Chapter 53

Life is unexpected

 

STILL JOO HYUN'S POV

 


 

Let us just wait and see. Even though for now I feel like I won’t be giving a ‘no’ to Yixing; I still can’t be exactly sure yet. Maybe some things will happen soon and the result might be different. But for now, I guess I’ll be with Yixing. I hope things will work out for us this time, I hope.

 

But everything around me suddenly became too loud with different indistinct sounds. But I’m sure I heard loud honking sounds and someone calling out my name. But before I even realized it, something knocked me down and the next thing that I know, everything went dark.

END OF POV

 

 

KYUNG SOO’S POV

I saw Joo Hyun walked alone in front of the school gate and I wanted to walk home with her, but my feet won’t allow me, so I just walked a few metres behind her.

 

Pabo Kyung Soo, when are you going to confess? Ughh. Never knew falling in love would be THIS complicated. I had rather do 100 maths questions because at least, I know how to solve it, but this; I never know how to solve it since I had never encounter this kind of problem. Sigh.

 

But everything inside my mind vanished, hearing the loud honking sounds. I looked ahead of me and saw that Joo Hyun didn’t even stop walking across the street.

“JOO HYUN! STOP!” I had been calling her name a few times, but when she finally looked up from her feet, it was already too late. The car had already crashed her. I couldn’t think of anything and sprinted towards her.

 

“Joo Hyun, wake up. Hyun!” I lifted her upper body a bit and placed her head on my arm, lifting it from the hard-stony street. I patted her cheek softly as I called her name. I swear I was nervous and afraid, seeing her being unconscious at that time.

“Please, someone call the doctor,” I looked up from Joo Hyun for a second to pass the message at the people surrounding us. Hyun, don’t scare me up like this.

Minutes later, I could hear the siren sound and the next thing that I know; a few guys took Joo Hyun from me and put her on the stretcher.  I quickly followed them after I had picked up Hyun’s bag pack and went inside the ambulance.

 

 

“Sorry sir, you can’t enter here,” a nurse pushed me softly, preventing me from following Joo Hyun. I took a final look at her being pushed before I gave up and sat on the provided chair inside the Emergency Room.

 

This is all my fault. I should have walked with her just now. I shouldn’t have doze off and kept a fixed eyes on her. Hyun, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.

 

I fiddled my fingers and kept looking at the door, waiting for the doctor to come out and tell me that Hyun is perfectly fine. I noticed some bloods were stained at the area where I placed Joo Hyun’s head before and I couldn’t help but to think of the worst thing possible.

 

The door suddenly slides open and I quickly went to the doctor.

“Doctor, how is she? Is she okay?”

“Are you her family?”

“No, I’m her classmate,”

“I see. No worries, she just got some stitches at the back of her head, some scratches on her arms and she twisted her right ankle. She’s unconscious for now, due to the shock of the accident, but she’ll be fine soon,” he patted my shoulder. “We’ll move her out of ER and you can go visit her later,” I bowed a few times while saying ‘thank you’ at the doctor.

I heaved out a relieved sigh before bumping the back of my body against the cold wall. At that time, I was just to glad to hear that it is not too bad. One of the nurses came towards me and asked me to follow her to go to Hyun. I nodded and took Hyun’s back pack before I trailed behind her.

 

 

She looked peaceful in her sleep despite her head and right foot being bandaged. I leaned my head onto the side of the bed before I remembered I hadn’t told anyone about that yet. I fished out my phone from my back pack and dialled Suho Hyung’s number.

 

“Hello?”

“Eo Kyung Soo, why?”

“Hyung, come to the hospital now, Joo Hyun got crashed by a car just now,” I looked at Joo Hyun’s face as I told him that.

“WHAT??!! Kyung Soo-ah, is she okay? It isn’t that bad right?” I could hear a loud thumping sound from the opposite line and I could tell it was the sound of the locker door being closed. He’s voice sounded damn panicked. If I am this panicked, then Suho Hyung would feel more.

“Yeah, she’s fine. She got some stitches on her head and twisted her right ankle, but she’s unconscious now,”

“God thanks. Thank you for telling me, I’ll be there right away,”

“Alright Hyung, be careful,” I ended the call right after that. I sighed before I took Joo Hyun’s left hand and intertwined her fingers with mine while my right hand the back of her palm softly.

 

I won’t be able to forgive myself if something really bad happened to you today.

 

I could feel her fingers slightly moved, so I looked up at her and saw her face twitched. I stood up from the chair and moved closer to her face.

