Chapter 47

Life is unexpected

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Dear my sweet subscribers, upvoters and readers, thank you for bearing up with me. The internet connection is finally working at my house and actually something bad did happened too. The update that i've been saving up in my laptop suddenly lost, puff! I don't know what kind of grudge does microsoff office word has with me. I always lost my works and I was on the verge of crying seeing it lost just like that. It was 3000++ words i think, and now, i ends up writing it again. I feel frustrated though, because what I newly wrote won't be same as what I wrote earlier. Sigh.

But there's another good news though. I've got my semester 2 examination result and you know what? I've got 4.0 for this semester too XD Thr interview went well and I really hope to get into medical course. Please. I really want to be a paediatrician. 

So yeah, enjoy the update guys!

 

Lot's of love,

YongNa

 


 

PS : As usual, this colour is in Mandarin.

“You’re right. Okay then, good night to you too. See you tomorrow,” Suho gave a peck on Joo Hyun’s forehead. Well, all their doings looks like they are lovey-dovey couple, isn’t it? But I am strongly against it. Both them are just sharing platonic love with each other, nothing more or less than that. Soon after, Joo Hyun entered her house and Suho went back into his. 

 

 

NEXT DAY – FRIDAY

They arrived at the airport an hour before the departure time.

“Hyun-ah, once you arrived there, make sure to call me, okay? Oh right, will you be okay there? Because you’re damn bad with the directions and stuffs,” Joo Hyun rolled her eyes, hearing what Suho said. She hates to admit it, but yes, she’s bad at that one thing.

“Tsk. You’re bad, Suho. Don’t worry much, Yixing will be there by my side,” Joo Hyun placed her earphone into her bag pack while Suho just frowned looking at the latter.

“Huh? Yixing? Won’t you be awkward to be with him? Well, you know, the past time thingy and uhh, you didn’t always keep in touch with him, do you?” Joo Hyun snorted, making Suho frowned even more.

“Ah wae??”

“How do you know I didn’t contact him? I skype with him once a week and we always exchange stories through KakaoTalk. Andddd, about that past thing, I don’t want to think about it anymore. It was in the past anyway and nothing can change things that already happened,” Joo Hyun shrugged her shoulders.

“And you never told me about that, you bad girl,” Suho folded his arms against his chest and glared at Joo Hyun, making her to grinned innocently and make a ‘V’ sign close to her right eye.

“Mianhe,”

 

The call for departure echoed in the lounge, so they got on their feet to say good bye.

“Don’t forget to call me, okay?” Suho stood in front of Joo Hyun and helped her to fix her hair.

“Arasseo, don’t worry much,”

“Don’t do anything weird okay?” Joo Hyun scoffed. “Tell me the details of your meeting with your father later when you return here. Everything will be fine, don’t worry,” Suho pulled Joo Hyun into his embrace and Joo Hyun hugged him back while nodding.

“I hope so, take care Suho-ah. Don’t forget me or I’ll kick you when we meet up,” Suho laughed hard, making Joo Hyun to punch his chest. Suho winced because of the punch.

“Yahh, you’re just going there for three days, stop being so dramatic,” he ruffled Joo Hyun’s hair. “But of course, how could I forget my baby?” Tsk, baby my . I’m just a year younger that you.

“I hope you’ll arrive safely in China,” Suho bowed at Joo Hyun’s mother where she warmly smiled.

“Thank you Suho-ah,”

“I’ll call you later, just go home first,” Joo Hyun said to Suho.

“Arasseo, bye bye,” Suho waved good bye and walked away towards the main door. On the plane, before the departure,  Joo Hyun texted Yixing.

 

To: Yixing Oppa

Oppa, we’ll be departing soon.

 

From: Yixing Oppa

Okay, arrive safely :) Once you arrive, text me, I’ll pick you up with my dad.

 

After she replied Yixing’s message, she put her smartphone on flight mode. Since it takes only around three hours, they arrived in China or specifically Beijing at 9 pm. She texted Yixing and he arrived 45 minutes later. Yixing and his dad took Joo Hyun and her family directly to the hotel since it’s late already and they might be tired.

