Chapter 36

Life is unexpected

EXAMINATION WEEK

“Do your best, Noona,”

“Arasseo, you too,” Dae Hyun gave a nod at Joo Hyun before he went to his classroom.

The examination last for almost two weeks. So, Joo Hyun just stayed home to study and looked across her notes and exercises again. She was able to answer all the questions confidently, and so do Se Hun and Kyung Soo. No matter how smart Joo Hyun is, she never felt so, making her always make her study on her top list. She didn’t even hang out with Suho to not distract Suho’s and her focuses from their examination. A week after the examination ends, the results came out. Kyung Soo got the first place, followed by Joo Hyun and Se Hun.

 

“Congratulations,” Joo Hyun tapped Kyung Soo’s right shoulder and smiled warmly.

“Thank you. Congratulations for you too,”

“Thanks too. Woah~ you are really smart. I could barely beat you in every examination,” she unconsciously pouted cutely without looking at Kyung Soo.

 

Omo, kyeoptaaaaa~

 

“Aniya~ you are smart too~”

“Oh, here you are. Thanks guys! I’m saved from getting scolded by my Dad. Yehet!” Se Hun winked and stuck out his tongue cutely while making a ‘V’ sign close to his left eye simultaneously.

“Tchh, there you go again with that girly style thingy. Anyway, my ranking is higher than you,” Joo Hyun playfully stuck out her tongue at Se Hun too.

“It’s okay, you are just getting better than me because I didn’t come to much of the classes last few months,” Joo Hyun rolled her eyes in annoyance at Se Hun upon hearing that.

“Whatever~” Kyung Soo just stayed quiet and kept listening and looking at Joo Hyun, who is playfully arguing with Se Hun.

 

That night, Suho’s family and Joo Hyun’s have dinner at a conducive and calming restaurant to celebrate the good results that all three of them, Suho, Dae Hyun and Joo Hyun, got from their examination. Their family bonding are really tight since both Suho’s parents and Joo Hyun’s mother are friends ever since they were in college back there.

“So, Suho-ah, how are your college applications going?” Joo Hyun’s mother took a sip of her white coffee.

“Oh, about that, I still haven’t filled up any of it yet because we are just going to do the applying thing in September,” Joo Hyun just listened quietly beside her mom – not wanting to be rude in the case of budging in.

“Ah~ so, have you decide yet on the course you’re going to take? Or, maybe you have decided on which university you are going to attend to?”

“I’m not really sure, but now I’m thinking of electrical and electronics engineering. About the college, I still haven’t decided on it yet,”

Suho’s parents also joined the conversation and talked about it for quite some time before they stopped, because it was getting late.

 

TWO WEEKS AFTER THAT – WEDNESDAY

To: Kyung Soo

From: Suho Hyung

Kyung Soo-ah, are you busy? Mind meeting me at the park this evening?

 

Ehh? Why would he want to meet me?

 

To: Suho Hyung

From: Kyung Soo

Not really. Okay then, at what time?

 

To: Kyung Soo

From: Suho Hyung

Wait for me at 5 pm, don’t tell Joo Hyun.

 

10 minutes before 5 pm, Kyung Soo arrived already, so he sat on a bench to wait for Suho.

“Kyung Soo,”

“Oh Hyung,” Suho sat beside Kyung Soo after he greeted the other.

“Why do you want to meet me? And why does Joo Hyun have anything to do with this?”

“Hyung,” Kyung Soo looked away from Suho to look at the owner of another voice.

“Oh Dae Hyun-ah, come here,” Eh? What does Dae Hyun get to do with me? Why Suho Hyung wants to meet me with Dae Hyun?

“Okay then, I want to aks you something but hope you won’t be shocked by that,” Kyung Soo raised an eyebrow upon hearing what Suho said.

“Uhh--- okay?”

“Well, Kyung Soo-ah, you--- you like Joo Hyun, right?”

“NE??!!!!” both Dae Hyun shouted in sync while looking at Suho, who’s shutting both his ears using his palms.

“Jinjja Hyung?” Dae Hyun shifted his gaze towards Kyung Soo.

 

Shoot. Was I being too obvious?

 

“Uhh--“

“Don’t stutter and tell me the truth, Kyung Soo. I’m not mad at you,”

“W-Well. I think you can say so,” Kyung Soo rubbed his neck – feeling shy.

“So I was right. Uhh--- by the way, can I know since when?”

“Uhmm, ever since she enrolled into our school?” he blinked a few times as he finished talking.

“NE??!! You’ve been liking her ever since that time??!!”

“Jinjja Kyung Soo Hyung? You’ve like Noona for that long already?? ”

“N-Ne. G-Geundae Suho Hyung, why are you suddenly asking me that?”

“Just feel like asking you,” actually, something’s fishy about Hyunnie too.

“Ne?? That’s the only reason you want to meet me? Then why Dae Hyun is here too?”

“Ani, that’s not the real reason. Well, this Friday is Hyunnie birthday. Sooooo, I’m planning something for her,”

 

Why did I never know Joo Hyun’s birthday before this? Gosh, I’ve been liking her without even caring about the details of her.

 

“Huh? What? Don’t tell me you’re going to do something bad, Hyung. You know Noona won’t let you go easily about it,”

“Ara, I’m just planning something light though. Well, how about we act like we forgot her birthday? Talk to her as minimum as possible. And Dae Hyun-ah, let’s go to school and go back home without her,”

“Oh, I like that, I like that plan,”

“Uh--, excuse me, but what does that got to do with me?” Kyung Soo frowned at Suho.

“Oh right, for you, don’t talk much with Hyunnie that day,”

“And the point for me doing that is?”

“I want her mom to make a small birthday party for her that night, so, I guess you would want to come, right?” Suho placed his right arm around Kyung Soo’s shoulder.

“W-Well, I guess I would love to come. B-But Dae Hyun, are you okay about me liking your sister?”

“I can’t really say okay though, but if Noona and you end up being a couple, I’ll pray for the best. But if you make her sad, prepare yourself for the worst; I’ll not let you go easily,”

“Ara, and I know why you are being so protective towards Joo Hyun too, so I’ll bear it in my mind,”

“Okay then, everything is done right? So, don’t say anything about her birthday in front of her, and I think it will be easier for you, Kyung Soo. Because I don’t think Hyunnie would ever think that you know her birthday,” the other two just nodded in exchange. They left the park after discussing about a few more things.

 

“Oh Dae Hyun-ah, where did you go?” Joo Hyun said as she walked down the stairs.

“Oh Noona, I went to the park to meet with my classmate. Why?”

“Nothing. I went to your room just now, but you weren’t there,” Joo Hyun walked passed Dae Hyun and sat down on the sofa before she switched on the television.

 

Pheww, I’m saved.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

Anneyeong readers! Enjoy the update! And uhh--, my examination result was not well enough T_T well, I'm not really sad though, because it's my own fault, right? But I hope I'll get the best for my final, if not, I have to say bye-bye to the hope of being a doctor, gosh, that's too unbearable for me.