Chapter 38

Life is unexpected

Finished eating, they went back to their classroom. The thing that her mom, her brother and Suho forgot her birthday made her upset for the whole day. Even when she got home, she went directly towards her bedroom and locked herself in there. She just stayed in there and watched movies using her laptop with her headphones on, not even care that the bright sky turned dark already.

 

From: Suho

To: Hyunnie

Hyun, come to the park right now, I’m here already. Let’s stargazing.

 

You want to stargazing with me when you didn’t even remember my birthday? Urghhh

 

She changed to warmer clothes since it’s going to be cold outside. As she opened the door, her eyes widen as the house was so dark that she have to walk with the help from the dim light that came from her phone screen.

 

Why the house is so dark? Did Omma told me she’s going out when I was wearing the headphones just now? Serves me right.

 

“O-Omma? Dae Hyun-ah? Aishh, why do they have to lights off all the lamps? And the switches are all downstairs, hell great,” she walked down the stairs slowly and carefully while mumbling at herself. At the last step, the lamps suddenly lights up with sound of peoples shouting and 'suprise!' and singing happy birthday at her, making her instinctively shut her eyes from the sudden brightness. Then, her mom walked towards her while holding a blueberry cheese cake that she baked herself.

“O-Omma,”

“Make a wish, darling,” Let us be together and happy like this forever. After making the wish, she blew off the candles. She hugged her mom after Dae Hyun took the cake away.

“Thank you, Omma. I thought you forgot my birthday,” she mumbled in her mom’s embrace.

“How could I forget your birthday, sweety?” Joo Hyun then looked right in front of her and saw Suho smiling innocently, making her mumbled Suho’s name before she broke the hug and walked towards Suho.

“I hate you, I hate you,” she said while punching Suho’s chest repeatedly. Suho just let Joo Hyun for a while before she held Joo Hyun’s hands to stop her punching him and hugged her.

“Yaaa, it hurts! Stop punching me! Anyway, Happy birthday, Hyunnie. Be healthy and happy always, okay? I’ll always be by your side. Sorry for doing this, I promise I won’t do this again,”

“You better not. I won’t talk to you ever again if you plan to do this on my next birthdays. Anyway, thanks. Thanks for being a good friend and brother for me,” she whispered in Suho’s embrace.

“Ehhem!” Joo Hyun broke the hug and took a look at the owner of the voice with a shocked look on her face.

“Y-You-- how-- what are you doing here?”

“Happy birthday Joo Hyun. Let’s be friends forever, okay?” Kyung Soo said while shoving a box towards Joo Hyun – a birthday present.

“T-Thank you. But, how did you--“

“Suho Hyung told me about your birthday and told me to come tonight,”

“Kim Joon Myeonnnnnnnn,” Joo Hyun made her eyes smaller when she looked at Suho, where the latter just smiled while making a ‘V’ sign.

“Okay okay, stop quarrelling both of you. Come and let’s eat, I’m starving,” her mom stopped Joo Hyun while dragging her towards the dining table.

“Noona, happy birthday!” Dae Hyun followed Joo Hyun and their mom towards the dining room and hugged Joo Hyun’s arm. She smiled before saying thank you to her brother. That night, her mom cooked samgyetang(chicken ginseng soup), sigeumchil namul(korean spinach salad), gaeran mari(rolled egg omelette), dubu jeon(tofu with mushroom), ojingeo tuigim(deep fried squid)and for surely miyeokguk(seaweed soup). After finished eating, Suho and Kyung Soo went home. Joo Hyun thanked Kyung Soo again for coming that night.

 

Joo Hyun went to her bedroom and saw the present that Kyung Soo gave on her bed, where she placed it before. What’s in this box? Carefully pulling off the ribbon that was tied around the small, soft purple coloured box; she then opened it up, finding a necklace in it. She took out the necklace and let it hanged in the air for a while before putting in on her right palm – admiring the beauty.

 

 

                                                                                                

 

                                                 

 

“Wahh~ it is seriously beautiful. How did he found this? And purple is my favourite colour,” she turned the necklace, to see what’s behind it and saw the word ‘Joo Hyun’ was carved on it, making her shocked even more.

 

This must be expensive. Why is he wasting his money on me? I don’t worth it.

 

Placing the necklace into the box again, she then put it on her study table. She changed her clothes, brushed her teeth and went to sleep.

 

MONDAY – AT SCHOOL

 “Anneyeong Kyung Soo,”  Joo Hyun greeted Kyung Soo, who was closing his locker after he put in some of his stuffs into it.

“Anneyeong. Eo? T-That--,”

“Eung? Oh, this?” Joo Hyun held the pendant of the necklace and briefly looked at it before she looked at Kyung Soo again – smiling.

“Thank you for this. I really love it, and you even bought me my favourite colour,” she kept smiling while she talked.

“Really? I just thought that purple would be nice on you,” Kyung Soo scratched his head before he flashed a warm smile.

“But Kyung-ah, isn’t this expensive? I-I don’t think I actually worth this though,”

“Aniya~ It’s not that expensive. You worth it, Hyun. It’s suitable for you,” she slowly nodded at Kyung Soo even though she actually felt shy that Kyung Soo said that.

“Let’s go, class is starting,”

 

“Hyun~” Sehun came at Joo Hyun, slightly jumping like a little kid, after their mathematics teacher went out.

“Can you please stop being so childish? Urghh! It annoys me!” Joo Hyun rolled her eyes while crumpling her palms into fists. This guy really need to reflect on his acts for serious. 

“So what? Girls love it. Hey, can you-- Eo? You never wore a necklace before this, right? Where does that come from? The stars?” Joo Hyun slapped Sehun’s fingers which were pointing at her necklace.

“Shut up, Oh Se Hun. Why do you think I would answer you? Tchhh,”

“Whatever~ I’m not even that curious though. Oh Hyun, can you accompany me to go somewhere after school?” Se Hun then sat on the chair with his legs spread out to his side while resting his chin on the chair back-rest – facing Joo Hyun.

“Why me? Where?”

“I want to buy a birthday present for my sister, but I don’t really know what girls would like. Please? You are my friend, right?” Se Hun clasped his palms together – begging. Pleaseeeeee.

“You have lots of fans, Oh Se Hun. Just go with one of them,” she talked to Se Hun while doing her homework,not interested even a bit to help Se Hun doing so. 

“That’s why I asked you, because you are not a fan of me. Imagine that I go with one of them; she would whine, act childish and cling on me all the time. Oughhh~ that’s scary,” he slightly shook his head for a few times, as if brushing off a scary imagination. Joo Hyun can’t help but laughed at Se Hun’s reaction.

“Yaa, don’t laugh! That’s not even funny! Hyun, help me, ne? Ne?”

“Arasseo, tchh. You tell Suho about it, so that he won’t wait for me to go home together,” she was still amused by Se Hun’s reaction, but tried to brush it off while she talked to him. She stopped doing her homework for a while as she talked to Se Hun and continued doing so after that.

“Assa! Gomawo!” he then stood up and when to his seat again with a wide smile plastered on his face.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE 

There's actually nothing to announce, just wanting to say hi ^^

Keep reading and leave some comments, okay?