Chapter 22

Life is unexpected

AUTHOR'S NOTE

this colour indicates the conversations are in Mandarin. Black coloured are in Korean.

 


 

“I’m sorry for being unreasonable towards you. I should understand that the one that is experiencing more pain and hurt is you. Sorry for only thinking about my feelings. I just--- I just can’t stand the fact that you are miles away from me, even though you are just in front of me. I really regretted what I had done to you three years ago. You don’t know how much I’ve been trying to find and to contact you, Hyun. I was afraid that I can’t meet you anymore and afraid that you will hate me forever,” tears rolled down his cheeks will he spat those words, making Joo Hyun unconsciously hugged his neck.

“Oppa, don’t cry. Please don’t cry. It’s okay for me to cry, but I can’t stand seeing you cry,” she shook her head softly.

 

No matter how much hurt he gave me, I cannot see him in this state. No matter how much I want to avoid him, I know I can’t. He was once a person that was important to me.

 

“Hyun, I’m really sorry for everything that I did that hurt you. I’m sorry,” Yixing hugged her waist with tears still rolling down his cheeks.

“No, I’ve already forgiven you. I just need some time to recover from it, okay? I had to admit it that I hate guys because of what happened in China. My trust in guys was shattered into dust. That’s why I’m being like this. But it was not solely you fault Yixing, no,” she then broke the hug and looked into Yixing’s eyes.

“But we can’t be together again, that is what I’m really sure,” Yixing shook his head weakly while shutting his eyes, denying that hurtful fact.

“I’m sorry Yixing. Our love story had ended already, and we can’t change that,” she ran her fingers through her long hair.

“I’m leaving, Hyun. I can’t think rightly anymore right now. But I really hope we could be like before again,” he hung his head low down while face-palming himself.

“You--- you won’t do anything stupid, right?” Joo Hyun grabbed both Yixing’s wrist, uncovering his face.

“Don’t worry,” with that, he walked away. Joo Hyun watched Yixing until he was lost from her sight before she walked home.

 

Joo Hyun entered her house lifelessly while spacing out, making her mom frowned.

“Hyun?”

"Hyun?"

“Hyun. What’s wrong?” Joo Hyun’s mom grabbed her right shoulder to make her come to her senses again.

“Oh Omma,” her mom make her sat on the sofa at the living room.

“What’s wrong? Why are you spacing out? Tell me,”

“Omma. Ottohkae? I made Yixing cried just now. He wanted us to be together again, but I refused. He wanted to go the amusement park and I turned it down. Every single thing that he did to me, I tried to ignore. What should I do, Omma?”

“Hyun, do you still love him?”

“I don’t. But it hurts me seeing him in that kind of state,”

“Let say you really don’t, but if seeing him like that hurts you, then stop avoiding him. Tell him properly that you guys are not meant together. Tell him that he will find someone better. You are hurt too by avoiding him, right?”

“I don’t want to avoid him, but every time I looked at him, the memory of that day will come back. It hurts, Omma,” tears start filling up in the corner of her eyes.

“Hyun, I know it hurts. But can’t you just forgive and forget whatever Appa and Yixing did before this? By doing that, your heart will be more at ease. Don’t let whatever happened before make you lose one of your best friends, Hyun,” her mom patted her shoulders before going to the kitchen.

Joo Hyun slouched down and stayed for a while, thinking about what her mom said.

 

Haishh, why is it so confusing? What should I do? I don’t want to be couples with him again and I’m sure of that decision of mine. But at the same time, I don’t want to lose him again. Once is enough. I want us to become friends like before again. But that IS impossible if Yixing still wants to think of me as a girlfriend. Aishh, whatever.

 

She got up and went to her room to take a bath. After dinner, she lied on her bed while hugging her teddy bear.

 

Just this once, Yixing. This once. And I need to talk to you about us seriously. Let ask Kyung Soo and Yi Fan to join us too.

 

She grabbed her phone from the side table to text Kyung Soo.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE 

Anneyeong readers! Gosh, haven't update this story for a week already, THANKS to my college life T_T

By the way, thanks to those who are loving and supporting my story. you never how much it meant to me //shed tears//

Do leave some comments and do subscribe too!