Chapter 41

Life is unexpected

“She’s trying to slap you thrice?! Tell me who it is,” Suho had this serious look on his face after he spat those word. He already promised himself to not let others hurt Joo Hyun. He’s got enough of Joo Hyun crying and it hurts him to see that.  Joo Hyun is his precious little sister, so that why he’s very protective towards her, especially after what happened in China.

“It’s okay~ I’ve settled it down already. You’re being too protective, Suho-ah. I’m fine, didn’t I? It’s just something small, don’t worry much,” Suho sighed in defeat at Joo Hyun. Well, what else can he says?

 

JOO HYUN’S POV

I SWEAR I won’t tell Suho about the letters and the thumbtacks thingy. Look how he’s being overly worried because of just a slap. Actually, what Seong Mi did happened since five to six months ago, but I don’t want to make it into a huge case, so I decided to just ignore and shut my mouth about it.

“Okay then, I’ll just go home,” I looked at Suho and gave him a small nod.

“Don’t forget to eat dinner and your medicine. Take a bath later, so that your body temperature will come down a bit more, okay? If you are still having fever tomorrow, don’t ever think to go to school, arasseo?” there he goes again, the naggy-gramps-style. He got up from my side and my hair using his left hand softly and I nodded again. He then walked towards my study table to get his backpack.

“Good night, little girl,”

“Yaa, it’s still evening,” he chuckled at my answer. He then waved goodbye at me where I replied with the same gesture. He got out from my room and I got up to take a bath.

After I got out from the bathroom, I picked my phone and saw a message came in.

 

From : Kyung Soo

Hyun, are you okay? Why you didn’t tell me that you’re having fever?

 

To : Kyung Soo

I’m getting better already, don’t worry much :) Well, it wasn’t that bad at first, that’s why I kept it for myself.

 

From : Kyung Soo

I’m glad you’re getting better :) Okay then Hyun, take care. Don’t forget to eat your medicine! Good night.

 

To : Kyung Soo

Thanks for your concern, Kyung Soo. Good night too.

 

After that, I went downstairs to eat dinner and to get my medicine. Never thought getting fever will help me in a way. As in right now, I’m saved from too much questions from Suho and Omma.

END OF POV

 

TWO WEEKS LATER

KYUNG SOO’S POV – AT HIS HOUSE

I’m being MUCH closer with Joo Hyun these few last weeks after we need to assist Yixing and Yi Fan last time. I’m SERIOUSLY grateful about that. You know what? I’ve been watching her from afar ever since she enrolled into our school last… two years, if I’m not mistaken. Okay, what I mean by watching from afar is that, I never really talk with her before this. How could I do that? She’s cold towards guys, A LOT. I had always wanted to ask her why she’s like that, but I’m too--- erm, shy? Maybe. The only guy she ever talk much was ONLY Se Hun. I swear. I don’t know how he did that and I envy him badly. I can’t explain with words about how much grateful I am to know her MUCH MUCH better. I can’t believe she told me about the problem that has been haunting her and the reason for her being as cold as possible towards guys.

How I wish I can wipe away all the hatred and her paranoia towards guys .B-Because, it is because I-I love her. I really do. But I’m afraid, afraid that she won’t accept my love. I just hope I can be the one that she could trust and lean on forever. Okay I know I’m too young to talk about being forever but I KNOW she’s the one for me. But I think it is too fast to say ‘I love you’ to her when we’re close for not a long time yet.

 

Beep.

 

Huh?  I took my phone that was on the side table. A message. I quickly swiped the phone screen to unlock it and read the message that was sent by the one that I’ve been thinking of. Joo Hyun, obviously.

 

From : Hyunnie

Anneyeong :) Are you busy? Wanna stroll around the park?

 

Are you kidding me Hyunnie? Of course I want to!

 

To : Hyunnie

Anneyeong :) Not really. Sure, it’s my pleasure. When?

 

From : Hyunnie

Uh-- right now? I’m in front of your house already. Hehe x)

 

WHAT?! I jumped off my bed and took a peek through the window. She looked up and grinned at me while waving her hands cutely. I couldn’t think of anything anymore at that time and rushed downstairs after I grabbed my phone and wallet.

“Since when were you here?” she chuckled right after I talked. Now what?

“Why are you so panicked? I just arrived here. And why did you rushed? Look at you hair, it is all dishevelled already,” she chuckled once again. Mann, this is embarrassing! I couldn’t say anything and just grinned.

“So, let’s go?” she nodded and we walked side by side. We went to the convenience store and bought an apple yogurt each. I realized something after Yixing went back to China. She’s more open towards guys, I mean, she’s not as cold as before, where I think--- no, I know it is a good thing.

“So, what happened?” she looked at me with confusedly with some wrinkles formed on her forehead.

“What happened what?”

“Well, you know, it is unusual for you to suddenly come to my house like this,” I took a sip of the yogurt and glanced at her.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys, I'm just curious about something. Is there anything happened between Taeyeon and Tiffany? I opened Taeyeon's IG and saw some comments about Taeny and Khunfany thingy and I'm confused.

 

Anyway, please don't be a silent reader >,< Do comment too :)