Chapter 51

Life is unexpected

 

STILL YIXING'S POV

 


 

“I love you, Joo Hyun. And it’s getting more and more as days passes by,” I leaned in again and we kissed for the second time. I don’t know why she responded to the kisses.

 

Does she still love me?  

 

But it was shorter than the first one as she suddenly pushed me away from her and it struck me right away that it was wrong for me to do that. A part of me regretted it but another part of me actually felt happy.

She turned her back at me and I could tell she’s actually cupping , but I don’t know what she was thinking at that time.

 

 

“H-Hyun, s-sorry. I know I shouldn’t do that--,”

“It’s okay, let’s just go back to the hotel,” and cue to the sound of my heart shattering because of the cold tune that she used. She walked ahead of me fast without even looking back; making me flustered, and I quickly picked up all the things that fell before I jogged towards her and grabbed her wrist.

 

“Hyun, I’m sorry for what happened just now. But please, don’t make me worry by walking alone. At least, let me makes sure that you arrive at your hotel safely,” I made her faced me when I said that. She bit her lower lip before weakly nodding her head. But before we started walking again, I zipped open my sweater and wrapped it around her shoulders since it was a sleeveless dress and the night was chilly.

 

 

We did not walk with hands locked anymore and I just followed behind her. If I knew what I did would make things between me and Hyun awkward, I wouldn’t do that. I SWEAR.

 

What the hell have I done just now? And how am I going to make things between me and Hyunnie like before again? Ughh.

 

 

“Y-Yixing,” in front of the hotel, Hyunnie suddenly turned her body and faced me, making me slightly shocked as I made my steps into a halt.

“Yes?”

“I-I’m sorry for what happened just now. I don’t know why I did that too,” she fiddled her fingers and bit her lower lip while looking down to her feet.

 

 

I should take this as a chance, right?

 

“Hyun,” she looked up and locked eyes with me. “Can you please reconsider about dating me again? I know we could make up our relationship further than just friends once again,” I paced few steps towards her until I stood right in front of her.

“I really meant it when I said it just now, Hyun. My love for you keeps getting more and more and it really hurts to let you away again for tomorrow. I want to keep you by my side, but I know I can’t. Can you please give some more space for me in your heart? I want to keep protecting you by your side for the rest of my life,” but I felt my heart broke at the moment she took a step backwards.

 

“I-I don’t know, Yixing. I can’t think. Just give me some time,” she shook her head sideways and looked down.

 

Please Hyun, let me be there again, in your heart and mind even more than before.

 

I sighed. “Okay Hyun, I won’t force you. But please, let me be with you at the airport tomorrow, okay? I won’t disturb you in the morning,” I was glad when she nodded her head.

“Thanks Yixing. I’ll see you again tomorrow. Good night and--,” she wanted to return my sweater, but I stopped her mid-way by holding her hand.

“It’s okay, just keep it for yourself. Good night, Hyunnie,” I gave the paper bag containing her clothes to her and waited for her to enter the hotel before I walked away.

 

Good night, sweetheart. I love you.

 

END OF POV

 

 

Joo Hyun pushed the number 10 button inside the lift and rested her body against its wall while closing her eyes. The memories of her kissing with Yixing earlier kept flashing inside her mind that she felt like her heart was going to explode. She grabbed the sides of her head and let out a groan.

 

What have I done? Why did I kiss him back?

 

Ting. She walked out of the lift and headed towards the room 1007. She texted Dae Hyun, asking him to open the door because she’s afraid that her mom had already slept and the bell sound would woke her up.

 

Sigh. Even the room’s number is making me thinking about him.

 

She’s saying about Yixing’s birth date, 7th October. Seconds later, the clicking sound of the door being opened made the sight of Yixing inside her head vanished.

 

 

“Uhh, Noona, if I remember it correctly, you wore a blouse and white jeans this morning, isn’t it? How come it transformed into a dress?” Dae Hyun was following his sister close behind and the question made Joo Hyun rolled her eyes.

She slumped her body onto the couch and closed her eyes as she rested her head on its back-rest. Dae Hyun frowned seeing the weird aura around his sister before he sat on the couch too.

 

“Yixing bought it for me,” huh?

“Then why are you being sooooooo moody-frustrated-troubled-messed up like this?” Joo Hyun groaned internally. She shot her eyes open and stared at the ceiling without saying anything. Being a brother that knows his sister won’t immediately answer his question; he stayed quiet and looked at Joo Hyun patiently.

 

“Dae-ah,” she turned her head at Dae Hyun and he just jerked his chin upward as a respond.

“Do you think I still love Yixing?” Dae Hyun raised his eyebrows.

“What kind of question is that? How would I know, it is your own feeling, Noona,” Joo Hyun sighed before she curled up her legs onto the couch and hugged it close to her chest.

