Chapter 46

Life is unexpected

NEXT DAY – THURSDAY

Joo Hyun walked side by side with Kyung Soo towards the café.

“Ah right, Kyung Soo. I’m going to China tomorrow’s evening,” Kyung Soo frowned while pocketing his hands.

“Hm? China? For what?” Is it because of Yixing?

“I’m going to meet my Appa,” Joo Hyun bit her lower lip. Kyung Soo grabbed Joo Hyun’s wrist, making both them stopped walking.

“Your father? I’m sorry for asking, but why?” he then released Joo Hyun’s wrist.

“He wants to meet my family and me. Well, Yixing told me about that because he accidentally met with my Appa. I don’t know if this is a wise decision or not, but I want to give it a try. He’s my father after all,” Joo Hyun looked up and locked eyes with Kyung Soo.

“Alright then, I wish the best for you. Don’t hesitate to tell me anything, I’ll always be there for you,” Kyung Soo smiled warmly while softly tapping Joo Hyun’s head. Joo Hyun nodded and smiled back.

“Thank you, Kyung Soo,” they continued walking towards the café. Suho already started eating when both them sat down.

“Yahh Hyunnie, you’re coming to my house tonight right? You’ll have dinner at my house right? You’re coming with your mom and Dae Hyun isn’t it?” Joo Hyun rolled her eyes in annoyance at Suho’s questions.

“Yahh, can’t you ask one by one? Wait, I think you shouldn’t even ask that. You already knew my family and I will go to your house to have dinner there,” she rolled her eyes again while Suho pouted.

“Tchh. I just feel like asking though. Well, of course I would do that. YOU DIDN’T EVEN WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY YET, YOU BAD GIRL,” well, rather than angry, his voice sounded disappointed and sad.

“Oh really? I didn’t say that yet?” she asked sarcastically. Suho closed his eyes and took deep breaths a few times.

“Keep calm, Suho. Keep calm,” Joo Hyun laughed internally, looking at Suho’s reaction. Serves you right!

“You’re taking revenge right now, don’t you? You’re doing this because of what I did on your birthday, right?”

“Oh, I’m glad you still remember that. And to add on, you won’t have your birthday present this year. Try doing that again, I won’t even come to celebrate you birthday next time,”

“Yah~ Hajima~” Suho whined. Kyung Soo just silently laughed because he knew Joo Hyun was only lying about not buying Suho a birthday present. Joo Hyun stuck her tongue out at Suho.

“I’m glad my birth date is earlier than yours,” Joo Hyun said that, implicating that Suho can’t prank her on her birthday, because she will do the same on Suho’s birthday too.

“Aishh, stop acting so childish! I’ll come to your house tonight and will wish you happy birthday only later,” she rolled her eyes while Suho pouted. He has no choice because it was his fault at first.

 

NIGHT- AT SUHO’S HOUSE

Suho was still upstairs, inside his room when Joo Hyun came in. Joo Hyun wore a Peach coloured short sleeves plain blouse and white coloured jeans. She didn’t tie her hair too. Since all the foods were prepared on the table already, she just helped Suho’s mother to light up the candles on the birthday cake. Suho went downstairs after his mother called him, saying that Joo Hyun and her family had arrived.

They sang the song happy birthday and waited for Suho done making his wishes before he blew the candles off. While the others were eating the cake at the dining room, Joo Hyun asked Suho to follow her to go the living room.

She took something on the couch before she faced Suho again.

“Birthday present, take this,” she shoved the paper bag towards Suho’s direction. Instead of taking the present, he hugged Joo Hyun. Joo Hyun laughed in Suho’s embrace.

“Happy birthday Suho-ah. Thank you for everything. Be happy always and keep healthy okay?”

“Thank you, Hyunnie. Tchh, I thought you really didn’t buy me a birthday present,” Suho broke the hug and ruffled Joo Hyun’s hair.

“Of course I will buy one for you. Come on, let’s eat,” Suho nodded and asked Joo Hyun to go to the dining room first because he wanted to put the present inside his room.

 

“So, Joo Hyun,” Suho’s father said, making her to stop eating.

“Ne uncle,”

“Have you finished packing all your things yet? Are you still going to go to school tomorrow?” Suho frowned while munching the food inside his mouth slowly. Finished packing all your things? Still going to school tomorrow?

“Ah yes. And I’ll still be going to school tomorrow,” Suho’s father nodded.

“Where are you going? What’s with the ‘still going to school tomorrow’?” Suho frowned even more.

“Hm? Hyunnie didn’t tell you?” Joo Hyun’s mother looked at Joo Hyun where she later shook her head slowly.

“The three of us will be going to China tomorrow’s evening. I thought Hyunnie told you already,” Suho looked at Joo Hyun with unreadable look. Is she going to stay in China again? Why she didn’t even tell me about that?

Suho kept quiet while eating, not sure about what he felt. Sad, disappointed, unsure, confused. Finished eating, he went directly into his room, didn't even had his dessert. Joo Hyun asked her mother and Dae Hyun to go home first after they had dessert, since she wanted to check on Suho.

 

Knock! Knock!

