Chapter 18

Life is unexpected

 thanks to the euneirophrenia artswork shop for the gorgeous poster! i love it damn much!

 


 

-BACK AT KOREA, AT JOO HYUN’S HOUSE-

 

Tock! Tock! Tock!

 

“Come in,”

“Are you busy?”

“Aniya, just come in,”

Joo Hyun laid down on Dae Hyun’s bed with her legs hanging down the bed.

“What’s wrong, Noona?”

“He knew it,”

“He?”

“Suho,”

There was silence for a few seconds.

 “It’s not me who told him, Noona. I swear!” Joo Hyun got up and sat down on the bed after hearing what Dae Hyun said.

“I know you won’t tell him, pabo,” Dae Hyun released a relieved sigh.

“Then? Why did you come to my room?” wrinkles formed on Dae Hyun’s forehead.

“Nothing, just feeling like wants to,” then, silence accompany them again.

“Dae-ah, you know what? Yixing said that he still loves me. Oettoeke?” Joo Hyun stopped playing with her fingers and looked at Dae Hyun while hugging her legs close to her chest.

“He what?! No no no, I don’t believe that. But N-Noona, do you---- uh, still love him?” he bit his lower lips. Joo Hyun sighed weakly.

“I don’t know. I think I still do, but not love towards a boyfriend, love towards a friend. You knew he was not only my boyfriend, right? He was also one of my best friends back there in China. So even though he did that to me, I couldn’t hate him. I hate looking at his sad face that he is having since he came here, Dae Hyun-ah,”

“Noona, why are you worrying about him?! Shouldn’t you be thinking of yourself only? That’s why I hate that soft heart of yours, Noona. You think about others too much without thinking of yourself first!” he slouched down on his chair harshly and grabbed his hair using both his hands momentarily.

“What can I do? I am naturally like that. *sigh* But I’ve promised to myself to stop loving him. Just pray for me that I won’t fall--- no no, just pray that Yixing will let go of me soon,” Joo Hyun got up from Dae Hyun’s bed and went towards Dae Hyun, patting his head.

“Can I just punch him and tell him to stop loving you?” Joo Hyun playfully punched Dae Hyun’s shoulder, making him burst into laughter.

“Yaa! Don’t! I don’t want to meet the principal because of you!” then, both of them burst into laughter. Even though they were talking about serious matter just now, they still could make jokes to break the tension.

 

-THE FOURTH DAY AFTER YIXING CAME TO KOREA-

Since both Yixng and Yi Fan did not come to school, nothing much happened. But still, the fan boy letters are still there in Joo Hyun’s locker every time she opened it up. Sehun avoided Joo Hyun at first, thinking that Joo Hyun knew he let Suho knew about Yixing, but when they met up, Joo Hyun didn’t say anything about it. So Sehun assumed that Joo Hyun didn’t know that he told Suho about that.

Kyung Soo stayed close to Joo Hyun even though both Yixing and Yi Fan were not there. He wanted to ask Joo Hyun something, but he was not courageous enough to do so. Joo Hyun was really grateful that Yixing didn’t texted her even once because she really wants to forget the existence of him in Korea at the moment.

 

-At night-

After Joo Hyun had finished up her homework that night, she decided to go to the convenient store to buy some snacks and stayed for a bit at the park, stargazing.

“Omma! I’m going out for a while! I’m going to the park, stargazing!” Joo Hyun shouted as she wears her shoes at the front door.

“Okay dear. Don’t come home too late!”

“Ne!”

 

Twisties Twisties, ahh, here you are. Come to mama. And you too, Mister Potato.

 

After she grabbed both of the snacks, she sauntered in the shop for a while to look for more snacks.

 

Heyy apple yogurt, come to mama too!  Tehehee, I’m crazy for talking to myself.

 

“Joo Hyun?” Joo Hyun stopped her motion of taking the yogurt out of the fridge and turned her head to her right when she heard someone called her name.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

Anneyeong readers! Sorry for not updating. Do comments okay?