“I don’t know too. Things are getting messed up and I don’t know what I feel for him now; love or just-- I’m being too comfortable with him and too caught up in the memories with him when he was still my boyfriend,” she planted her right cheek on her knees and looked at Dae Hyun.

“Noona, wait. Be honest, what actually happened when you went out with Yixing Ge today?” he emphasized on the word ‘actually’ and made his eyes smaller as he locked eyes with his only sister.

 

Something is damn fishy here.

 

Joo Hyun bit her lower lip as the pictures of her kissing with Yixing flashed inside her mind once again.

 

“We kissed. Twice,” she face-palmed herself and let her legs down the couch again while Dae Hyun was just hanging his mouth ajar – shocked with what his sister had just spilled out.

 

Heol, unbelievable. 

 

He closed his mouth seconds later and fixed his voice, making Joo Hyun to face him again.

“Hold on, why…. Did you kiss him?” he jerked his eyebrows once again while Joo Hyun ruffled her hair almost roughly and let out a groan.

“I told you, I don’t know. I don’t understand what I actually feel for him now. Things are getting jumbled up and confusing,”

“Ooookayyy. Why don’t you think over it carefully once again? To be honest, now, I’m okay if you want to be with Yixing Ge again, as long as you’re going to be happy. But, if there is someone else that can make you happy, you need to consider about him too. I’m not saying there is one, just… tsk. Think about it thoroughly, okay?” Dae Hyun patted his sister’s shoulder and got up from the couch, towering over his sister.

“Good night, Noona,” he then just left his sister confused like that and went to sleep.

 

 

NEXT DAY, EVENING – BEIJING INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

 

“Hyun,” she jumped in her sit, because Yixing suddenly called her name.  He fixed his gaze with Joo Hyun’s.

“I’m sorry for making things between us awkward again, but no, I’m not going to stop trying until you’re sure with your feeling. I won’t nag to you about this thing but I hope that we can still keep contacting each other as before, can’t us?” Yixing kept feeling the urge to hold Joo Hyun’s hands on her lap as he talked, but he did not.

 

“C-Can you stop contacting me for one or two weeks? I need to gather up myself and think about this thoroughly. You know how hard it was for me to be able to talk to you like this again and it is actually even harder for me to take steps to where I was I hurt once again,” Yixing flinched for a second, having to hear Joo Hyun said that. And it made him regretted over and over again for breaking up with Joo Hyun.

He sighed helplessly. “Okay Hyun, I’ll give you some space and time. But after two weeks, I’ll contact you back,” Joo Hyun smiled awkwardly and nodded – giving a sign of ‘thank you’.

 

 

 KYUNG SOO’S POV

It has been four days since Joo Hyun came back from Beijing. She told me that that the meet up with her father went well, but I could not help but to notice that she becomes different after she comes back to Korea. She seemed to be the old Joo Hyun once again, the quiet and introvert Joo Hyun. She talked less to me, didn’t give a damn on Se Hun’s whining and stuffs and I think she talked less with Suho Hyung too. She looked like she was thinking very hard on something but since I don’t have any right to interfere in her life’s matters; I did not ask her about it.

 

 

“Hyung,” huh?

“Can I talk to you for a second?” I could feel my eyes went bigger because of the sudden request.

“M-Me? Why?” I pointed my forefinger to myself. He did not answer and just walked away without waiting for me to follow him. I quicken my pace and followed him until we arrived at the rooftop.

 

Why of all place, rooftop always becomes somewhere famous for a talk? Sigh.

 

“Hyung,” he turned his body while pocketing his hands and faced me. I jerked my eyebrows at him.

“You do like Noona or not?” he furrowed his eyebrows and paced a step closer to me while I, can just stared at him from his sudden question.

 

Why he suddenly ask me that question?

 

“Why are you asking me that?”

“Because Yixing Ge keep trying to make her love him again, since he’s sure with his feeling. But you, you did nothing but just admiring her quietly and without doing anything to make her fall for you. Noona is being like this because of what happened between them in Beijing and she’s being thinking hard whether to be with him again or not,”

 

Gulp.

 

“I’m just telling you this because I don’t want you to regret anything later,” he paced a few more steps until he was standing right in front of me and tapped my shoulder softly.

“Come on, Hyung. A guy shouldn’t be this cowardly,” Dae Hyun went down after he said that, leaving me dumbfounded alone on the rooftop.

 

It would absolutely make Joo Hyun shocked if I suddenly confess to her. But… Dae Hyun’s right, if I didn’t say that to her, I’ll regret it for sure.

 

The sound of the bell ringing, indicating the recess time is over made me slightly jumped before I made my way towards the classroom.

 

END OF POV