 

Joo Hyun popped on her head. “Suho?” Suho took a glance and hummed while closing his closet, allowing Joo Hyun to enter his room. Joo Hyun was internally laughing because of Suho. She purposely didn’t tell Suho about her going to China – taking revenge because of what Suho did on her birthday.

 

FLASHBACK

“Omma, did you tell Suho’s parent about we’re going to China yet?”

“Ani, why?”

“I didn’t tell Suho about it yet. Omma, when you tell them, later when we’re having dinner, tell them to talk about it. I want to see Suho’s reaction. I think he will think that we’re going to stay there forever,” her mother made her eyes smaller – suspicious about it.

“I’m taking my revenge,” she stuck her tongue out. “I think it will be funny though,” her mother just shook her head a few times while smiling – amused.

“Aishh this kids, whatever you want Hyunnie,”

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“Why are you in your room so early?” Suho walked towards Joo Hyun before taking her by the wrist to sit on his bed while he towered over her.

“What’s with going to China so sudden like this?” Suho’s voice was tense and his look was serious.

“And why you didn’t inform me about that? You’re going to stay there?”

“Eo--“

“Why you didn’t tell me earlier? What? Am I not important in your life? I thought you said I can’t leave you, but what, you can leave me?” she was supposed to feel sad, disappointed with what Suho said, because he belittled his presence in her life, but since she knew Suho said all that without realizing the real situation, she didn't took it into her heart.

Suho sighed before he walked away and slouched on the chair in front of his study table before he face-palmed himself. Joo Hyun smiled seeing the frustrated Suho. Few minutes later, she went towards Suho. I think I had tortured him enough.

“Yahh, why are so moody?” she ruffled Suho’s hair, making the later hissed in annoyance before he removed his hands.

“Who told you to cut me off when I didn’t even finish talking yet?” Suho sat properly and frowned at Joo Hyun.

“What do you mean?”

“I’m just going there for three days,” she walked back towards Suho’s bed, where he followed Joo Hyun too.

“I’m going to meet my father, not to live there forever,” she rolled her eyes.

“J-Jinjja?” Joo Hyun smiled while nodding. Suho instantly hugged her.

“Yahh, stop scaring me like this ever again! You don’t know how I felt when my Appa said that just now,”

“Tchh. Blame yourself, you’re assuming too much! I didn’t even say a word about me going to live in China. Well, by the way, have you reflected yourself well?” Suho broke the hug and frowned.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I told my mom to make sure that your parents talk about me going to China while we’re eating, to see your reaction. It was my plan actually, well, who told you to do that on my birthday?” she stuck her tongue out.

“Mwoyaaaa! Arghh, this is embarrassing! Oh my, they must be laughing at me because of what happened just now,” Suho face-palmed himself while Joo Hyun laughed out loud.

“Exactly, they were laughing at you just now. You acted like your girlfriend is going to leave you forever,” Suho knocked Joo Hyun’s head, making her winced.

“Don’t you dare doing that again, or I’ll leave you for real,”

“Arasseo~ Mianhe Suho-ah. I’m sorry, ne? Ne?”

“How could I not forgive you when you do aegyo like that?” he ruffled Joo Hyun’s hair while she just grinned.

“Okay then, I’m going home since it’s late already,” she stood up from the bed and walked downstairs, where Suho tailed behind her.

“What time is your flight?”

“6 p.m., why?” both them walked towards the gate side by side.

“I’ll go to the airport to send you guys off tomorrow then,” Suho pocketed his hands.

“Okay then, whatever that makes you happy,” Suho tched before both them stopped in front of Joo Hyun’s house.

“Good night little girl. And let’s not do this stupid thing. EVER AGAIN. Ughh, what a stupid thing doing pranks. I shouldn’t even do that at the first place,” Suho slapped his own forehead, making Joo Hyun laughed.

“You’re right. Okay then, good night to you too. See you tomorrow,” Suho gave a peck on Joo Hyun’s forehead. Well, all their doings looks like they are lovey-dovey couple, isn’t it? But I am strongly against it. Both them are just sharing platonic love with each other, nothing more or less than that. Soon after, Joo Hyun entered her house and Suho went back into his. 

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'M DEEPLY AND SINCERELY SORRY FOR BREAKING MY PROMISE. (T.T) Actually, on Suho Oppa's birthday, I had to go to my last secondary school to help my teacher with some works //well, I'm really close with that teacher, since she's my favourite subject teacher, additional mathematics o(>.<)o// and later in the evening, I had to take my driving lesson and I swear my knees trembled after I finished it. I was nervous because it was only my second time driving a car and my driving teacher asked me to drive on the main road. How could my knees did not tremble?

But really, I'm sorry for the late update T.T ANDDDDDD, EXO OPPAS! CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR FIRST CONCERT. I've heard that you guys 'killed' so many fangirls already with your hotness. Oh my~ I wish I could go there. And I heard all the EXO members wore sleeveless shirts, is it true? Oh mann, I wanna see Kyung Soo Oppa wearing sleeveless shirt T.T // byuntae mood on, kekeke// and Lu Han Oppa killed most fangirls with the overloaded hotness, I think. LU HAN, YOU ARE FOREVER MY BIAS LISTS RUINER! UGHH

Okay, I'm gonna stop before I say more things. HAHAHA. By the way, wish me the best for another medical course interview this Monday! Fighting!