Chapter 30

Life is unexpected

AUTHOR'S NOTE

this colour indicates the conversations are in Mandarin and this colour indicates the conversations are in English. black coloured are in Korean.

 


 

TWELFTH DAY YIXING AND YI FAN AT KOREA (FRIDAY)

AT SCHOOL - JOO HYUN’S CLASSROOM, THE LAST LESSON

 

“Okay guys, since today is the last day Yixing and Yi Fan will be joining our class before going back to China, let’s have them to give us some short speech. So, firstly, let’s start with Yi Fan,” as their Literature teacher, Madam Park finished talking, the students clapped their hands and Yi Fan moved to the front of the classroom.

“Firstly, I would like to thank all of you and the teachers for being so nice towards us and patiently help us to adjust ourselves here. Without your helps, I don’t think I would enjoy being here this much. And I would like to thank especially Joo Hyun and Kyung Soo for giving us a lot of help. And I am even more grateful because she can speaks Mandarin which it made it even easier for us to communicate with each other,” almost all heads in the classroom divert their attentions from Yi Fan to Joo Hyun after they heard that she could speak Mandarin with eyes almost popped out, and even the teacher was shocked.

 

Gosh, I should have told him to not even mention that. So nice Joo Hyun, another part of yours is being revealed. I’m gonna have more haters.

 

Joo Hyun face-palmed herself while she talked to herself--- avoiding the eyes contact with her classmates.

“JINJJA??” it echoed in the classroom as the said that almost simultaneously.

 

Uh-oh, I made a mistake. I’m sorryyyyyyy

 

“Uh, anyway---“ the students diverted their attentions towards Yi Fan again.

“I hope to come to Korea and meet with you guys again. Thank you again,” Yi Fan ended his speech with an almost-90-degree bow and gained applaud again.

“Okay, that is a nice speech. And shocking too, for Joo Hyun’s part. Even I was shocked. You are good at hiding things hmm? It’s okay, no big deal. Okay, lastly let’s have Yixing,” with applaud from the other students, he walked forward.

 

Just don’t say anything like we have known each other before we meet here and I will be grateful for that. You know I hate attentions right? You won’t do that, right?

 

“Hmm, I don’t think there’s more to add because Yi Fan had said everything already. But, personally, I’m thankful that I come here and meet with all of you. I don’t know if we would ever meet again in future, but if we do and you do recognize me, let’s have a cup of coffee together and exchange some stories. And I would like to thank Joo Hyun and Kyung Soo for everything too. You guys were a great help,” he ended his speech with a bow too.

 

Really? Is that true? You don’t regret meeting me here? You’re not mad?

 

“Okay now that this ends already, let’s get to work,” the students growled in frustration after they heard that.

“Don’t forget to do the essay and Sung Hoon, don’t forget to collect the essays and put it on my table before 10 this Monday morning. Guys, don’t forget, 500 words at least,” Sung Hoon, the class monitor gave a small nod.

“Ne~,” the students answered in union even though the really doesn’t want to answer that.

“Then, class dismiss,”

After the teacher went out, the classroom was chaotic. They wanted to take pictures with Yixing and Yi Fan for the sake of the memories they shared together. The photography club president is a student from their classroom and he brought his DSLR with him, so lots of pictures came out really nice. They took a class photo with it and mostly took free style photos. Somehow, Yixing, Yi Fan, Kyung Soo and Joo Hyun were dragged to take pictures of four of them together. Some were awkward and some did come out nice. After that, they parted their ways and went home.

“Dong Joon, can you give me the memory card? I want to give the pictures to Yi Fan and Yixing before they went back to China. I’ll return it back to you on Monday,”

“Okay. Just make sure you won’t lose it,”

“Eyy arasseo, don’t worry. Anyway, gomawo,” after that, Joo Hyun went to the photography shop to make three copies of the photos--- for herself, Yixing and Yi fan. She also bought two small decorated box with ribbon attached on it to put the pictures to give it to them as present.

 

NIGHT- AT JOO HYUN’S HOUSE

“I’ll be in the Incheon International Airport at 1 pm. What is the guys’ departure time?”

“At 11 am. So I’ll just stroll around in the airport while waiting for you guys,” Suho nodded after hearing what Joo Hyun said.

“Uh--- Hyunnie,”

“Yes?”

“Did Yixing talked to you yet?” Joo Hyun looked at keyboard on her laptop while she shook her head weakly--- avoiding eyes contact with Suho for a second.

“Gwenchanha, I know he needs time for himself. I’m not mad at him, just a bit sad. After all, it isn’t an easy thing,”

 

Hyunnie have grown up a bit. I’m glad she’s not weak like how she did last two years.

 

Suho gave a small smile at Joo Hyun. They chatted about random things and exchanged stories after that to keep up with each other. As both them wished good night to each other at the end of conversation, they went to sleep.

 

THE DAY YIXING AND YI FAN ARE GOING BACK TO CHINA AND SUHO RETURN TO KOREA (SUNDAY)

AT JOO HYUN’S HOUSE – 7 AM

 

“Morning sweety,” Joo Hyun’s mother greeted her as she saw Joo Hyun walked towards the dining table while pouring the tea into the cups.

“Morning Omma,” Joo Hyun wore a purple-coloured flowing blouse with a little girly printing on the blouse and matched it with a blue-black coloured denim jeans. She didn’t tie her hair and just let it sway side by sides, making her looks even more stunning. After she sat down, she put two pieces of pancakes on the plate in front of her and poured some syrup on it before she starts eating.

She promised with Kyung Soo to meet at the boys’ place at 9 am. Seeing that it’s 8.45 am, she grabbed a big paper bag, containing two more paper bags with the presents for Yixing and Yi Fan and held it on her right shoulder. Then, she proceeded to go to the homestay.