Chapter 55

Life is unexpected

 

WEDNESDAY – AT SCHOOL

 

Why do I feel like Joo Hyun is mad at me? Joo Hyun avoided Kyung Soo as much as she can and she didn’t even spent recess time together, saying that she wanted to go to the library and told Kyung Soo to inform Suho about that.

 

“Yahh, Kyung Soo-ah,” Suho took that chance to talk with Kyung Soo since Joo Hyun didn’t joined them. Kyung Soo looked up from his plate while munching the sandwich inside his mouth.

“Are you avoiding Hyunnie?” the question made Kyung Soo choked but he quickly grabbed his Iced Chocolate and drank it to let the sandwich slipped down his oesophagus into his stomach. He wiped his mouth with the back of his palm and let out a low cough.

“I-I don’t know. I guess it is hard for me to be like how we used to be before,” he looked down onto his plate.

“Why? Because you had confessed to her?” it made Kyung Soo widens his eyes at Suho. Did Suho Hyung know already about that?

“Eo, Hyunnie told me yesterday. It is normal though, Hyunnie would eventually tell me what bothered her,” I should see that one coming.

 

“I don’t know, Hyung. It’s hard to act like nothing happened especially when I know that Joo Hyun would choose Yixing once again. I really didn’t mean to ignore her, it just happened without I’m even aware of it,” Suho sighed and drank his Orange Juice.

“I don’t know what else I should say. Hyunnie will give Yixing an exact answer this Saturday, but I really hope you won’t keep ignoring Hyunnie. She’s never been so open with others, except her family and me, but with you, she could actually talk about her problems freely. That means, you are one of the important peoples in her life. Try imagining what she would feel if you ignore her after she had put lot of trust in you. It really took Hyunnie a lot of effort to be like this once again,” what Suho meant by being ‘like this’ once again was being able to talk with guys again like how she used to before.

“I’ll try, Hyung,” Kyung Soo slightly smiled at Suho before both them got up and left the cafeteria to go to their respective classroom.

 

 

FRIDAY

KYUNG SOO’S POV

Seeing how Joo Hyun kept on avoiding me either by talk to me or meet me, it worries me. It is as if I’ve done something wrong to her. Is it because I did that first at her? Or is it because I didn’t ask how was she when she came to school after the accident? I started regretting for doing that to her. It was me who promised her that I won’t hurt her on the day she opened up to me but I still do that. Doesn’t that mean that I’m just as same as Yixing who had hurt her before?

 

Joo Hyun.

 

I saw Joo Hyun walking out of the school gate alone again, since Suho Hyung still needs to stay back to prepare for the college examination. Taking that as a chance, I quickly jogged towards her and grabbed her wrist, making her to spun around and fell into my embrace. She widened her eyes and pushed me a bit, after realizing it was me.

“What are you doing?” her gaze looked rather cold, as if I’m a stranger to her.

“Can we talk?” I looked at her with pleading eyes. I really need to fix this thing between us.

“Arasseo,” she avoided my eyes and looked down at her feet.

“Let’s go to the playground. It’s awkward to talk in front of the school gate like this,” just after I finished talking, she turned her back and walked ahead of me, making me heaved out a sigh before silently trailing behind her.

 

“Joo Hyun-ah,” I called her name after we settled down on the bench and she just hummed as a reply.

“Are you mad at me? It is weird having you avoiding me all of a sudden like this,” I think she mumbled something, but I couldn’t hear that. I gathered up some courage inside me and held her wrist gently.

“You’re mad at me, isn’t it? There’s something you hide from me, I can sense it. Tell me so that we won’t be as awkward as we first talk before,” she stayed silent for a moment and when she wanted to talk, someone caught our attentions.

“Oppa,”

END OF POV

 

JOO HYUN’S POV

“Isn’t it you who started avoiding me first?” I mumbled while looking at my fingers on my lap. I feel like scoffing, but I did not, still trying to control my emotions.

“You’re mad at me, isn’t it? There’s something you hide from me, I can sense it. Tell me so that we won’t be as awkward as we first talk before,” Why am I even mad at him at the first place? Ah, because of that girl. Ugh, this is frustrating.

 

“Oppa,” I looked away from Kyung Soo, only to be greeted by the reason I’m being all mad at Kyung Soo.

