Chapter 40

Life is unexpected

“Stop getting close with Se Hunnie and Suho Oppa’s clique,” she stared at me while folding her arms against her chest.

 

Is that supposed to be a warning? I won’t stop being close with Suho just because of a girl that is nothing like her. Who the hell she thinks she is, to ask me to stop being close with Suho that have been with me more than I could ever remember.

 

“In your dream,” I mumbled under my breath, but I sure she heard that.

“Who do you think you are to stop me being close with Suho? And for Se Hun or the other guys, sorry, I never had any interest in them. Tell Se Hun by yourself, and see whether he’ll agree or not. Tchh! Such childish peoples like you really should learn doing something that is more beneficial,” she rushed forward to slap me again, but I told you, my reflexes are good. I told you, you are looking for troubles at wrong person, my dear. Using my right hand, I hold her right hand that’s going to slap me and brought her hand behind her and twisted it a bit as she spanned from the harsh grab I did at her. From the position we were facing each other, it changed to I stood behind her while gripping her hands firmly behind her.

“I warned you already, didn’t me?” I twisted her hands that were in my grip a bit more while giving some pressure, making her hissed in pain. I then pushed her forwards; away from me, making her almost stumbled from the push.

“And both of you, tell this friend of yours to stop doing all the things she’s doing at me right know. The letters, thumbtacks and also the stalking thing. If it still happens in the future, I’ll make sure all the three of you to be dropped from school and you guys will never graduate,” I send death glares at the other two girls who’re standing beside Seong Mi. They gulped hard and looked afraid of my warning.

“You are just lucky that I didn’t break your hand just now. I, ignoring the things you’ve done don’t mean that I’m weak and afraid of you. I just don’t want to make my Tae-Kwon-Do skills went to a waste because of your childish acts. Try doing this again and you’ll regret it forever,” I turned my back at them and walked towards the door after showing an annoyed look.

“And this will be the first and last time we meet in this kind of situation,” I ly my head to give my last warning and went downstairs – heading to ladies.

 

“Damn it, it leaves a red mark there,” I looked at my cheek through the mirror in the toilet.

 

Urghh. I’ve been cursing a lot because of that damn girl. Oh no, I’m cursing again. Sigh. And I’m sure Suho’s gonna be nagging about this red mark at me later. Shoot, recess time passed for 15 minutes already. Kyung Soo’s ganna bombards me with questions too.

 

Finally thinking of something, I exited the toilet and walked towards my locker. Gathering my things, I decided to go home. Giving excuse that I’m having fever is a nice one.

“Hyun, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in the class?” Oh damn it--- Wait; this is not really that bad.

“Eo, Se Hun. I’m going home. My fever is getting worse. You tell the teachers for me, okay? Tell Suho about that later, because he will for sure dash towards my house if he knows about that right away. Tell him he doesn’t need to come see me at my house too,” Se Hun was frowning at me as I talked to him. Did I talked too fast?

“What is that mark?” Shoot. I forgot that.

“I fell just now. You know – dizzy,” please believe that.

“Whatever~ Okay then, have a good rest,”

Pheww.

END OF POV

 

SEHUN’S POV

Something was wrong with Joo Hyun when I met her at her locker. She fell? It doesn’t make any sense. And she doesn’t even looks like she was having fever. Oh wait, maybe she does look like she’s having fever, but the thing that she fell and got the mark really doesn’t make any sense. I told the teachers about Joo Hyun and they just nodded, well, they would easily pass that because Hyun is such a good student.

“Se Hun, you said Joo Hyun catch a fever and went home?” I looked up from my phone and locked eyes with Kyung Soo. I hummed a ‘yes’ before looking at my phone again.

“That’s weird. I thought she said she needs to do something,” Okay, what? Something sure is fishy right now. I just listened to what Kyung Soo mumbled before I got my phone inside my pocket and looked at him again.

“Are you sure, Kyung Soo?”

“Yup. Because we were about to go to the café together when she said that,” I shrugged my shoulders and Kyung Soo went back to his seat.

 

“Eo Hyung,” I greeted Suho Hyung as I saw him resting his back on the school gate, waiting for Joo Hyun of course.

“Hmm?”

“Hyun told me to tell you that she’s already at home. She caught a fever. And she said not to come to visit her later, she’s doing fine,” Suho Hyung looked DAMN worried after I said that.

