Review: Mainoples

♦ Memories | Somnium Review Shop Archive

 

Review:

Study Boyfriend

Author: Mainolpes

Reviwer: BFInspirit20

♥ TITLE  4/5

I like how original it sounds, but for some odd reason it doesn't sound right. Maybe My Study Boyfriend? Other than that, it's short and very unique.

♥ FOREWORD + DESCRIPTION  9/10

Very interesting. It doesn't give away what happens, your word choice shows that it will be a very entertaining and humorus story. I took off a point because the foreword was simply a warning, dont worry though, its not a bad thing!

♥ STYLE + DESIGN  5/5

I love the poster, it is so cute! I also like the font you used: its easy to read, and the way you spaced out your paragraphs, it makes it very easy to tell who is who. Good job!

 ♥ PLOT  25/30

Now, I really like this story: it's funny, serious, and I love all of the characters. However, the story doesn't match the description, since we rarely see Woohyun unless it's an important scene. Plus, the story really isn't focused on Sujin's schoolwork and personality, it's about her relationships with her family and friends as a result of moving to South Korea with her brother. I honestly like the way the story is panning out, even though the description is different.

♥ CHARACTERIZATION  15/15

Like I said before, I LOVE all the characters! I love how each of them have a past that slowly becomes revealed, especially Eun-See. May I say that I absolutely HATE Sujin's stepmother and Joon? Grrr, they make me so angry! Sungjong is currently my favorite, but I love the "innocent" moments with Youngjae, Zelo and Jongup. You put two of my favorite kpop groups into one story and made them all amazing and real, so full points from me!

♥ GRAMMAR + SPELLING  16/20

Your spelling is good overall, but there are a few misspelled words and misplaced names here and there. A trick that helps me edit is, after you write a sentence, read it out loud to yourself, it helps you check for any misspelled words or misplaced names.

♥ FLOW  9/10

The story timeline seems to be going smoothly, time is going well where it's not too fast and not too slow. Make sure to go back and check the time frames just in case, it makes the relationships vary depending on the amount of time passed between each encounter.

♥ OVERALL ENJOYMENT  5/5

LOVING it so far! I want toknow what happens with Sujin and Joon and whether or not she's going to leave him! Plus I want to see more moments with Woohyun and more with Sungjong! ....Ahem, sorry, inner fangirl coming out xD

 

♥ OVERALL SCORE:  88/100

A/N: Because you did not receive a 90, your story cannot be featured in the featured story corner. However, your story is an awesome story, it just needs a bit of grammar revision! Go back and edit what you've already written, or hire someone to do it for you, because believe it or not, going back and proofreading can help you decide what to write for future chapters. Because I personally enjoyed this story, I will stay subscribed to it so I can see what happens next! Thank you so much for requesting, I really hope that I was able to be of help even though DobuOnew didn't do the review like planned. I hope you enjoyed my review and I hope to see you stop by again real soon! Take care, and thanks again! :D

 

 

layout coded by DobuOnew