“Eo? What are you doing here?” Kyung Soo released my wrist and stood up before he planted it on the girl’s shoulder. Are you seriously going to act all lovey-dovey in front of me now? I rolled my eyes, felt annoyed. I couldn’t hear what did they talk; being too occupied with the thought of leaving the scene and wanted to go home. I stood up almost harshly and fixed my back pack on my shoulder – getting ready to leave.

 

“I’ll go home first then, it looks like you got nothing else to ask me,” whoa, cool down, Song Joo Hyun. You sounded like a gangster that is going to beat up someone’s face right now.

“Joo Hyun wait, where are you going? We haven’t finished talking yet,” he grabbed my wrist again as I wanted to walk away. I just wanted to scream at him and told him to release my hand, but I just couldn’t do that to Kyung Soo, instead, I gave him small smile even though I know it was damn fake.

“Seems like you’re busy, we’ll just talk next time,” I wanted to freed my wrist from his grip, but he made it tighter before he turned his head towards the girl.

“Shin Young-ah, go home first and I’ll talk to you later. I need to settle this one down,” the girl nodded and gave a bow to me before she walked away.

 

 

“Have you ever seen her with me before this?” he pointed his thumb behind him, and furrowed his eyebrows. What on Earth is he doing, does he really needs to ask that? I just hummed a ’yes’ and avoided his eyes before struggling to free my wrist from his grab.

“So you were jealous? That’s why you avoid me, right?” I was shocked to see him tilted his head downward with a mischievous smile plastered on his face, only to meet my eyes that had been gazing onto the street. The next thing that I know, he hugged me.

“Why am I happy right now?” he chuckled before continued, “Don’t worry, she’s just my cousin that come for a holiday from Japan. She lived with me and my family for a week already but she’s going back to Japan in two days,” he released me from his embrace and ruffled my hair, leaving me dumbfounded as I blinked my eyes at him.

He suddenly pecked my lips, making me to widen my eyes before I covered my mouth with my palms, feeling flustered from the sudden move. Why is he suddenly all brave like this?

 

“W-What are you doing?”

“You like me too, don’t you?” he paced closer to me while I stepped backwards, trying to maintain the gap between us. But he quickly locked me in his embrace and securely wrapped his arms around my waist while my hands were on his chest. I could feel my cheeks blush because of what he did. At that time, it felt like my heart was going to explode anytime soon.

He quickly leaned in and kissed me on the lips. Despite of it was a sudden kiss, it was soft and I actually did respond to it and kissed him back. I didn’t even realize my hands had moved up from his chest and wrapped around his neck when that happened.

 

What the heck, Song Joo Hyun. You kissed two guys within two weeks. Bravo.

 

But the feeling was different when it happened with Kyung Soo. With Yixing, it wasn’t really that heart fluttering. Did I actually fall for Kyung Soo too?

 

“Yes, you have fallen for me,” our forehead were against each other and the way he said that made me shuddered.

“Joo Hyun, will you be my girlfriend?” he whispered to me and my mind went blank at that time, failed to process what he said. I stepped backward, producing the gap between us again. But it didn’t even stand for 5 seconds as he hug me again.

“They said ‘silence is an agreement’, so I’ll take that as you’ve agreed to be my girlfriend?” Is this really Kyung Soo? How come he changed 360 degrees like this?

 

“What’s with all this confidence? I didn’t say I would,” I pushed him again and I don’t even know how much of this pushing-pulling thingy had already happened. When I pushed him, he would pull me back.

“You could say that, but your face, your eyes,” he stepped forward before he whispered at my right ear, “and your lips, said otherwise. I could see that,” I swear I got goose bump when he said that. I can’t believe the one saying that to me was Kyung Soo. I could just bit my lower lip and fiddled my fingers while looking down at my feet.

 

“Joo Hyun?” he called my name softly and it made me to look up and locked eyes with him.

“I’ll ask you one last time, will you be my girlfriend?” he held my hands and kneeled, and I swear, I could see flower petals falling down with light flashing around him when he said that. It is not like we’re doing a drama or what so ever to even have the computer graphics (CG) effect, but it really felt like that happened. Am I crazy?

“Okay, then let me ask you another bold question, who made your heart flutters more? Yixing or me? I’m not forcing you to accept me; I’m just trying to help you choose one between us. This time, I promise I’ll accept whatever your choice is open-mindedly,” I could see his face twitched for a second, and I saw the look in his eyes that he was hoping for me to say yes earnestly. But--

 

“I-I’m sorry Kyung Soo, I can’t,” I stepped one step backward and released my hand from his hold. 

 


 

GO GO Kyung Soo!!