Review: yifanator

♦ Memories | Somnium Review Shop Archive
 
 
 
 
REVIEW
 


SCRIPTED
- by yifanator

reviewer: BFInspirit20

 + REVIEW                                                                                                                                                               

 TITLE 5/5: Not only is the title short and easy to remember, it connects very well with the story with its juxtaposed meaning: How through fame and the people you work with, you have to follow a script of emotions and skin ship for fans, but for Baekhyun, the feelings he has for Chanyeol are far from fake.

FOREWORD + DESCRIPTION 9/10: At first, I felt like you put too much information in the foreword, but when I read it again, I realized that it was perfect. You presented Baekhyun's history in a very simple yet very realistic way, showing his brief life as a trainee, meeting Jongin and Chen and joining Exo, up until his current feelings about his "partner" Chanyeol.

♥ STYLE + DESIGN 4/5The font size is a very good size, very easy to read. The poster is good as well, although I was expecting the poster to have an example of paper or a script to make it connect more to the plot and look of the story.

♥ PLOT 28/30Byun Baekhyun is in love with his bandmate Chanyeol, even though Chanyeol doesn't feel the same way because he tells Baekhyun that he isn't gay, nor will he ever be. Along with the struggles of being in the famous group Exo, Baekhyun has to overcome his one-sided love but finds it hard to deal with when he finds out Chanyeol has a girlfriend.

This plot line should be very clique, but with the way you write and Baekhyun's entrancing point of view and the endless questions, it's like watching a drama unfold. I was very close to bringing out a bag of popcorn and a soda reading this, it is that good.

The story isn't finished yet  so I can't judge it fully, but from what I've read, this story is far from an average angst romance and I love it.

♥ CHARACTERIZATION 15/15: I like this story as much as I do because of the characters themselves. You make sure to incorporate the feelings of each charter that is being written about and their true emotions with simple things: with their dialouge, expressions and even the few words they say aloud or to themselves. I love Baekhyun's point of view the most, his emotions and feelings seem so real. Most stories will make k-pop groups seem perfect with little inner conflict, but with the way you write, I really thought about the idols now and how they feel in everyday life with their fame. You brought out some real feels in me with this story.

We still have to know what Chanyeol is thinking, especially with his mixed emotions in the fourth chapter, but I am really looking foreword to see what comes next!

♥ GRAMMAR + SPELLING 18/20: Your writing is good overall with the exception of some error in tenses here and there. (Ex: "Theses" instead of these" etc.) Just read over what you wrote and you'll be all set

 FLOW 9/10:  I can't base the story as a whole since it's incomplete, but based on what you have written, this story is progressing very well in my opinion.

♥ OVERALL ENJOYMENT 4/5: I'm not a huge fan of Exo stories, but I really like this one! I love the character development in Baekhyun, along with Jongin, Luhan, and the little sneak peaks of Chen and Kris's characters along the way. I really got into this story while reading it, thinking about what would happen next between Baekhyun and Chanyeol, especially after the scene with Chanyeol in the dressing room. (I got even more into the story when Heo Youngsaeng's Crying began to play on my laptop).

Overall, this story has a huge load of potential, with the relationships as well as the mystery behind most if not all of the members of Exo. If anything, I took a point off because it's still so early in the story, but this story is really hard to put down once I started reading. Well done, you've turned me into a fan of your story :)



♥ OVERALL SCORE 92/100

 

a/n: Wow, a 92! You really deserve it! You have a very unique and very detailed way of writing that captures a reader's interest from the first sentence to the last. I like this story so much, I will subscribe to it personally so I can see what happens next. Hopefully Jongin or Suho will knock some sense into Baekhyun so he can get over Chanyeol, if Chanyeol doesn't realize his inner feelings first. (^o~)

Thank you for requesting at our shop! Your original reviewer DobuOnew wasn't able to do your request, so I hope you don't mind me doing it. So, thank you for requesting at our shop, I hope that I was able to help you with your writing. Thanks again, and hopefully we'll see you here again soon! Take care sweetie :)

 





 + REMINDER                                  


01. Don't forget to comment after picking up the review
02. Also follow at the rules of somnium review shop
03. Do comeback again ;)

layout by xxesmeeee - ramyunsoup