Chapter 45

Life is unexpected

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This colour is in Mandarin dearest sweetest readers :) 

 


 

“Good night too,” after she turned off the call, she swivelled her chair and faced Dae Hyun who’s been sitting at the edge of her bed.

“Are you sure you want to meet Appa again?” Dae Hyun nodded.

“Noona, I know you’re still mad at Appa, but let’s just meet him this once. I know the problem between Omma and Appa was not settled yet. Let’s give them a chance to settle things between them,” she then released a small sigh.

“Arasseo. Now, go to sleep, it’s late already,” both them stood up simultaneously and Dae Hyun went towards his sister direction and hugged her where she did the same too.

“Thanks for being a great sister, Noona. I love you, good night,” she chuckled at Dae Hyun.

“Arasseo big boy, I love you too. Good night,” she then broke the hug and slightly ruffled Dae Hyun’s hair – making him lightly pouted.

 

THE NEXT DAY – SUNDAY

Thee three of them – Joo Hyun, Dae Hyun and their mother were at the dining room, having their lunch. Dae Hyun suddenly kicked Joo Hyun’s leg softly; making his sister stopped munching the food for a while as she took a look at her little brother – confused. Dae Hyun slightly jerked his chin towards their mother – wanting Joo Hyun to talk about their dad.

Joo Hyun released a low sigh before she fixed her voice, making her mom to look at her.

“O-Omma,”

“Yes? What?” Joo Hyun bit her lower lip – feeling nervous and unsure about telling her mother about that.

“Promise me you won’t be mad at me first,” her mom frowned and looked at Joo Hyun and Dae Hyun back and forth because Dae Hyun was keeping his head low. Something is fishy.

Okay. What is it?” their mom stopped eating and so do Joo Hyun.

“It is about Appa,” she stopped for a second to see her mother’s reaction. Seeing her mother nodded, she continued.

“He wants to meet us, all three of us,”

“How did you know that?” her mom tried really hard to make sure her voice won’t sounded trembled. She doesn’t want to show a weak side of her in front of her children.

“Yixing accidentally met him at our old neighbourhood in China. He did not ask for us to return to him, he just wants to meet us once. So… can we meet him?” Dae Hyun looked up from his bowl towards his mom.

“Omma, can we meet him? Just this once. I promise I won’t ask for more; I miss Appa,” Dae Hyun said, making their mom sighed. It is not that she is still mad at her husband, no. She already forgave her husband for what happened, the only thing she’s worried is about Joo Hyun and Dae Hyun. She’s not sure about taking them to see their father again. Joo Hyun was slapped, Dae Hyun was ignored and her husband said bad words at her children and she’s afraid they will be hurting because of the same thing again. How could she just believe that her husband ‘just’ wants to meet them? What if other thing happens? What if other bad thing happens?

“Hyun, are you sure Appa really just wants to meet us? What if both you got hurt again?” Joo Hyun kept silent for a moment before answering.

“I’m not sure and to be honest, I’m afraid to meet Appa too. But Omma, whatever it is, he’s still my father and I’ve been thinking about it all night. I think it’s best to meet Appa again and solves everything that was left unresolved before. I have things to say to Appa too,” their mom let out a sigh.

“I’ll think about it thoroughly again and I’ll tell both of you soon, okay?” she then place her palms on top of Joo Hyun and Dae Hyun’s arm each. Both them lightly smile and nodded. They knew the person who has been through the hardest time is their mother. As much as they want to meet their father, they don’t want their mother to be in pain again.

 

TUESDAY – NIGHT

“Hyun,”

“Ne Omma,” she stopped doing her homework and swivelled the chair to face her mother who’s been sitting at the edge of the bed.

“Let’s go meet Appa this weekend,” Joo Hyun blinked her eyes a few times – shocked with what her mother said.

“A-Are you sure? Are you okay to meet Appa again, Omma? I-If you are doing this just for me and Dae Hyun, let’s no--,”

“Aniya.. I want to meet him too and settle down all things,” her mom got up from the bed and walked towards Joo Hyun where she then Joo Hyun’s hair softly.

“Thank you. I know both of you are thinking about me a lot and don’t want to hurt me. I’m glad that I’ve got a daughter and a son like both of you,” Joo Hyun stood up and hugged her mom.

“Aniya Omma. You work hard to raise both of us. We should be the one to feel thankful,” her mom warmly smiled before she broke the hug.

“I’ll book the tickets and we’re going on Friday, evening. Tell Yixing that we’ll meet with your father on Saturday and we’ll go home on Sunday. And we’ll be staying at hotel, I think you have to say that to Yixing, because I’m sure he’ll want us to stay with him and his family if we didn’t tell him that,” Joo Hyun laughed, hearing that.