“I’ll come here tomorrow around 9 am, after you guys have your breakfast. So for today, just rest,” Yixing pocketed his hands and stood in front of Joo Hyun. She nodded and gave a small smile.

“Okay, thank you and sorry for the trouble, Yixing,” she looked right into Yixing’s eyes as she talked.

“Don’t worry, there’s no trouble. So, good night and sweet dreams, Hyunnie,”

“Alright, night and sweet dreams too. Thank you uncle,” Joo Hyun bowed at Yixing’s father to thank him and he replied with a curt nod.

 

 

THE NEXT DAY – SATURDAY

“So I guess all of you already had your breakfast, right?” he stopped talking to see those three nodding their heads. He then clasped his hands together. “Well, I told uncle to meet up at the coffee shop at 11 am. Actually, he really wants to meet all you and he’s beyond happy to know that all of you are willing to meet him,” Yixing locked eyes with Joo Hyun whose been sitting across him on a two-seated coach. Joo Hyun awkwardly smiles, hearing that.

“Okay then, I’ll go and get ready for the meeting,” Joo Hyun’s mom warmly smiled and stood up from Joo Hyun’s side – going into the room.

 

“Oh right, Hyunnie, do you have anything to do after the meeting?”

“Me? No, why?”

“Good. I want to take you out and show you something,” Yixing grinned, making his dimple visible. But Joo Hyun frowned.

“Show me something? It better be not something weird, Oppa,” Yixing laughed before he answered Joo Hyun.

“Of course not. Trust me,” he winked.

“But--,” Joo Hyun turned her head towards Dae Hyun who’s been standing a bit behind her. “Dae-ah, what are you going to do later?”

“Me? Ah, don’t worry. I’ve already planned to go somewhere with my friends,” Joo Hyun frowned at her little brother.

“You have friends?” Dae Hyun rolled his eyes – annoyed with the weird question,

“Heol Noona. Of course I do! I’m not like a certain someone who cut off all the ties with her friends when she moved out,” Dae Hyun stuck his tongue out at his sister, making her to rise up a fist at the latter.

“YAHH, HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT TO YOUR SISTER?!!” Joo Hyun pointed her index finger and glared at Dae Hyun.

“I never said it was you, didn’t I? Why, do you think you are like that?” he chuckled after that making Joo Hyun felt the urge to pin him down on the ground and punch him a few times, but sadly, Yixing grabbed her arm, making her to stop advancing towards Dae Hyun.

“Enough Hyunnie, he’s just kidding,” Yixing chuckled, making her pouted. You’re lucky this time, big boy. Hmph.

 

During the ride to meet her father, Joo Hyun could felt her knees and hands trembled. Yixing, who’s been sitting beside her on the car, saw that and he held out his hand and placed in on top of Joo Hyun’s hand. She slightly jumped and looked at Yixing. Yixing held her hand tight for a second and slightly nodded his head, trying to assure her everything will be fine.

 

 

JOO HYUN’S POV

My feet froze at the sight of a familiar figure that I haven’t see for years. Appa. Thankfully there was Yixing holding my hand to keep me walking. Seeing us walking towards him, he stood up.

“Oh, you’re here?” his voice still sounds the same. I could see Appa and Yixing exchanging smile. I could do nothing but to keep my mouth shut – not sure how should I react.

“So, I’ll leave you guys first,” Yixing wanted to release my hand but I hold it tighter, not wanting him to leave my side. Like I said before, Yixing was my best friend back there and I feel like I could gain more strength if he stays by my side – even though after all the bad things that happened between us, having him close to me right now is better. I locked eyes with Yixing, trying to send the message to not leave but he just warmly smiled before he bent his body towards me a bit and whispered at my right ear.

“Don’t worry, Hyunnie. You’ll be fine, trust me. I’ll just go strolling around this area while waiting for you guys,” he straighten his body and softly tapped my head. “Say what you want to say to your dad without regrets, okay?” I reluctantly nodded and released his hand. He then bowed at my parents before he walked out of the shop.

