat down beside her.

“Sleeping. Aishh, can’t you see? I’m doing my maths homework right now,” she replied coldly without even looking at Yixing. Stop all these actions of trying to get closer to me, Yixing.

There was a glimpse of sadness in Yixing eyes, but Joo Hyun didn’t notice it as she did not even took a glance at him. He then started searching for something in his bag pack.

“Here, take this. It is your favourite, right?” Yixing shoved a medium-sized of Black Forest chocolate bar towards Joo Hyun’s direction.

 

Damn it, Yixing. Don’t use bribery. That’s cheap of you. But that IS my favourite.

 

Seeing that Joo Hyun didn’t even make a move to take the chocolate bar from his grip, he placed it on Joo Hyun’s table and gave a smile. She nodded without saying thank you and continued doing her homework.

 

“Joo Hyun, let’s have morning tea together? I mean, with Yi Fan and---” Kyung Soo couldn’t say the word Yixing at Joo Hyun ever since he knew about Joo Hyun’s past time. He was too afraid that she would feel the hurt every time he mentioned the name ‘Yixing’.

“Yeah, sure. Yixing, let’s go to the café,” she shifted her gaze from Kyung Soo to Yixing. No matter how much she wanted to stay away from Yixing, she can’t. Why? Because the principal already told her to take care of him, of course. Besides, she is not the heartless type of a person to let someone starve. Yixing smiled and nodded at Joo Hyun.

 

Thanks to the principal for making Joo Hyun the one to be responsible for me at school. If not, I’m sure Joo Hyun will stay away from me forever.

 

All the four of them went to the café together and sat at the usual spot Joo Hyun and Suho always did during recess. Joo Hyun spaced out a bit as she sat down, because she missed Suho.

“Hyun, what’s wrong?” Yixing placed his left palm on top of Joo Hyun’s right palm.

“Nothing, just missing Suho,” Yixing frozed upon hearing Joo Hyun said that. He slowly took away his hand back and look to the other side, biting his lips.

 

 How come she could miss someone so dearly when they are just being apart for one week? Why can’t you feel the same for me too? Can’t you care for me even for a bit? I miss the old you, Hyun.

 

Yi Fan caught Yixing’s action but stayed quiet. Yi Fan already knew things between Yixing and Joo Hyun too. He made Yixing told him. Heyy, who could stop the curiosity, right?

All of them ate without uttering any words, as they travelled into their own minds.

 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Anneyeong readers! Sorry for not updating for a loooong time. I;m busy with my college life *sigh*

Oh by the way, I'm sharing a good news of mine with you guys! I've got my exam results and I got straight A's! *throwing confetti everywhere* Now i'm one step closer to become a doctor! Oh yeah~!!

 

Okay, I'm going overloaded here, hehehe

Do comments and do subscribe dear my lovely readers x)