Chapter 29

Life is unexpected

AUTHOR'S NOTE

this colour indicates the conversations are in Mandarin and black coloured are in Korean.

 


 

“Anyway, I hope you’ll someone better than my sister and someone who you can love with all your heart,” Dae Hyun tapped Yixing left shoulder and gave a slight smile. Yixing gave a small smile too despite of the hurt that kept knocking his heart.

 

-AT JOO HYUN’S CLASS-

 

“Where did you go for recess?” Yi Fan directly went towards Yixing as he set his foot into the classroom together with Kyung Soo and Joo Hyun.

“Just somewhere,” he showed a boring look on his face before he put on his headphone. Joo Hyun sat on her seat beside Yixing without saying anything. Yi Fan wanted to ask more but after he saw Joo Hyun shook her head at him, asking him to stop asking, he cancelled it.

“Take this, I’m afraid that you’ll be hungry,” Joo Hyun shoved a paper bag containing sandwiches towards Yixing direction. But seeing Yixing didn’t respond, she assumed that he did not hear what she said because he wore a headphone.

 

-YIXING’S POV-

There was no music blasting from my headphone, but I acted as if I didn’t heard what Hyun said to avoid talking to her. I saw her taking out her maths book and starts doing some calculations.

 

I want to talk to you again, Hyun. I want us to talk about random things like before but this feeling keeps on making my heart throbs in pain. It’s just that , I don’t know how to start our relationship fresh again. It’s hard, Hyun. Too hard. Seeing you like this besides me makes me feels even more suffocated. Will I be able to let you go? Can we be friends again?

 

My thought was snapped off when Hyun touched my shoulder.

“Y-Yixing, the teacher is here already. Y-Your headphone---“

“I got it,” I cut her off coldly before putting my headphone into my bag pack again. I’m sure I saw her hand froze on air and slowly crumpled into an undone fist before she turned to the front again.

END OF POV

 

-JOO HYUN’S POV-

I could say nothing at the cold respond from Yixing and I kept some distance from him. But how far could I get from him when we are table mates?  I don’t want him to feel uneasy because I’m being near to him like that but if I changed my seat with someone else, there would be too much questions need to be answered. And I hate that.

I love mathematics, really. But somehow, I can’t focus on today’s class and let my mind wandered about other thing--- or to be exact, Yixing. You can call me a selfish person for wanting to become friends with Yixing after I dumped him. Go on. I won’t blame you.

But try putting yourself in my place. I was left by the two persons that I loved whole-heartedly on the same day, and for the same reason--- another girl. He was my first and he was my best friend, the one that listens to every single frustration, sadness, joy, hurt and almost everything--- other than Suho without complaining. I know most people said that first love never going to work out but I don’t want to believe that. I thought if I am being honest in everything when I’m with him, he would never leave me.

But yes, he did. Saying that he only think of me as just a friend, not his girlfriend anymore.

I have some remaining feeling for him though, even if it is not strong enough to be called love, no. But strong enough for me to befriend with him again. I want to make our relationship better. At least as friends. I guess that’s too much to ask too.

The tapping on my shoulder made me return to the real world again.

“What were you thinking? The teacher went out already and I’ve been calling your name thrice just now,” I flashed a weak smile before a shook my head a few times.

“Nothing. Maybe I’m just a bit tired today,” I said, while rubbing the back of my neck.

“Why are you here? Do you need anything?”

“Uhh--- nothing actually. Just wanting to check on you because you were zooming out ever since the teacher entered the classroom just now. I was worried,” I’m sure he said he was worried but he said that as if he was whispering to himself, so I just shut my mouth for a while.

“Don’t worry, I’m okay. Kyung, the teacher’s here already,” I said as I saw our English teacher walked into the classroom. He went back to his seat after he gave a small smile to me.

The English class wasn’t that fascinating too. I didn’t spaced out, but I didn’t really focus too. Somehow, it felt that the class ended earlier than I thought I would be. You know, when you feel miserable, the classes always feel like it last longer than normal, like, the ten minutes that you felt had passed was just actually only a minute. Strangely for me, the time felt like it moves faster.

After the English class ended, our classes for that day come to an end too, so, I put back all my things in the backpack to head home quickly.

 

Being here even longer is making me exhausted even more. Not physically, but mentally.

 

The grab on my wrist stopped me from walking towards the door.

“Why are you rushing?”

“Uhh, I need to do something at home,” shoot--- I’m lying.

“Really? Is it serious?”

“No no, not really. But I just have to get home earlier,” forgive me for lying to you, Kyung. I just want to be alone right now.

“Okay then, take care Hyun. See you tomorrow,” Kyung Soo waved at me and I replied with a small smile and a little nod. I did took a glance at Yixing and I think my eyes saw his.

After I am finally on the street, walking towards my house, I felt my body relaxed. Not sure why my body was a bit tensed, maybe because of the cold stare that I saw from Yixing? I don’t know too.

END OF POV

 

AT THE HOMESTAY WHERE YIXING AND YI FAN LIVED – NIGHT

 

“Yixing, how long are you going to act like this?” Yi Fan grabbed Yixing’s wrist and looked through his eyes. Yixing pulled away his hand harshly that it made Yi Fan froze.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean that. I’m just too stressed out with this,” Yixing sat down on the sofa a bit harsh while face-palming himself. Yi Fan let out a sigh before he joined Yixing and patted Yixing’s shoulder.

“I don’t know how to face this. This must be how she felt when I left her at the park, last time. No, maybe even worse. How could I do that to her? Yi Fan, if this is really the end of our love story, tell me how am I supposed to let her go. What should I do to accept this? Hearing her name alone is enough to make my heart aches a lot. I know her very well, I know she’s hurt deep inside when I’m doing this too her, I know too well but I just can’t. I can’t look at her without the hurt, without the disappointment. I can’t look at her saying that everything going to be okay, that I’ll able to let her go, saying that we can be friends again, I can’t even if I want…,” tears rolled down his cheeks slowly while Yi Fan just sat there beside Yixing, patting Yixing’s shoulder and without uttering any words to let Yixing let out all that is in his mind.

 

TENTH DAY YIXING AND YI FAN AT KOREA (WEDNESDAY)

 

Since both Yixing and Yi Fan have some programmes to join due to the exchange student’s programme for today and the next day, Joo Hyun felt a bit relieved.

 

It is good for him to not meet me because I’m sure he needs time. I know because I was like that too before this. And that whole time adjusting my life was a hell-like one. I’m not gonna tell you again because I’m sure I’ve told thousands of times already about how was it like back there. It’s okay Oppa, I won’t blame you. Never.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Helloooooooo guys! Sorry for not updating for too long (T_T) my exam just ended and i don't think it went really well. //sigh//

Anyway, enjoy the update! 

Comments are loved ❤