Review: Angel110

♦ Memories | Somnium Review Shop Archive
 
 
 
 
REVIEW
 


PRISON OF LOVE & PAIN
- by Angel110

reviewer: BFInspirit20

 + REVIEW                                                                                                                                                               

 TITLE 5/5: Very interesting title. It connects very well to the story, fitting perfectly into the prison idea of the story, as well as a glimpse of what will happen to the people in the prison. The title is kind of long, but catches the eye at first glance.

FOREWORD + DESCRIPTION 10/10: I like how you gave a brief description of the story without giving too much away, but I mostly liked the mini-bios of the three leads: It really made me interested to learn about each character individually, despite the severity of their crimes (excluding Sungmin). Well done.

STYLE + DESIGN 3/5The font is a good size, very easy to read without hurting the reader's eyes, and the poster is good as well. The only complaint I have to say is the formatting of the paragraphs.
Always remember: For every new person/character that speaks, make a new paragraph. Not doing so makes it very confusing to know who's talking in the dialouge. Other than that, well done.

PLOT 20/30We have Donghae and Eunhyuk, who are both placed in prison after being caught for their crimes, and meet. Along with them, we have Sungmin, the handsome doctor who takes care of the prisoners and sees them as people, not inmates. It all changes as Eunhyuk "spends time" with both Sungmin and Donghae, and begins to develop feelings for both.
I can tell that this is supposed to be a love story, but things seemed very simple in the beginning of the story and are somewhat complicated as of chapter 6. Donghae becomes pregnant from Eunhyuk, and has to decide whether or not to keep the baby, while Eunhyuk is trying to figure out his feelings for Sungmin and Donghae while trying to avoid being killed by the other inmates. The plot seems somewhat messy, and yet is adds more detail and more drama than the basic and vague plot from the foreword.
I honestly have no idea what's going to happen next, but I can tell that whatever you have planned, it's going to be very unexpected and I can't wait.

CHARACTERIZATION 14/15: Loving the characters: They all seem so real, I really feel like I'm watching an episode of Criminal Minds, or a Korean version of Shawshank Redemption. I really want to learn more about our two killers, mostly Donghae, so we can see what happened to him before he got captured. I love all of them, and I really love their sadistic side, it seems so real. Very well done.

GRAMMAR + SPELLING 18/20: Your grammar and spelling are very good, except for a two things. Make sure to separate your paragraphs so they aren't so bunched together, and remember that the punctuation mark goes after the quote. (Ex: "He said what"?). Good job for this section.

FLOW 6/10: This story started off very smooth, as you gave each character their own personality while giving them a chance to develop. Now, the story seems kind of rushed, especially with Donghae's character. Remember to let the story take it's time, and give the characters more time to express their thoughts, that way the story doesn't seem rushed.

♥ OVERALL ENJOYMENT 3/5: I really like this story, I haven't read a story with such real characters in a really long time. I love the idea, but the story seems to be progressing too quickly, while some questions regarding the characters have been unanswered. This story isn't done yet, so there are  a lot of loose ends that won't be tied up for awhile, so this is what I give the story as of chapter 6.

♥ OVERALL SCORE 79/100

 

a/n: I am really enjoying this story, and I really want to see how you continue it. You have a very good writing style, the way you create your characters really creates that term "never judge a book by it's cover" for the story. Very well done.
Thank you for requesting and allowing me to be your reviewer! I hope that my review will be of use to you and your writing, and I hope to see you here again soon! Take care!






 + REMINDER                                  


01. Don't forget to comment after picking up the review
02. Also follow at the rules of somnium review shop
03. Do comeback again ;)

layout by xxesmeeee - ramyunsoup