Review: GreenGardenPop

♦ Memories | Somnium Review Shop Archive

 

Review:

The Melancholy Sound of the Guitar

Author: GreenGardenPop

Reviwer: DobuOnew

♥ TITLE: 3.5/5

Well the title could’ve been better. The way it’s structured doesn’t get people’s attention. If it was for example, “The Guitar’s Melancholy Sound”, not only gets shorter but it also becomes more “powerful” in a way. However it matches the story well.

♥ FOREWORD + DESCRIPTION  9/10

I like how you kept it short and simple, but maybe you made it too simple. If you added anything else maybe it could be more captivating. The poem matches well with the whole story and it’s beautifully written.
 

♥ STYLE + DESIGN  4.5/5

The font is at a good size and the color is also good as it doesn’t hurt the reader’s eyes. The poster is relatively good. I like the fact that is an animated poster however it doesn’t really attract me. Respectively to the background, I think it fits as it’s a guitar image.
 

♥ PLOT  27/30

The plot, for me, was quite original. I haven’t read a story like this before. I liked how you made them meet. I found it unique yet odd how Myungsoo seemed a gentle and caring guy and suddenly turned into a nearly “psychopath” but again, as I suppose you haven’t finished your story I think he must have a reason for being like that. If so, it becomes more mysterious to read. The idea of her being fragile at the beginning and with the break up becoming strong is quite cliché, but we all know that it happens, though I’m not aware of what’s more frequent: the girl getting strong with the break up or staying a mess and not able to recover. I also enjoyed the lyrics in between the chapters.
 

♥ CHARACTERIZATION  13/15

In those three chapters I was able to collect many aspects about the characters. As you wrote in the foreword that the characters were Park Jiyeon, Kim Myungsoo and Lee Byunghun I suppose that you haven’t finished your story yet, as Lee Byunghun hasn’t appeared. With that I can’t give a full mark as I don’t know anything about the third character. About the others, you did a great job in the characterization.
 

♥ GRAMMAR + SPELLING 19 /20

I really enjoyed your writing: detailed and very specific. It was clear and the readers could understand the meaning of the phrases and such. I hardly found any spelling mistakes. Only spotted some commas that weren’t supposed to be there, but aside from that I think it’s all good. The fact that you said that English is not your first language and that you’re not fluent really got me surprised after I read the story. Your English is really good for a non-native. With your writing I was able to feel the female lead’s sad feelings. It transmitted the emotions very well.
 

♥ FLOW  8/10

I personally think it was at a good pace.
 

♥ OVERALL ENJOYMENT  5/5

I really enjoyed reading and reviewing this story. The writing was so good that I was able to feel the emotions and imagine the scenes in my head. Stories which have a very good writing really do attract me regardless the plot and the characterization, although I do look at the plot and the character’s personality too.
 

 

♥ OVERALL SCORE:  89/100

a/n: Dang it, one more point and you would have 90 which meant entering to the featured story corner. Don't worry, you still got a good story. Keep up with the great work! I hope you liked my review and that I was able to help you with it. Thank you for requesting here! We appreciate it a lot. :) 

 

 

layout coded by DobuOnew