Chapter 25

Life is unexpected

AUTHOR'S NOTE

this colour indicates the conversations are in Mandarin while this colour indicates the conversations are in English. Black coloured are in Korean.

 


 

“Yi Fan, can I ask for your help?”

“Hmm? What?”

“I’m going to talk about a few things with Yixing, can you please ride on the other cabin with Kyung Soo? I really need to settle the things between us soon. I believed he already told you about him and me, right?”

“Yeah, he did. Okay then, I’ll do so. But Joo Hyun, the way you say that, it doesn’t sounded good. Are you going to reject him?” Joo Hyun looked down at the floor before she nodded weakly.

“I can’t let our relationship goes further than this, Yi Fan. I know, just by judging him by now, I know he won’t do the same thing to me again, but I just can’t be his girlfriend anymore. I can’t. Yi Fan, can you do another favour for me?” she briefly looked at Yi Fan and saw Yi Fan nodded.

“Make sure he won’t do anything stupid as he gets home, please look after him. I’m afraid he would---“

“Don’t worry, I will,”

“Thanks Yi Fan,” she gave a small smile to Yi Fan.

“I’ll rode the first cabin with Kyung Soo, so make sure you hold onto Yixing,”

“Okay, thanks,”

Yi Fan grabbed Kyung Soo’s shoulders to make Kyung Soo rode the cabin with him while Joo Hyun grabbed Yixing's wrists, stopping him from advancing towards the cabin that Kyung Soo and Yi Fan rode on.

“Stay. We’ll ride on the next cabin. I need to say some things to you,”  Yixing nodded in exchange.

“Why are they not following us?” Kyung Soo’s eyes widen in panic.

“Don’t worry. Let’s give them some space to settle down the things between them,” Kyung Soo wanted to ask more, but he ended up biting his lower lip and then, he diverted his gaze towards the park.

 

Yixing and Joo Hyun sat across each other in the cabin. The ride will last for 25 minutes.

“Yixing, I-I want to tell you the thing about us,” she briefly closed her eyes while inhaling deeply.

“Go on,” a small smile carved on his lips.

“Firstly, I want to say sorry to you. Not only sorry, but deeply sorry,” she shifted her gaze from her fingers towards Yixing.

“I’m sorry, but we can’t be a couple anymore,” Yixing’s smile faded upon hearing what Joo Hyun said.

“I am not saying this because I hate you or still mad you, no. It just happened to be like that. I don’t feel the same for you anymore,”

“But we could develop that feeling between us again, Hyun. Tell me, what else did I do wrong?”

“No Yixing, there’s nothing more that you did wrong, no. Listen, you may say that we could develop that feeling again, but it won’t be the same anymore, Yixing. I want us to be friends like how we did when I was still in China, but to be couples with you again, I can’t grant you that wish. I’m deeply sorry,” tears formed in Yixing’s eyes after he heard what Joo Hyun said.

 

This is not what I wish to hear from you, Hyun. This is not it. You never knew how I wish I could turn back the time to that day. How I wish I didn’t say that hurtful words to you. How I wish we are still holding each other’s hands and chat happily, Hyun. And how I wish you are still my girlfriend.

 

“I want us to be friends again, Yixing. Honestly. I wish to be able to call you ‘Oppa’ again and talks casually with each other, but what happened in China had somehow made me unable to do so. I changed. A lot. From the bubbly and cheerful girl, I became a cold girl. I hated guys and avoid them ever since that thing happened. I’m not trying to say that you are responsible for what happened to me, no. I just want to say that it is impossible for us to be like before again, Yixing. I’m sorry,” she kneeled in front of Yixing and held his hands. Yixing’s tears dripped down helplessly.

“I know you’ll find someone far better than me. You---“

“But there’s none. No one is even better for me than you, Hyun. Why we can’t be together? Why?” more tears dripped down on Joo Hyun’s and his fingers that was on his lap as he cried while he hung his head down, making Joo Hyun bit her lower lip.

 

How am I going to tell him more about this? I’m not good in this kind of thing. God, please help me.

 

“Sorry. But I promise you that we still could be friends. Not being couples anymore doesn’t mean that we can’t be friends, right?” she said softly.

 

How could you expect me to become friends with you when I still have feelings towards you, Hyun? How?

 

They stayed like that for almost 10 minutes. Both are lost in their own minds, thinking what else they should say to each other.

 

Hyun, I want you by my side again. Please.

I’m sorry Oppa, I just don’t feel the same for you anymore. We can’t be like before. I’m afraid that my heart would be shattered again.

Why am I so stupid to do something like that to the girl I love the most? How could I be another reason of her sadness? How couldn’t I see the sadness in her eyes that day even though I’ve known her for 4 to 5 years already?

Yes you did hurt me, Oppa. But, I’ve forgiven you already. For everything. About Xin Yi, the break up, the pain, and all. I just need time to get out from this shell of painful memory.

Can I really only become friends with her? Can I move on from this feeling one day? Is it even possible?

Let’s have a fresh friendship, Yixing. Let’s forget about the past. But I can’t make a progress if you still think of me more than just a friend.

 

“Hyun,” Yixing snapped off all the thoughts playing in both Joo Hyun’s and his head. Joo Hyun raised her head and looked at Yixing’s eyes.

“Give me time to think about it. I can’t just simply agree with what you just said because I still love you. I can’t promise you that we could become friends again because of the same reason too. It’s hard for me. I’m not mad at you, I just, I just can’t believe that this is happening. I was expecting you to say yes and had never imagined that you would say this. Never,” the tears on his face were dried already.

 

She just bit her lips in return, not knowing what else to say. But then, she nodded, indicating that she will try to understand that. After that, she got up and sat across Yixing again, and threw her gaze towards the reddish sky. The cabin was silent since both them did not utter any words more. After 5 minutes, the ride was over and Yixing walked out of the cabin ahead of Joo Hyun with unreadable look on his face.

Why is he looking like that? What happened just now? 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Anneyeong! Okay, in case some of you had forgot already, Xin Yi was Yixing's former girlfriend when he dumped Joo Hyun in China.

 

So, is this story still good? I hope so :)

Gimme some feedbacks and do subscribe, okay?