Chapter 31

Life is unexpected

AUTHOR'S NOTE

this colour indicates the conversations are in Mandarin and this colour indicates the conversations are in English. black coloured are in Korean.

 


 

She promised with Kyung Soo to meet at the boys’ place at 9 am. Seeing that it’s 8.45 am, she grabbed a big paper bag, containing two more paper bags with the presents for Yixing and Yi Fan and held it on her right shoulder. Then, she proceeded to go to the homestay.

 

“Hi! Morning Kyung Soo!” Joo Hyun greeted as she tapped Kyung Soo’s shoulder. He has been waiting for her, outside the gate just like before.

“Hi! Uhm, I’ve called the taxi already and they’ll come in a few minutes,” she nodded at Kyung Soo after that.

“So now, let’s meet them,” Kyung Soo leads the way and pressed the door bell. Seconds later, Yi Fan opened the door for them and invited them in.

“Whoa~ it’s really nice here,”

“I know right? By the way, sorry for troubling both of you again,”

“It’s okay Yi Fan, we are friends, right?” Kyung Soo gave slight taps on Yi Fan’s shoulder. After that, the sound of honks was heard from the outside. After Joo Hyun put the big paper bag on the front seat of the car, she helped the three guys to put the things into the car boot.

 

“Oh by the way, the principal says sorry because he cannot come to the airport and sends you guys. He got something important to do. So, it’s just us,” Kyung Soo said as the car starts to move.

“Really? It’s okay. Having you guys here are enough already, right Yixing?” Yi Fan nudged Yixing’s arm where he nodded after that. They chatted to shut the silence that arose inside the car and would laugh sometimes too.

 

As they were waiting for departure at the airport, they sat and chatted together at the lounge.

“Uhm, Yi Fan, Yixing,” Joo Hyun called hesitatingly. Both of the guys looked at Joo Hyun after that.

“H-Here, it’s nothing much but I hope y-you guys won’t mind,” Joo Hyun shoved the two paper bags towards the two guys and both of them took it with both of their hands.

Zhang Yixing and Wu Yi Fan were written on the paper bags.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re going to give them presents? Look at me, I didn’t buy them anything,” Joo Hyun chuckled at Kyung Soo’s reaction where she found cute.

“Sorry Kyung Soo, I forgot to tell you that. Uhm, by the way, will you not open it up yet? Open it once you’re inside the plane. W-Well, I don’t want to see your reaction, i-it makes me feel embarrassed,” Joo Hyun shifted her gaze from Kyung Soo to Yi Fan and glanced at Yixing too. Just after both of them nodded, calls for departure to China echoed in the airport.

“So--- I guess this is really a farewell for right now,” Kyung Soo said after that. Then, Joo Hyun went towards Yi Fan while Kyung Soo went towards Yixing to bid farewell at each other. Joo Hyun shook her hand with Yi Fan while Kyung Soo did the same and hugged while patting each other’s shoulders too. After that, comes to the turn where Yixing and Joo Hyun going to bid farewell at each other. Joo Hyun bit her lower lips while looking down at her feet to avoid eyes contact with Yixing.

“Yixing,”

“Joo Hyun,” both them called each other’s name simultaneously after a minute of awkward silence.

“Y-You say it first,” Joo Hyun told Yixing. After he took a breath and sighed, he starts talking.

“H-Hyun, I-I am sorry for being a jerk towards you these past few days. I never meant so, really. But it’s just that--- I-I don’t know how to tell you this. I am lying if I say that I’m not hurt by what happened last weekend. I’m hurt and I’m trying to erase all that painful feeling, really. I just need time, I---“

“It’s okay, Yixing. I understand. I-I’m sorry for everything too. Everything, for when I was in China, for when you meet me here, everything. I know I wasn’t good enough for you back there and even worse here. You have always been there for me back there and I can’t say how grateful were I with just words. I’m really really sorry,” Joo Hyun can’t hold back her tears as she looked at Yixing right in the eyes, making Yixing wiped off the tears from her cheeks with both his thumbs while shaking his head a few times.

“It’s okay, Hyunnie. It was my fault at first. I was dumb enough back there to not realize how hurtful it was for you that time. I’m sorry too,” Joo Hyun held both Yixing’s arms that were still holding her face with both her arms while shaking her head, wanting Yixing to stop mentioning about that because she never blamed Yixing for not knowing her situation at that time.

I promise you this time, Hyun. I promise you that we’ll become close friends just like how we used to be back there again. And I won’t make a same mistake this time, I promise,” Joo Hyun nodded a few times before she wiped off the tears from her cheeks.

“Promise me?” they made pinky promise with each other.

