Chapter 26

Life is unexpected

AUTHOR'S NOTE

this colour indicates the conversations are in Mandarin. Black coloured are in Korean.

 


 

Why is he looking like that? What happened just now? 

 

Yixing walked past Yi Fan and Kyung Soo without saying anything, making Kyung Soo frowned. Yi Fan quickly followed Yixing and grabbed his arm.

“Yixing, get a hold of yourself. Come on, we came with them and we should go home together too,” Yixing still nodded despite of the fact he was actually lost in his world. At the same time, Joo Hyun just watched Yixing walked away with a glimpse of sorry in her eyes. Kyung Soo was left puzzled because he was the only one who knows nothing about what happened during the ride just now.

On their way back, everyone kept being quiet. During the ride in the bus, Yixing still sat beside Joo Hyun, but he did not even took a glance at Joo Hyun and so do Joo Hyun. Kyung Soo was dying in frustration because they were just talking happily with each other at the amusement park but now all are being cold and quiet?!

 

What is happening here?????????

 

As they got off the bus, Joo Hyun and Kyung Soo sent both Yixing and Yi Fan to the house they were staying. And since both Kyung Soo and Joo Hyun lived at the same area, they walked home together. As they walked past the convenient store, Joo Hyun grabbed Kyung Soo’s arm, making him automatically stopped advancing.

“Can you wait for me? I wanna go buy a canned drink for a while,”

“Let’s go together, I feel like buying one too,” she nodded and entered the store with Kyung Soo. After they were done paying for the drinks, they went outside the store to head home, but Joo Hyun grabbed Kyung Soo’s arm again.

 

Why is Joo Hyun acting like this?

 

“K-Kyung Soo, d-do you mind t-to accompany me at t-the park for a while?” she slowly removed the grip on Kyung Soo’s arm as she talked.

 

Hmm? I bet she is having a problem right now.

 

“Yeah of course, let’s go,” Joo Hyun flashed a weak smile at Kyung Soo before they headed to the park.

 

After they found a bench, both them settled down. They opened the canned drink at the same time and took a sip of their drink. Joo Hyun looked at the sky briefly before she looked at the ground again while escaping a weak sigh. Kyung Soo kept his mouth shut, giving time and space for Joo Hyun to calm herself.

The next action of Joo Hyun made Kyung Soo froze on his seat. He even stopped breathing for a moment.

“Sorry, but I’m borrowing your shoulder for tonight. Sorry, just for tonight. I really need something to support me right now,” she said, almost whispering after she leaned her body and her head at Kyung Soo’s body and right shoulder. Joo Hyun slowly shut her eyes while gripping her drink in her palms tighter.

“W-What’s wrong? Why are you suddenly being like this?” I don’t like this condition of yours. He asked as soft as he can. He turned his face to look at Joo Hyun as he talked making his face brushed with Joo Hyun’s hair, but Joo Hyun didn’t saw that because her eyes were closed. Joo Hyun just kept quiet.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me. Take your time,” I’ll be here for you. Joo Hyun slightly nodded with her eyes still closed.

 

How come all the hurt, the pain, the frustration that had buckled up inside me these two years just vanished like that after seeing Yixing being like that? I guess I can’t run from this soft heart of mine. No matter how much I try to ignore him, how much I try to brush him off from me, I just can’t. If I don’t see him here in Korea, I might be still mad at him, but now that I’ve met him, things changed. I had never seen him being THIS sad before this that it makes me feel wronged to make him like that even though it was actually him who started all this with the break up. Sorry Oppa, I promised myself that I won’t love you like before anymore. I can’t, I won’t.

 

Kyung Soo didn’t even move an inch but he makes sure his body was relaxed so that Joo Hyun would be comfortable. He wanted to know why Joo Hyun was being like that, but he knew he doesn’t have any right to interfere with Joo Hyun’s life. Having her near him like that is enough, he won’t ask for more. They stayed like that for almost an hour. After she had felt a bit better, she pulled away her head and her body from Kyung Soo while opening her eyes again. Kyung Soo was a bit startled when Joo Hyun pulled off from him because he was actually lost in his own world too.

“Feeling better?” Kyung Soo turned his head to face Joo Hyun and asked softly. Joo Hyun gave a slight nod and a small smile.

“Thank you, Kyung. This is the second time I’ve burdened you with my nonsense,” Kyung Soo shook his head a few times.

“No Joo Hyun. It’s okay, this is what friends are for, right?”

“But still, thanks a lot. And thanks for not asking me more about what happened too. I really really really appreciate that. I just don’t know what else to do and I felt comfortable being near with you, that’s why I asked you to accompany me,”

What Joo Hyun said made Kyung Soo froze because he never imagined that Joo Hyun would say she felt comfortable with him. Joo Hyun didn’t even realized what she was saying until she already did.

“Thanks for that, Joo Hyun. I-If you have problems, y-you can tell me though,” Kyung Soo said while scratching the back of his neck, feeling shy.

“No no, I mean--- Uhh, it is better to have someone to listen to our problems. Our heart will be at ease too,” He then said ‘Oh my God, what am I saying~’ loud enough for Joo Hyun to hear, making her chuckled.

“It’s okay, I get what you mean. Gosh Kyung Soo, are you always like this when you are panicked?” she let out a small laugh.

“Well, y-yeah, kind of. Heyy, don’t laugh at me~” he somehow made Joo Hyun laugh even more after he said that.

“Gosh, I never know you are this cute,” Joo Hyun said after she managed to control her laughter.

“This is our secret, don’t tell others, okay? No one knew that I am actually like this. Promise?” he let out his right pinkie and then Joo Hyun let out her left pinkie and made a pinky promise before she nodded.

“It feels like we are little kids with this pinky promise thingy,”

“Hmm, I thought the same thing too just now,” both them let out small laugh after that.

“Let’s go home, I’ll send you. It’s already 9 o’clock. Your mom would be worried about you,” Kyung Soo rose from the bench and faced Joo Hyun, making him towered over Joo Hyun who was still sitting. She nodded and rose from the bench too. They walked side by side and let the relaxing silence accompany them along the way.

“Thanks for sending me home,” Joo Hyun said in front of her house.

“It’s my pleasure. Don’t forget to take your dinner,”

“Okay, don’t worry. You too. Take care, see you at school the day after tomorrow,” she flashed a smile at Kyung Soo. Kyung Soo nodded.

“Take care too, and see you at school. Good night, Joo Hyun,”

“Good night too,” Kyung Soo waited until Joo Hyun entered her house before he headed towards his house.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi guys! Do comment and subscribe :)