“Joo Hyun?” I whispered and her eyes slowly opened up. Seeing the confused look on her face, I said, “You’re in the hospital right now; you got crashed by a car. Remember?” I said softly but she just stared at the ceiling, maybe trying to remember it. She tried to sit up, but I pushed her shoulder down carefully and shook my head sideways.

“No, just lie down. You’ll get dizzy if you sit,” she nodded and lied back. Realizing I still held her hand, I retreated my hand and sat on the chair once again.

 

“How come you are here?”

“Actually, I walked behind you just now. I’m sorry; I should have pulled you away from the street. If I had done that, you--,” she placed her hand on my shoulder.

“It’s okay Kyung Soo. It was my fault for walking without looking on things around me. No worries,” she gave me a small smile. At that time, without me even aware of it, I stood up and hugged her, tightly.

“I’m glad that you’re fine Hyun. If not, I won’t be able to forgive myself forever. I swear I won’t let this ever happen to you again. I’ll protect you with everything that I got and never let you feel this kind of pain again,” I could feel her hand softly tapping on the back of my body as she planted her chin on my shoulder.

“I’m okay Kyung Soo. Thank you so much for worrying about me. But you don’t need to protect me forever; it would be bothersome for you. Thank you; you’re a great fri--,”

 

“I love you,” the three words suddenly slipped out from my mouth, making her to pull away from me with a frown on her face.  I laid her on the bed once again and pulled the chair closer, so that I could sit closer to her.

“What are you talking about? I don’t get it,” I held out my hand and held hers.

“I know this is not a good time for saying this, but, if I didn’t say this now, I know I can never say this to you anymore,” I gulped down my saliva before I locked eyes with Hyun again.

“Actually, since you had entered our school, I can’t put off my eyes from you. But since I saw how cold you are towards guys, I can’t embrace myself to talk to you. I would always steal a glance on you when I can and can’t help but to smile every time I saw your face. For now, you don’t know how glad I am to be able to become this close to you. It had never came across my mind that I would someday eat together with you, having a walk together with you, sharing stories with you and much more things,” I bit my lower lips and kept locking eyes with her.

“K-Kyung Soo, I-I--,”

“Shh, it’s okay. I know you didn’t feel the same for me. To be honest, I know about you met up with Yixing in China. And you know that I know about your past with him, but if being with him again would make you happy, then it’s okay for me. As long as you’re happy, I’m happy too. But remember, you can always look up for me if you need someone by your side,” I tried to control my facial expression, trying not to show her that that wasn’t what I really want to say. I gave her a small smile and released her hand.

“I’m sorry if this makes you feel awkward,”

“I-I’m sorry, Kyung Soo. I-I never knew about this,” I gave her another smile and shook my head.

“It’s okay,” but the sudden sound of the door being opened roughly made us turned our head towards that direction.

“Hyun, are you okay? You do know who I am, right? You can see me, right?” Suho Hyung rushed towards Hyun’s side and softly cupped her face, despite his panic voice.

“I’m okay, Suho-ah. It isn’t that bad. I still remember you and still can see you perfectly,” Suho Hyung immediately leaned down and pulled Hyun into his embrace.

“Yahh pabo-ya, don’t scare me with things like this again. You almost give me a heart attack just now. I will blame myself till I die if something bad happened to you, I swear. Oh thank God,” she hugged him back and slightly smiled.

“I’m sorry for worrying you, I never meant so. I promise to be more careful next time, hm?” Suho Hyung pulled off and laid Hyun onto the bed carefully again.

“You better be. Does that hurt?” he tried placing his hand on the bandaged area gently, maybe afraid that it would hurt Hyun if he touched it roughly.

“Aniya, it does not,” seeing how both them didn’t even seem to realize my existence there, I fixed my voice once to catch their attention and it did succeed when both them turned their head at me.

“So… I guess I should go home now. It seems like I’m disturbing both of you here,” I stood up and fixed my back pack on my shoulder.

“Hyun, here’s your back pack, I brought it together with us on our way here just now,” I picked up her back pack that I placed on the floor earlier and put it on the chair that I sat before. “I’ll head home first,”

“Alright, thank you Kyung Soo. If you were not there, I’m sure I won’t know about Hyun yet,”

“My pleasure, Hyung. Hope to see you at school soon, speedy recovery, okay?” I changed my gaze from Suho Hyung onto Joo Hyun and she just nodded as a reply. I gave them a smile and quickly walked out of the room, feeling suffocated.

END OF POV

 


 

I wanna watch Happy Camp T.T Maybe i'll try watching it tomorrow. Do leave some comments :)