Chapter 52

Life is unexpected

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

OMG. I didn't realize more than a week had passed by since i've last updated this story. Mianhe. I'm just too busy these few days that i even forgot about the stories that i wrote. Please leave some comments too T.T It is so lonely writing without having any reactions.

 

By the way, I've passed my driving test yesterday(wednesday) ! Yehet! I'm looking forward to get my license this Sunday! //grins//

 

Have a good day, fellas!

 


 

 

Hyun, can we meet up at the playground now?

 

Huh?  Despite feeling weird because of the request, she still replied a ‘yes’ and made her way to the playground. She headed directly towards a wooden bench that was placed at the playground after she arrived there, knowing that person would be waiting for her at the bench.

 

“Did you wait long?” she sat down beside the latter and gave a small smile.

“No, I just came too,” he gave her a one bright smile before he passed a bottle of apple yogurt where she took it while mumbling a ‘thanks’. Both them stayed quiet and took sips of their own yogurt while enjoying the light evening breeze.

“Oh right, why you want to meet me?” she turned her head and locked eyes with Kyung Soo.

 God knows how nervous he was at that time. He planned to confess to Joo Hyun but the words aren’t coming out from his mouth. Joo Hyun could only frowned looking at the troubled and uncomfortable look on Kyung Soo’s face.

 

 

What on earth is wrong with my mouth?

 

 

“Kyung Soo? Are you okay? You look sick,” she wanted to place her right palm onto Kyung Soo’s forehead, but was stopped mid-way by Kyung Soo’s hand.

“I-I’m okay. Don’t worry,” he gave her an awkward smile while Joo Hyun retreated her hand from Kyung Soo’s, feeling a bit flustered.

 

“Joo Hyun,” she fixed her gaze with Kyung Soo’s once again. “I-I, actually--,” oh come on Do Kyung Soo. You’re such a loser!

“I just want to meet up because you look to stressed out these few days,”

 

Huh? Joo Hyun raised one of her eyebrows, a bit suspicious with what Kyung Soo had just said.

 

 

Mentally slaps forehead. Stupid Kyung Soo, this is not what you want to say out loud. Ughh, damn it.

 

“Oookayyy,” she trailed off. “Thank you for worrying about me. But, are you sure that is just the reason you want to meet with me?” she made her eyes smaller as she pulled her head backwards a bit.

 

No. I want to say something else. Despite of what he thought in his mind, his head involuntary nodded at her question, making him wanted to bang his head on the wall. She just nodded her head a few times before taking another sip of the apple yogurt.

 

She has already grown comfortable with Kyung Soo being around her, that’s why sitting side by side like that with Kyung Soo is not something burdensome. In fact, she enjoys it and sometimes, when he’s being too kind or either too caring, she could feel her heart beats faster even though she doesn’t even know why.

 

 

“I guess it’s better to go home now, it’s almost six,” Kyung Soo took a look at his watch before he looked at Joo Hyun.

“Already? Time sure flew fast, isn’t it? It didn’t even feel like an hour had passed by,” both them stood up from the bench simultaneously and Kyung Soo gave a small smile.

“I know right? Anyway, even though I don’t know what were you worrying about so hardly, stop being too stressed out. You’ll get lots of wrinkles, you know?” Joo Hyun chuckled, amused. They walked side by side down the lane – going home.

Kyung Soo talked about some random things, trying to enlighten Joo Hyun’s mood where it did work out with giggles and laughter came out from their mouth. They bid goodbye at each other at the T junction, since their houses are at the opposite side of the road.

 

 

Right after Joo Hyun had had her dinner; she went upstairs, directly into her room. She walked towards her study table lazily and slumped her body on the chair while heaving out a sigh. Seconds later, she slides her lower body a bit, trying to place the crook of her neck on top of the chair back-rest before she rested both her arms on the arm-rest and looked up onto the ceiling – slightly swivelled the chair side by sides.

She took out her smartphone from the pocket of her baby blue coloured short-sleeves pyjamas and held it above her face – still maintaining the way she sat. She clicked the music folder and tapped the shuffle button before she put her phone on the table. The first song that was played was ‘I got a boy’ by Girls Generation. The upbeat song somehow gave her strength to continue finishing up her homework. She could not help but to sing along while tapping her fingers on the table while doing her Maths homework. The songs ‘1-4-3’ by Henry, ‘Everybody’ by SHINee, ‘I like you’ by GOT7 and ‘The boys English version’ by Girls Generation followed by and continued making her somehow feel energized.

 

As soon as the song ‘The boys’ ended, it suddenly went quiet for a second before the sounds of guitar strings being picked made both her hands stopped tapping and writing. She looked up from the book and let out a sigh before she grabbed the smartphone. Her thumb stopped mid-way before she could tap the forward button, not cooperating with her mind to skip the song that Yixing sang to her, making her to bump the back her palm with the phone in her grab onto the table – producing a low ‘badump’ sound.

She then leaned forward while folding her arms and planted it onto the table before she placed her head in between her arms.

 

 

There it goes again about Yixing. I don’t know why I’m thinking about this so intensely too.

 

She’s lying if her heart didn’t beat faster at his sweetness, his gentleness. It did, but she’s not sure if it is because of love or just out of a norm, well, which girl wouldn’t fall for that? Unless she’s crazy or a baby; yes, she won’t. Seeing how honest he is to make her as his girlfriend again was what made Joo Hyun couldn’t give an exact answer, even though before, she was sure that whatever Yixing do or say about this thing, the answer would absolutely be a big no. Sigh.

 

Should I just agree? Everyone deserves a second chance, isn’t it?

 

Even though she’s been saying that to herself quite a few times already, something still feels off. Something inside her seems like denying that, as if no matter what, being with Yixing again is not an exact thing she should do.

 

 

NEXT DAY – THURSDAY

JOO HYUN’S POV

 

Thump. I pushed the metal door closed before locking it and made my way out of school – alone. Suho needed to stay back for a few hours regarding the coming college examination to study with his colleague while Dae Hyun need to stay back to practice on his basketball game for a coming match in few days. He's been in the team since we first enter the school - his first year of high school. Yes, he's quite tall if you're curious. Psstt, to be compare with Suho, he's actually higher regardless only three years they differ in age.

 

So lonely. I hate walking home alone without Suho or Dae Hyun besides me. It’s not that I don’t have any friends, I do, but we’re not that close enough to go back home together. It’s rather awkward.

 

 

Can you please reconsider about dating me again?

 

I made my steps into a halt as the question suddenly rang inside my head for the nth time again. I heaved out a sigh and continued pacing on the lane with hands inside the pockets of my school uniform.

 

Let us just wait and see. Even though for now I feel like I won’t be giving a ‘no’ to Yixing; I still can’t be exactly sure yet. Maybe some things will happen soon and the result might be different. But for now, I guess I’ll be with Yixing. I hope things will work out for us this time, I hope.

 


 

Sorry! The update is kinda short //bows//