Review: flamzfox

♦ Memories | Somnium Review Shop Archive

 

Review:

Humanity's Code

Author: flamzfox

Reviwer: BFInspirit20

♥ TITLE: 4/5

At first glance, I had no idea what to make of this title. But as soon as I read the description and finished the story, I realized that it was the main concept of the story and I loved the theme. Simple, original and sticks to the plot, I love it.

♥ FOREWORD + DESCRIPTION  9/10

As soon as I read the foreword and description, I was instantly hooked. I love how you made the foreword very general and brief, while the description got more into detail. You didn't reveal too much of the plot, only the basics, just enough to hook someone in. I wanted to know what was causing Kris to think the things he did and what Yixing had to do with it. Very well done, especially through emotion and imagery.
 

♥ STYLE + DESIGN  4/5

I loved the way you showed Yixing's memories through larger font type and how you bounced back from his and Kris' point of views, it kept me on my toes. I docked a point because of the poster: It's a very beautiful poster, perfect for the story, but it would have been perfect if Suho was placed on it as well. Either way, I loved the way the story was presented appearence wise, even the grey background was perfect.
 

♥ PLOT  30/30

Wow, this story was amazing and very original! I was sad, angry, as well as happy all throughout the story as I watched all three characters struggle in love and in fear of their society. I wanted nothing more than to protect all of the characters when they had to choose between life or death because of the Fatal Bet. And the unexpected ending caught me completely off guard: I had no idea who would die and when I found out, it was sad but very well done. A beautifully crafted story, no questions asked.
 

♥ CHARACTERIZATION  12/15

I loved all of the characters, especially Kris and Yixing. I could almost feel how terrified he was when his time of 'death' was apporaching him day by day and how scared Yixing was when he foundd out that he wasnn't human. The reason I docked points was because I wish that the relationship between the two of them was drawn out more so we could see their romance blossom more realistically. And as for Suho, I wanted to see more of his side of the story, how he suffered without Yixing for 3 years and what he was doing during that time.
 

♥ GRAMMAR + SPELLING 19/20

I loved your choice of vocabulary. Your writing style is very rare to see because it is so rich and fitting to the theme and tone of the story. I didn't see any mistakes in speelling, only a few mistakes in punctuation as I read your story, but nothing too major. Just make sure to place the commas in the right place. 
 

♥ FLOW  8/10

I know that the story was supposed to end in three weeks, after Kris pretended to be Yixing's lover, but if felt like the plot line was rushed just a little bit. I wasnted to sit down and enjoy the happy moments they shared together, for just a little longer. And when the story suddenly shifted to 3 years later at the end, I thought that Kris was having a flashback when he saw Suho, but you then fixed confusion by explaining what exactly happened. Overall, the flow was very well done, I enjoyed it.
 

♥ OVERALL ENJOYMENT  5/5

I loved this story from beginning to end! I have never read a scifi fanfic before and I usually don't like stories that take place in tje future, but yours was amazing. The characters, plotline and ending are unforgettable and I am very happy that I was able to read it and review it. Very well done!

 

♥ OVERALL SCORE:  91/100

a/n: Wow, because you scored higher than a 90, you are eligable to have this story featured in the featured story corner! I will make sure to spread the word about this fantastic story, you did very well! I hope that you enjoyed my review and that I helped you in some way as a result! Thank you so much for requesting and make sure to stop by again real soon! :D

 

layout coded by DobuOnew