Review: littlemisshappyify

♦ Memories | Somnium Review Shop Archive

Pick Up

 

 

 

Imposter

Author: littlemisshappyify 

Reviewer: BFInspirit20

 

Title: 3/5

Short, sweet and simple. Throughout the story, it is presumed that the reason the story is called Imposter is because Chae Won has amnesia and her memory loss has made her into someone different than her promiscuous self. But, according to the foreword, apparently she has stolen the identity of someone else. It must be the woman who is always calling  Dr. Song, but the character itself hasn't been revealed yet.
So I will give this 3/5, because it is simple to remember and not commonly used, but so far in the story, it has not connected to the plot line.

 

Foreword + Description: 7/10

Very good description, but I feel as though you gave away too much. It's good that you tell about the engagement and Chae Won's amnesia after waking up from the hospital. But, the part about her identity being fake is a good part to add, but within the 30 chapters that have been written, the idea hasn't been discussed yet.

I personally think that the description should be a bit more general for this section, but then again it wouldn't look right without the amount of information that you put in. So, don't worry about this section too much.

 

Style + Design: 4/5

The font size is good, very easy to read, but there are some changes in it here and there throughout the story. The poster is very good, shows the former and post-amnesia Chae Won, as well as Shi Hoo, and the colors are very good for the dark meaning within the story. Well done.

 

Plot: 28/30

Wow, this story has kept me on my totes. The beginning part drags a bit slowly when Chae Won wakes up and has no recollection of who she is. But as the story progresses and Chae Won meets her fiancé Shi Hoo, we get to see how Chae used to be before her amnesia: that she was always known for her scandals with other men and  Also, as the two learn about each other, Shi Hoo as well as the other characters, wonder if she truly has amnesia or is simply messing with the minds of everyone for fun.

I like how the story is not stagnant: you play around with your characters, making them second-guess each other and their actions, as well as taking the time to go into detail about their personalities and emotions. Let's not forget about the strange relationship between Chae and Shi Hoo: Chapter 30, when it was actually Shi Hoo, not Minho, behind the mask? I almost died, wow, you always keep your readers on edge, and that is the best things  writer can do.

Very well done, I can't wait to read more!

 

Characterization: 15/15

Your characters are perfect: adults struggling to cope with their emotions, as well as dealing with their parents, the paparazzi and money situations. I really feel the strain behind Chae Won's engagement to Shi Hoo, how she hates him (although she second-guesses herself, like most characters should), and would do anything to break off the engagement.

You give your characters enough dialogue and feelings thorough each chapter to crate more and more pieces to the story, creating a cast that is truly unforgettable. The love-hate relationship, that is more sad than comical in other stories, is truly heart-breaking and leaves readers cheering for SH and CW to end up together.

Very well done, don't change a thing with your characters!

 

Grammar + Spelling: 12/20

This is the section where you loose some points.  Throughout the story, and in each chapter, there are errors in tenses: Remember that the story (I assume) is being told in past tense, so make sure to write "She said", or "She walked... ran up...", etc.
There were errors in certain words as well. Use spell-check during, and after writing so you can catch any mistakes. A trick I use to edit my work is, after I write, going back and re-reading the passage/chapter out loud. It does take time, but in ensures that you're grammar and spelling are accurate.

 

Flow: 10/10

The story is progressing well, the story is not moving too fast or too slow. No problems here!

 

Overall Enjoyment: 4/5

A little rough at first, but now I love this story! I can't wait to read more!

 

Overall Score: 83/100

A/N: Although you didn't get a 90, and your story cannot be placed in the featured story corner, this story has actually become one of my personal favorites to read. The characters and plot are awesome, and you give the readers just enough to keep them guessing and wanting for more!
Remember: watch your tenses, watch out for spelling errors and mistakes in grammar, and just let the story flow!
Thank you for requesting for a review, I'm sorry that it's so late. Thank you for letting me be your reviewer, and hopefully we'll see you here again real soon! Take care sweetie :D

 

 

Reminder!

 Don't forget to comment after you pick up the review;

 Also follow all the rules of Somnium Review Shop;

 Do come back again :)