Chapter 43

Life is unexpected

“Nothing. I just feel like my baby is growing up already,” he then caressed Joo Hyun’s cheek.

“Come, let’s sleep. You can just continue doing your homework tomorrow,” she just nodded and lied down besides Suho. Suho slept while hugging Joo Hyun where she did the same too.

 

SUHO’S POV

I went to Joo Hyun’s house earlier in the evening, but her mom told me she went out to the park, which I found that it is really weird. Hello? We’re talking about Song Joo Hyun right now, the anti-social girl, well, even though she wasn’t an anti-social before, but she do right now. So I decided to go and took a peek of who she’s meeting. And there she was, with Kyung Soo. Okay, stop the weird thinking right now, right at this moment. I AM NOT jealous, okay? I didn’t even get to say what I feel yet, so stop being a weird-thinker. Okay, let’s get to the point. The moment I saw her with Kyung Soo, I was smiling like an id--- no, like a happy person I would say. Who wouldn’t? Okay, there are, but obviously not me. Heyy, I’ve known Hyunnie ever since she was a baby!

I just couldn’t help but to smile, seeing her bright smile, her TRUE bright smile once again. The moment Kyung Soo said he likes Hyunnie, and the way Hyunnie never really pushed him away, I know something good will happen. I know deep there in her heart, she already has some likings towards Kyung Soo, but maybe she was still afraid. Yeah, afraid that the past experiences will happens once again. I really want to see Hyunnie getting out her shell of paranoia towards guys as soon as possible. I love her, more than anything in this world, okay except my parents, and nothing can change that fact. Wait, what did I said? Oh right, I love her. Yes, I love her, as my baby, as my friend, as my little sister, as my missing pieces that no one can ever replace and my precious little girl.

But I’m happy to see her happy. Okay, now you guys must be confused because of my grumpy reaction towards Hyunnie. To be frank, I am slightly, just slightly feels sad about the fact she’s comfortable with another guy, in this case, Kyung Soo. I think I wouldn’t have any more chances to be THIS close with Hyunnie when she has a boyfriend. I mean, which guy won’t feel jealous when seeing his girlfriend sleeps together with another guy? Hey, stop the weird thinking! Not sleep together as in sleep together, but as in what I always do with Hyunnie, sleeping side by side and cuddle each other, just that, okay? Sheesh.

Oh please, look, I’m going wayyy out of topic already. Okay, well, no matter what, Hyunnie is on my top list, so if someone wants to hurt her, dream about it forever, or to be simpler, over my dead body. I won’t allow anyone to hurt my baby girl, not even Kyung Soo. I will always protect her as much as I could but the question is, what if by having me close to Hyunnie IS the reason why she’s hurting? I mean, okay, let’s say Kyung Soo will be her boyfriend, what if, what if Kyung Soo somehow does not like me being too close with her thus making them to start bickering on each other, just because of me? What should I do?

“Kajima Suho-ah,” Hyunnie suddenly mumbled while hugging me tighter, making me slightly shocked. I tapped her back of body softly to lull her to sleep again. She must be dreaming of something important about me that she even talked in her sleep.

“Arasseo, I won’t go anywhere,” I whispered closed to her ear and decided to just sleep. I kissed her forehead and slept while hugging her. Be happy always, Hyunnie. Seeing you happy is enough for me.

END OF POV

 

THE NEXT DAY

“What did you dreamt about yesterday?” both them woke up already and were inside the bathroom – putting toothpaste on their toothbrush.

“Why?” Suho closed the toothpaste lid and put in near the water tap of the sink before answering.

“You were sleep-talking yesterday,” Joo Hyun kept brushing her teeth while trying to remember about her dream and Suho did the same.

“I dreamt about you, I think,” she wiped using the back of her palm while Suho wiped his wet face with a small towel and both them went out of the bathroom before sitting at the edge of the bed together.

“Ah right! I dreamt about--- n-nothing, it was just a dream though,” she shook her head a few times and wanted to get up from the bed but Suho grabbed her wrist, to stop her.

“Tell me. I know it wasn’t a really good dream. I heard something about me when you were sleep-talking yesterday,” Joo Hyun never really likes the blank look on Suho’s face; it somehow gives her a bad feeling. She bit her lower lip before sat down besides Suho again.

“W-Well, in that dream, you keep on avoiding me when I want to talk to you. You keep on running away from me and I don’t know what the reason is. At one moment, we’re at the park, you told me that you’re going away from me and you don’t want to see nor talk to me anymore,” she bit her lower lip again to stop the tears from falling down. Having Suho away from her life is never on the list. She can’t keep on moving if Suho is going to leave her. Suho lightly smiled as he softly Joo Hyun’s hair. He hugged her later where she did the same.

“Listen carefully to what I’m going to say, hm? I will never ever leave you out of my own willing, not now, not later, okay? You already know you’re the most important person in my life after my parents and that fact will never change. But, okay listen, but, if having me near you will somehow ruins your relationship with your boyfriend-to-be, at that time, I have no choice but to le---,”

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Weeeeeee, cliffhanger! Haha x) Haven't done this for a long time already, I think. Any comments readers? Okay kidding. Hope you enjoy the update!