“Can I hug you just this once, Hyun? A farewell hug,” Joo Hyun nodded before she threw herself into Yixing’s embrace and both them hugged each other tightly.

“Let’s call each other’s nickname again when the time comes. I really want to call you ‘Oppa’ again, one day. You will always be my ‘Oppa’, my friend and my protector,” Joo Hyun whispered at Yixing’s right ear and he nodded after that.

 “Let’s do that,” he whispered too. The second call for the departure made them broke the hug.

“Take care, Yixing. Sends my greetings to uncle and aunty,”

“You take care too. Send my greetings to aunty, Dae Hyun and Suho Ge,” she nodded at Yixing,

“So, I hope you guys have a safe journey and don’t forget us,” both Yixing and Yi Fan gave a smile at Kyung Soo and nodded before they walked off.

 

“Oookayyy, now that both of them leave already, shall we go home?” Kyung Soo asked Joo Hyun.

“Uhmm, you can go first. I’ll wait for Suho,”

“Suho Hyung? He’s coming back today?” Kyung Soo blinked a few times at Joo Hyun.

“Yup. He’ll arrive around 1 pm,”

“If that’s the case, I’ll just stay here with you,”

“Really?” Kyung Soo smiled brightly while he nodded at Joo Hyun. Joo Hyun smiled back because she was grateful that she didn’t have to wait for Suho alone.

“Should we go grab a snack while waiting for them?” Joo Hyun nodded at Kyung Soo. Both them went to the food centre in the airport and ordered tteokbokki, hoppang (sweet syrup filled pancake) and two apple juices.

 

“Uhh--- Joo hyun,”

“Ne?” she answered after she took a sip of her apple juice.

“Sorry if you think I’m being bossy about your life. B-But I would like to know, what happened between you and Yixing after the day we went to the amusement park? You guys looked distant after we went there,” Joo Hyun bit her lower lips upon hearing what Kyung Soo asked. She hesitated whether she wants tell him or not about that.

“I-It’s okay if you don’t want to answer---“

“I-I refused to be her girlfriend again,” Kyung Soo’s eyes almost popped out after he heard what Joo Hyun said --- shocked.

“During the Ferris Wheel ride, I told him that. Maybe he was frustrated, sad, at that. That’s why he didn’t talks to me,” she stirred her juice while talking.

“Owh I see. No wonder he didn’t talked to you. But seeing you guys just now--- Uhh, I don’t know how to say this. Hmm, did you guys make it up already?”

“Aniya, not yet. I know he still needs a lot of time, so it’s okay. I just hope that we can become friends again,” Joo Hyun took the last bite of her hoppang while Kyung Soo drank his juice.

 

I see. Hyun really doesn’t want to become Yixing’s girlfriend again. But I guess, their friendship is not a joke. Well, who wants to become friends with their ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend?

 

“Kyung, it is 12.45 already. Let’s go,” Kyung Soo nodded and walked beside Joo Hyun.

 

-MEANWHILE IN THE PLANE WHERE YIXING AND YIFAN TOOK-

 

Both of the opened up the paper bags and found a decorative box in it.

“Whoa~ it is the pictures that we took the other day! Gosh, I’m thankful to Joo Hyun,” Yi Fan said as he looked at the pictures one by one. Yixing did the same too. At the bottom of the box that Yixing received, there was a letter written on a light-purple coloured paper. He put back the pictures into the box and opened the letter with the name Zhang Yixing written on it.

 

Yixing,

Even though I’m not sure whether you’ll read this letter or not, I’ll still write it. Uhm, I really hope that one day, we can talk to each other again just like how we did before. I’m sorry if you are disappointed in me because I’m not like who I was in China. I’m sorry for talking harshly towards you, for avoiding you and for everything. I hope you’ll find a better girl from me, the one that will take care of you, protects you, gives you joy, the one that can make you experience those wonderful feelings and more. Do contact me if you feel like doing so. Take care of yourself, don’t overwork. I’ll always pray for you, dearest friend.

Love,

Hyunnie

 

Yixing rested his body on his seat and closed his eyes while his hands busy folding the paper like how it looks like as before.

“What is that?”

“A letter. Hyunnie wrote it to me,”

“Whoa, there are still people giving letters to other in this era?” Yixing shot a glare at Yi Fan to keep him quiet.

“Sorry, I was just kidding,”

“It’s okay,”

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Jja-jjang! I think this is the longest chapter :) you know why? Because I'm happy today! I'm finally fully recovered already after the 13 months of hardship! Assa!! I love you, doctors! ㅋㅋㅋ

Anyway, do comments :) i love you, my loyal readers and friends :)