“Really? Is it bad?”

“I don’t think so. But Hyung, I think that’s not the real reason she went home early,” Suho Hyung frowned after hearing what I said.

“What? Why?” Should I tell him? Hyun’s gonna kill me. But, there’s no turning back already. Silly Oh Se Hun. Urghh, I feel like slapping myself already.

“Uhm, well, I saw a red mark on her right cheek when I met her just now. She said she fell and got that mark. But I don’t really believe her, well you know, she’s not that clumsy,” he raised one of his eyebrows after he heard that.

“What do you mean?”

“I think she got into some troubles during recess,”

“WHAT??!!” I shut both my ears with my palms instinctively from the shout. This Hyung is too dramatic.

“Eyy Hyung! Calm down! Anyway, promise me you won’t tell Hyun that I let you know about this. Ne? I’m the only one that saw her like that. Ne Hyung? Or she will kill me in an instant,”

 

Why did I always end up with seeing the things that shouldn’t be seen and ended up begging Suho Hyung like this? Damn my life.

 

“Arasseo Se Hunnie. Thank you,” he patted my shoulder and rushed away. I bet he’s heading towards Hyun’s house right away. Geez, he’s too protective when it comes to Joo Hyun.

END OF POV.

 

Suho went directly towards Joo Hyun’s house after school. Hearing what Se Hun said made him curious and worried at the same time. What happened this time?

“Anneyeonghaseyo,” Suho bowed as he greeted Joo Hyun’s mother at the front door.

“Eo Suho-ah. Where’s Hyunnie?” Joo Hyun’s mother looked behind Suho after she said that, making Suho frowned.

“Eung? Hyunnie’s at home already. She went back earlier, because of fever. She didn’t tell you?” it was her turn to frown after Suho said that.

“Ani, she didn’t. Anyway, come in. You want to see her?” she opened the front door wider for Suho to enter the house. He nodded and headed upstairs, towards Joo Hyun’s room.

 

Knock! Knock!

 

“Come in,” he went in and shut the door behind him.

“Is it bad? Why did you go to school at the first place if you are having fever?” Suho talked to Joo Hyun without looking at her as he was busy placing his backpack on the chair at Joo Hyun’s study table. Joo Hyun got up for lying position and leaned against the bed while following Suho with her gaze.

“Aniya, it’s just a small fever, I’m getting better,” Suho sat down behind Joo Hyun on the bed before he placed his right palm on Joo Hyun’s forehead. I’m lucky that I do have a slight fever today. And that was all thanks to Se Hun for asking me go to the mall with him yesterday.

“Hmm, it’s getting better already. Eo? Hyun, what’s this?” Suho moved his palm from Joo Hyun’s forehead to her right cheek while frowning – seeing a light bruise. Oh damn, does the mark still there? I thought it’s all gone already.

“This? I fell at school, well, I suddenly felt dizzy, so yeah,” she gave a small smile, trying to convince Suho with that excuse.

“Liar,” Joo Hyun raised an eyebrow, hearing what Suho said.

“This is not a mark from falling. How did you get this? Eo? Tell me,” That’s why I don’t want him to come; I can’t lie to this gramps. Sigh.

“Aniya~ it’s nothing big. It’s all settled already,” she took away Suho’s hand from her cheek and put it on her lap while giving slight shook at the latter.

“What’s wrong this time? I thought this kind of things don’t happen anymore. Did you get slapped?”

“She’s just being envious of me and Se Hun about yesterday and about some more other things. It’s okay, it’s all settled already. Don’t worry, hmm? She just slapped me once, well, it was unexpected and I failed to avoid that. But I avoided the second and the third one,” yaa Song Joo Hyun, you are being to hone---

“She’s trying to slap you thrice?! Tell me who it is,” Suho had this serious look on his face after he spat those word. He already promised himself to not let others hurt Joo Hyun. He’s got enough of Joo Hyun crying and it hurts him to see that.  Joo Hyun is his precious little sister, so that why he’s very protective towards her, especially after what happened in China.

 


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Anneyeong dearest readers and subscribers. I miss you T.T

Anyway, I'll be having holiday for four months! Yehet! I hope you'll enjoy the long update :) Zillions of thanks for staying and patiently wait for my update even though I know I'm not a good writer. I love you all ❤