Chapter 11

Life is unexpected

Author's note

I just want to remind this again to you guys :) This colour indicates that the conversations are in Mandarin. Black coloured are in Korean.


 

-STILL FLASHBACK-

 

"O-Omma," I hugged my mom and cried in her embrace.

"Hyun-ah, what are we going to do now? Omma loves Appa so much. I don't want to end this marriage like this," Omma was crying too. Omma, please don't cry, it hurts me so much. 

"Omma, don't cry. Please don't. It hurts me a lot," I broke the hug and wiped off her tears. She did the same to me too.

"What should we do now, Hyun? Appa don't loves me anymore," I held her face with my palms and shook my head a few times, denying that fact.

"No, I know he still loves you, Omma. He's just blinded by that woman's presence. Don't give up. Fight for him," Omma bit her lower lip, stopping herself from crying again, I think.

"I'll think about that again, Hyunnie. Don't cry anymore darling. It hurts me too to see you cry," I nodded at my mom.

After that, Omma went upstairs, to her bedroom maybe. While me, I just sat there, not budging even for an inch, still trying to digest the whole thing that happened. Appa, why are you being like this? 

Then I stood up, remembering about someone. I stormed out of my house, while thinking about someone who's dear to me. Yixing. I wanted to meet him and tell him the 'disaster' that happened in my house. So I texted him and dashed towards his house. But then, he replied my text and said that we'll meet at the park instead.

 

I was earlier than him. I leaned my back on a lamp post and closed my eyes, trying to forget what happened even though I knew I can't. I still can't believe that that happened though.

"Hyun," I heard Yixing called my name from behind, so I opened my eyes and turned around. But then, I was frozen on that spot. Can't even move for an inch. 

"O-Oppa," yes, I called Yixing, Oppa even though we are at the same age. Despite of the fact he is Chinese, I am more comfortable calling him Oppa than Gege. You know what I saw?

Oppa was there, in front of me, together with one of my school mate (we are at the same age too). I glanced at Oppa's right hand, they were holding hands. I felt that the world just crushed onto me at that time. Hardly and severely, crushing my bones into dusts.

"O-Oppa, what are you doing? Why are you holding hands with her?" He released Xin Yi's hand, the girl besides him (that's her name, if I was not mistaken). He then walked towards me, trying to reach my my hands. I stepped back, avoiding it. I heard Oppa sighed.

"Hyun, sorry. Let's, let's break up," Seriously, how much more do I need to hear the word 'break up' for today? Did one was not enough?

"O-Oppa, we have been couples for two years already. How could you say that? What did I do wrong?" and that was it, my tears rolled down my cheeks again.

"Sorry Hyun. I-I don't think this relationship can still goes on. I'm sorry, but I don't think of us as lovers anymore, Hyun," Oppa, how could you say that smoothly? 

"But I do! Oppa, I love you so much and you knew that! How could you do this to me? This is not fair!" Oppa, why are you doing this to me too? This is not what I want to hear from you. This is not it. Yixing wanted to reach my cheeks and wiped off my tears but I stepped back even more. Don't Oppa. Don't.

 

"I'm sorry Hyun. But I just think of you as my friend only now. Don't do this to me Hyun, it hurts me. Stop crying," 

"But you are the one who hurts me, Oppa. You hurts me with this break up," I pressed my fingers on my eyes, making my head spun. Oppa why? Why are you doing this to me? There were silence for a few minutes.

"Fine Oppa, if this is what you really want, let's break up. But one thing that you need to know, I had always loved you and that feeling had never change since the first time I laid my eyes on you. There's only one more thing that I want to ask from you right now. Please, stop contacting me for a while in any means until I do that first. I'm afraid I won't be that strong to let you go if you didn't do that. Can you do that last favor for me?" me myself didn't knew where did the courage to speak out those words came from. But I knew that was the best and the right thing to do. I saw Yixing sighed. 

"Fine Hyun. Just, just don't take too much time. I'm sorry again, I know it is not enough, but I'll still say that over and over again,"

"Just go, Oppa. I need time to think. And you, take care of Yixing. If you hurt him, I'll never, I repeat, I'll never forgive you. Ever," I said sharply, warning her.

"Sorry Joo Hyun,"

"Just go now, both of you. I need space here," they nodded and went off, holding hands again. Oppa, you are seriously going to leave me? Oppa wae? Wae? 

 

I found a bench under a big tree. It would completely covered me with its shade from the blazing hot sun, so I sat there, thinking about all those things over again. How I could I be dumped by two persons that I love so much in just a day? How much worse could it happen more? Why is this world being so cruel towards me? But then, I remembered Suho. 

 

He's in Korea right now. I want to call him. I don't care if it's going to cost a lot.

 

We had known each other since we were babies. But last year,he left me, but for good. His dad opened a new company in Korea and his dad needs to be there to stabilize the company, so all Suho's family members moved to Korea, our country. Yes, our country. Both Suho's family and mine moved to China when I was 8.

 

When I was calling him, I got this fear. What if Suho ignores me too? What if he doesn't care at all? What should I do at that time? 

 

"Hyun-ah!" he picks up. ​He sounded excited. What should I say now? 

"Hyun? Hyun? What happened? Why are you being silent? Hyun!" his excited voices turned panicked as I kept being silent.

"S-Suho-ah. Y-You're not g-going to avoid me right? You'll never d-dump me right? You will never going to s-stop talking to me right?" I was sobbing and crying as I talked to Suho.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Well, hello there readers :) I'm trying to make you all cry by reading this chapter actually, but I don't think I succeed. My writing skills . Booo for me *sigh*

Okay then, I'll update soon :) Do comment and do subscribe! Love y'all!