Chapter 19

Life is unexpected

Thanks to Cinnimoroll08 for the awesome poster!

 


 

“Joo Hyun?” Joo Hyun stopped her motion of taking the yogurt out of the fridge and turned her head to her right when she heard someone called her name.

“Kyung Soo? What are you doing here?” she continued her action of taking out the yogurt as she talked to Kyung Soo.

“Nahh, just buying some snacks for supper. You?” he raised a pack of oat biscuit and a bottle of Banana yogurt to show it to Joo Hyun.

 

He eats oat biscuits while me, eating some crap that will only make me dumber. Dang it.

 

“Ohh, same here. Did you live nearby?” some wrinkles formed on Joo Hyun’s head as she talked and walked towards the counter, side by side with Kyung Soo to pay for the things she’s buying.

“What? You didn’t know it? Yeah, I live nearby. Gosh Joo Hyun, you really never care about people around you, huh?” it was Kyung Soo’s turn to frown.

“Eheheh, seems like that. Well, I don’t go out much and I didn’t have much friends except Suho and our classmates here,” she waited for Kyung Soo to finish paying his things as she already did.

“It is just because you are living in your own world too much, Joo Hyun. By the way, are you going home now?” they walked out of the shop side by side.

“Well, maybe. Uhh, no I’m not. I’m going to the park for a while. You know, stargazing,” Joo Hyun pointed her forefinger upwards and grinned.

“Uhh, do you mind if I join you?” Kyung Soo scratched the back of his head when he said that.

 

Ehhhh?? Is he for real? But, having a company is better I think. It won’t be too creepy if I have someone to accompany me.

 

“Oh yeah, sure. Let’s go,”

 

 

“I think this is the first time I’ve seen you being so carefree. At school, you are so quiet. I mean, not quiet, but you rarely talk to other students,” Kyung Soo said as both of them strolled to the park.

“Well, some bad things that happened before this changed me. But I’m not really like that at home. Same thing when I’m with Suho,” Kyung Soo nodded.

“How long have you known Suho Hyung? I remembered you spent you recess time with him on the first day you enrolled into our school,” they found a bench at the park and sat down.

“Well, we have known each other ever since we were babies. One of the reasons I returned to Korea was him,” he ate his biscuits and constantly nodded as he listened to Joo Hyun.

 

Oh my god. I sure talk too much right now.

 

There was silence for a few minutes. Not an awkward silence, but a relaxing one. Both them looked up and enjoyed the night beauty. 

“Uhm--- Joo Hyun,” Kyung called hesitantly.

“Yes?” she still looked at the sky as he answered Kyung Soo.

“Do you mind telling me what is actually going on between you and Yixing?” Kyung Soo bit his lower lip while Joo Hyun shifted her gaze from the sky to Kyung Soo. She sighed weakly before she slouched down.

“He was my former boyfriend in China. We broke up on the same day my dad asked for a divorce from my mom. I thought he would calm me down, but instead, I was dumped too,” she closed her eyes as she talked while Kyung Soo kept looking at Joo Hyun’s face with his eyes almost popped out-shocked.

“S-Sorry. I never thought it was that bad. Sorry for making you remembered about it again, sorry,” Joo Hyun slightly shook her head with eyes still closed.

“No it’s okay. Actually, I really don’t want to meet Yixing again. He reminded me of the past, of the pain. But I cannot deny the fact that he is also one of the important persons in my life, the one that teach me lots of things,” she slowly opened her eyes and stared at the sky.

“D-Do you still love him?”

“I don’t know. I don’t want to search for the answer. I’m afraid. Afraid of the pain, afraid of the lost, afraid of being stabbed again. I hate that feeling. That’s why I hate it when I got the letters and attentions from the boys. I lose my trust in guys, except my brother and Suho. They are always there for me, whatever happens,”

 

Why on earth am I telling Kyung Soo all about this? He’s a guy too, right? He could even tell all my school mates about my story later.

‘Just let it out Joo Hyun, let it out. He won’t do things like that.’

 

“Why did you tell me all about this though? I’m a guy, right?” Joo Hyun fixed her position and sat properly. She then faced Kyung Soo.

“You--- won’t hurt me, right?” Kyung Soo was taken aback by the question. The next second, he looked down while shaking his head.