“Please, sit down,” Appa gestured his hand towards the empty seats. Since the table was for a four-seated table, Dae Hyun sat beside Appa and Omma sat across Appa while I sat beside Omma. The awkward silence was killing me. I’m serious.

“So…. It has been three years right?” Appa started the conversation, but I can’t even react to that question. Dae Hyun was just hanging his head low, not making any eye contact with Appa. But I saw Omma nodding her head at Appa’s question.

 

Don’t get me wrong, it is not that I’m still mad at Appa. It is just-- awkward. Come on, we haven’t meet for three years and the last time we met didn’t end properly. And I’m not sure what the hell was wrong with my tongue. I want to talk, respond to Appa, but my tongue was not cooperating with me.

 

“I see…,” I locked eyes with Appa after he said that. He fixed his voice before starting again.

“Okay then, I knows it is awkward to have a friendly and lively conversation after all things that happened. I want to meet up with all of you to apologize. I’m sorry, deeply from my heart, I’m sorry to all of you. I did wrong a lot,” he then locked eyes with Omma.

“Hye Kyo-ah, I’m sorry for not appreciating you much for the few last years. I know; it was never your fault that all these happened to our family. It was my fault. I know things can’t be redone and we can’t turn back time. I just don’t want all of us to have things unsettled inside our hearts after that happened,” Omma bit her lower lip, but she answers back nothing.

“Hyun-ah,” my heart skipped a beat. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for slapping you that day. I know I went abroad,” I crumpled my palms into fists under the table – fighting the tears from falling down at the memory of that day. “You are precious to me, all of you are, but I’m sorry for losing myself, making our family to fall apart like this,”

“O-Oppa,” ­

 

huh?

 

“I don’t want to keep talking about all these past time thingy anymore. You have your own life now and we have ours too. For all that happened before, I’ve already forgive you, sincerely. But, I don’t think we should meet again later because I’m afraid might misunderstand that. I know I can’t break the relationship between a dad and his children, I know and I’m okay if you want to continue meeting them---,” I held out my arm and hold mom’s to stop her talking.

“Can I say something?” I asked her and waited for her to nod her head before I started again.

“A-Appa, if I say that I’m okay for what happened, I’m lying. I was hurt, beyond words. I got paranoid around guys and I never really socialize anymore. But, I know, even if I keep on living like that, it is actually me who will keep feeling the hurt and pain. So I decide to just move on. I’ve forgiven you for everything, for every single thing. What I hope for now is that we could live a happier living,” all of us were quiet for a moment after I said that. I don’t know what were in Appa, Omma and Dae Hyun’s head at that time but I’m sure there were LOTS in their head. If I could read others mind at that time, I’m sure I’ll faint from too many voices of thoughts ringing in my ears.

“I’ve already forgiven you for everything too, Appa,” Appa look up from his lap and looked directly into Dae Hyun’s eyes. “It is tiring to keep things unsettled like this in my heart and being able to meet you again today lightens my heart and my mind. I was waiting for this chance to come and I really hope all the misunderstanding between our family members end soon,” I pursed my lips into a small smile – hearing that. Dae Hyun got a point there.

“Thank you, thank you,” Appa said, almost whispering. “Finally I feel my heart at ease. I really afraid that all of you won’t forgive me for what happened,” I could hear excites in his voice as he talked.

Finally, the awkward-serious-talk ended and we changed few stories soon after. I felt like a big rock is lifted from my head and shoulders after all the talks. I really miss sharing stories with Appa and laughing together like before. It was still awkward though, talking and laughing with him, but if by doing so the awkwardness will be lessen, why shouldn’t I?

We exchanged phone numbers before separating our ways, in case anything happens in the future. I’m not sure when I’ll be meeting Appa again though, since yeah, you know, I’m living in Korea and Appa is living in Beijing. I texted Yixing, telling him to come over. Dae Hyun already went with his friends and Omma went back to the hotel room – resting.

END OF POV

 


 

Sorry if it doesn't even worth for all your waiting T.T

 

But please, comments are always welcomed and loved :)