chapter 4

Life is unexpected

"Don't you want to stop acting all boyish and harsh like this?" Suho stopped playing with Joo Hyun's hair, instead, he Joo Hyun's head softly.

She scanned Suho's eyes and saw concern in it. She sighed weakly.

"Suho-ah, you knew I suffered a lot before this right? And it is all because I was too soft-hearted . Men are all the same. Nappeun," Joo Hyun finished her last sentence weakly while closing her eyes.

"But not you," she added, with eyes still closed.

"But it has been two years, right? Not all men are like that, and you knew it," Suho frowned.

"I know. But, the memories of that day keeps on playing in my mind. You know how I hate it, right? I don't want to encounter the same thing again. Never." Joo Hyun cuddled herself while turning her body to face Suho's body and grabbing Suho's shirt, trying to stop herself from crying.

"Hey~ don't cry, okay?" Suho lift Joo Hyun up from his lap by grabbing both her shoulder and hugged her with her head on his chest right now. He patted Joo Hyun's head and her back, calming her down.

"Sorry for bringing this thing up again, ne?" Joo Hyun shook her head.

"No it's okay, I know you are worried about me," she said, hugging Suho back. After a few minutes, they stop hugging each other.

"Let's go home. It's late already. We still have school tomorrow," Suho hold Joo Hyun's hand while they headed home. Both them wish good night to each other before entering their houses.

 

*the next day-morning, at school*

"Do Kyung Soo and Song Joo Hyun sunbaenim! The principal called both of you to enter his office right now!" second year junior shouted from the door of Joo Hyun's classroom. Joo Hyun automatically looked at Kyung Soo, lifting her right eyebrow, asking him 'why?' but Kyung Soo just shrugged his shoulders.

 

JOO HYUN'S POV

The others start looking at us like we had done something wrong, but I just ignored them. Actually, I didn't really ignored it, since I keep on thinking about the possibilities of why the principal had called us while walking towards his office.

 

*at the principal's office*

"Sorry for calling you guys in the middle of your class. I called both of you because I need you guys to help me in something. For your information, we are actually having this exchange students programme between Korea, China and Japan," am I going to Japan too? Yeay!

"We already have representatives from our school which are Kim Joon Myeon and Lu Han," god, I was excited for nothing.

"Two students will be coming to our school in two days," don't tell me that--

"Both of you will help them in adjusting themselves with our school and how our teaching and learning sessions are done," damn it, I knew it.

"I choose both of you because you are at the same age as them and you can speak English way better than the other students from your batch. Besides, both of you are top students,"

"But why me? Why not Sehun?" I said back to the principal. What? I don't like interacting with strangers okay?

"Sehun is out of list. He is smart and can speak English well too, but he will obviously give the foreign students a bad image on our school. He is too playful!" The principal said, laughing. Glad that you realize your son is way to playful though. Ughh, I feel like grabbing Sehun's collar right now, choking him for making me involves in a difficult situation like this! I could hear Kyung Soo laughing at what the principal had said. So, he actually laugh in his life? I thought he is so nerdy that he even forget how to laugh. Ha.Ha.Ha. 'Proven wrong'. My mind snapped me. Oh stop that crap.

"So by hook or by crook, you will assist them. Oh by the way, the students are from China," Hmm, China? Interesting. It is so going to be interesting. Watch out Kyung Soo, bad Joo Hyun is coming closer to you. I smirked at my own bad thoughts of bullying Kyung Soo. Well, Suho will not be around me to be bullied and I will stuck with Kyung Soo and those two freaking foreign students for two weeks. Hello? I can't live without bullying others in a day okay? Pathetic living? So what? It's my life. At least I have things to do.

 

So, after finished discussing with the principal about this and that, the bell rang, indicating it is recess time. I dashed towards the cafeteria and buy sandwiches with a cup of coffee latte. I spotted Suho at our usual sitting place and went towards him. After I settled down, I start gobbling my food. What? I'm hungry okay?

"Hyun, I heard that the principal called you just now. Why? Did you create any problem?" Suho said while munching his peanut butter toast. Tchh! News sure spreads fast.

"Yaa! I'm a good and dedicated student! Why would I create problem?" Suho fakely vomit at my statement. It's true, what?

"He called me regarding the exchange students programme," I could see his eyes lights an widen in excitement.

"Wae? Wae? Are you going with me too?" Duhh, I knew he will think exactly like me. Tchh! Copycat.

"Sadly no. I am just going to stuck with those strangers and that nerdy Kyung Soo to assist them," I rolled my eyes after that. Suho choked on his drink, absolutely amused by that.

"Nice choice! Bhahaha! Our principal sure knows how to do jokes! I can't imagine how 'friendly' would you be towards them, ice princess," Laughing at me huh? Let's see how amusing would it be. Then I spotted Sehun walking towards the counter, buying foods I think.

"This is all because of that girlish guy! Ughh! I am so going to kill him after this!" Suho looked into the same direction as mine to know who I was exactly referring too.

"Now that you mentioned him, isn't he one of the top students too? And it shouldn't be a problem if he assists the foreign students right? He is also freaking good in English," Suho frowned at me.

"Yeah, but his dad knew that he is going to be a disaster soon if he is the one that is going to assist those students. Duhh, even his father wouldn't trust him to do so," I rolled my eyes, annoyed with Sehun.

"Oh right! The tittle of 'troublemaker' had always been used for him," Suho laughed hysterically but abruptly stop after he received a stop-it-or-I'm-gonna-kick-you stare from me.

"Whatever~ Let's just drop all the conversation about him already. Anyway, those students will be Chinese students," He looked blankly at me, trying to digest what I am exactly telling him, indirectly.

"Don't tell me you are going to make Kyung Soo left out during your conversation with those Chinese students," He pierced his eyes and leaned forwards, towards me.

"Obviously yeah," I stood up and headed towards my classroom.

"Yaa~ That's too cruel of you!" Suho stood up too and followed my steps.

"So what? I don't have my bully victim for two weeks, so I should find a new one too," Suho grabbed my neck after I've finished talking.

"What? Are you saying that I'm easily bullied by you? Take that words back! If not, I'm not going to release you," He dragged me with his arm around my neck and tickled me.

"Yaa~! It tickles! Geumanhe!"

"No! Take your words back first!" He kept tickling me.

"Yaa! Yaa! The principal is walking towards us right now! Stop it! Yaa!" Suho automatically released my neck and I took that chance to run away from him.

"Bye bye my prey! See you soon!" I waved my arms high in the air. I stick out my tongue at him and chuckled before start running again.

"Neon! Aishh jinjja! Yaa Song Joo Hyun!" I could hear Suho's voice from far, but I don't even bother to look back. Obviously he will grab me again, right?

 


Author's note

What actually happened to Joo Hyun during her past time? And why is Joo Hyun feeling excited about the Chinese students? Don't worry, it will be revealed soon, but it is still not in the next chapter though X) kekeke

By the way, thanks for reading my fan fic :) Do comment and do subscribe :D it means a lot too me. thanks! lots of love for all of you ❤

Love,

YongNa