Review: NanazDaira

♦ Memories | Somnium Review Shop Archive
 
 
 
 
REVIEW
 


7 HEARTS, 7 STORIES, 1 SECRET
- by NanazDaira

reviewer: BFInspirit20

 + REVIEW                                                                                                                                                               

 TITLE 4/5: This title fits the theme of this story pretty well overall. There are 7 hearts (the 7 members of Infinite), the 7 stories (the pasts they shared along with the seven girls in the story) but we don't really know what the secret is. Is it that they all had first loves that they could never get over? Is it  that the girls and boys all fell in love with each other throughout the story? Or is it that they've been trying to hide their relationships because of Sera? We really don't know what that "Secret" is, but the story filled the other parts of the title.

FOREWORD + DESCRIPTION 7/10: The foreword was a bit lengthy, but I really loved it. I like how you described each character using one of Infinite's title songs, as well as the lyrics, it was really unique and interesting. The description really came into play later in the story: You put so much information in the description, it was a bit overwhelming to learn about 14 characters and figure out their back stories without the description as a guide. I would suggest taking a bit of the details out, but the story wouldn't be the same without it.

STYLE + DESIGN 5/5The font is a good size, and the paragraph format makes it very easy to read. The poster is very eye catching with the bright colors and the display of all 7 members of Infinite. Good job!

PLOT 25/30Like the title states, we are dealing with 7 stories between 14 people, and how they learn about one another through love and hardship. The story is quite long, but in that frame, you didn't waste any chapters. You really made sure that each character was going through something with their partner, weather it was a date to bring them closer, or an argument to push them apart, you really made the story one to never forget. I took some points off for  lags in plot here and there, but this story was very good with the way you made the story come to life through your characters. Plus, the story had a complete, and very happy, ending. Well done.

CHARACTERIZATION 15/15: As I said in the Plot section, you really brought the characters alive through your characters. In the beginning, it was really hard to tell which girl was who  and what their profession was, but I slowly learned as I read and I just fell in love with all of them. You really captured Infinite's personalities, as well as the girls' personalities (especially that crazy Sera, ugh, she made me angry the entire time, next to L). I felt like I was experiencing everything with them, and I didn't want the story to end when it was over. Awesome job, I won't ever forget the cast.

GRAMMAR + SPELLING 12/20: There were constant errors in grammar in this story, along with some spelling mistakes as well, but I'll walk through them.
The main thing in your grammar is the tenses: this story is in past tense, so verbs should have "-ed" at the end, instead of present tense. (Ex: "Can't" should be "Couldn't").
Also, you spelled words wrong (Ex: "Carrier", instead of "Career"). Make sure to use spell check, it really helps with editing.
Finally, punctuation marks have to be placed after the quotes. (Ex: "That's what he told me...". He said)
Other than that, your writing has a lot of description, and was really fun to read.


FLOW 9/10: The passage of time went by really fast in this story, from one week to two weeks later, but there were so many characters, I really wasn't paying attention to the time. The story is quite long, so usually the story has trouble with it's progression, but you kept it at a steady pace with very few lapses. Good job.

♥ OVERALL ENJOYMENT 5/5: I was a bit hesitant to read this story because of it's length, but as I started to read it, I ended up loving it. I really enjoyed it!

♥ OVERALL SCORE 82/100 

 

a/n: Not a bad score! This story took the biggest hit in grammar and spelling, so don't be afraid to go back and check the errors, it will really improve your writing! This story had such amazingly realistic characters, it all felt so real, you did an awesome job by not rushing them and letting their personalities come alive. I really loved this story and how it ended. Well done!
Thank you for letting me be your reviewer, I hope that I didn't make you wait to long for your review! I really had fun reading this, I hope that I was able to help you with your work, and hopefully we'll see you here again real soon! Take care! :)






 + REMINDER                                  


01. Don't forget to comment after picking up the review
02. Also follow at the rules of somnium review shop
03. Do comeback again ;)

layout by xxesmeeee - ramyunsoup