“Exactly Omma,” both them laughed then together. After that, Joo Hyun skyped with Yixing.

 

Oppa, we’ll be going to China on Friday,”

“Really? Then when are you going to meet your father? When are you going back to Korea?” Yixing was actually not solely happy because Joo Hyun will meet her father, he was actually happier to think that he can meet Joo Hyun again.

“We’ll meet him on Saturday morning, at the café both of us usually went to after school. And we’ll be back to Korea on Sunday evening,”

“Alright, I’ll tell him tomorrow. So, where are you staying? Just stay at my house,” told you, he’ll ask us to stay at his house.

“Thanks but Omma already booked a hotel room. Sheesh, you’re still the nice Zhang Yixing, after all. That’s why Omma booked a hotel room earlier, she knew you’ll say that,” Yixing pouted, hearing that and made Joo Hyun laughed at his reaction. She then fell silent before she talked again.

“Thank you Oppa. For everything,” Yixing warmly smiled upon hearing that.

“I did nothing, Hyun. There’s no need to thank me,” Joo Hyun nodded.

“So… we’ll meet each other soon?”

“Of course! I haven’t been there for three years already and of course I need a tour guide; you,” she pointed her index finger at Yixing at the word ‘you’, making Yixing laughed.

“No big deal. I’ll show you around,” Joo Hyun chuckled.

“Okay. Well, it’s late already and both us need to go to school tomorrow. So, good night and sweet dreams Oppa,”

“Good night to you too, Hyun. Text me when you’ll board the plane, okay? Take care,” Joo Hyun nodded and both of them waved goodbye at each other before they ended the call.

 

NEXT DAY (WEDNESDAY) – AT SCHOOL

“Hyun,”

“Eo? What?” she looked up from her smartphone to the owner of the voice.

“It’s recess time already, aren’t you going to go to the café?” she took a look at her watch and out of nowhere, she slightly stuck out her tongue – shock.

“Oh right, I didn’t realize that. Let’s go,” she stood up and walked side by side with Kyung Soo to the café.

“What were you doing just now to don’t even realize recess time?”

“Ah, I texted Yixing just now,” Kyung Soo suddenly fell silent.

 

She still keeps contacting with Yixing? Sigh. I’m jealous.

 

Joo Hyun noticed the change in Kyung Soo’s facial expression. “Why? What’s wrong?”

“Eo? N-Nothing. But, isn’t it expensive to make international ---uh, texting?” Joo Hyun laughed at Kyung Soo’s uncertain choose of words.

“Aniya, I used KakaoTalk to contact him,”he said ‘Ahh’ and nodded after that. After finished buying food, they went to sit at their usual seats.

“Ah right, did you bought Suho Hyung’s present yet?” Joo Hyun hummed a ‘yes’ before she took a bite of her sandwich. Just as she wanted to tell Kyung Soo about the present, Suho came, making her cancelled it.

“What were you guys talking about?” Suho asked while taking his seat besides Joo Hyun.

“Tchh. Old guy like you cannot know what the younger ones like us talked about. You’re too old to know that,” Suho did head-lock at Joo Hyun and pinched Joo Hyun’s cheek because she said that, making her whined because of the not-so-hard-pinch.

“What? What did you say? What, old guy? Yahh, I’m one of the hottest guy here, you know? How dare you call me old,” he gritted his teeth while piching Joo Hyun’s cheek playfully – resisting himself from pinching Joo Hyun’s cheek too hard, thus making his hand that was doing so to shake.

“Yahhh! It hurts! Let me go! I want to eat! Yahh Joonnie!” she constantly punched Suho’s leg to make him let her away. Kyung Soo could not help but to laugh at the childish ‘kids’ in front of him.

“Aishh arasseo arasseo! Sheesh, I didn’t even pinched that hard, but your punch was really strong just now! It hurts a lot!” Joo Hyun stuck her tongue out at the frowning Suho after she managed to freed herself from the head-lock.

“Serve you right!” Joo Hyun said. But despite that, Suho helped her to fix her hair. Well, after all, it was his fault at first, isn’t it?

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I am shocked actually. Why? Ahh, because i didn't know that the story line would fit perfectly with the real dates. I mean, I did calculate the time line of the story from the start of the story which I imagined to be on February/March (I can't really remember already that one because I calculated long ago) to Suho's birthday. And it actually turned out to fix nicely with Suho Oppa's birthday on tomorrow. Daebak. Hahaha. I know it is weird to be excited because of your own piece of work. Don't mind me. Haha.

By the way, I still didn't hear any news from EXO or Kris yet. Sigh. #EXOfighting #EXOsaranghaja !

 

So, I'll update again on Suho Oppa's birthday ❤ Please leave some comments. Subscribers and upvoters are always loved ❤