Review: CupieCakesx3

♦ Memories | Somnium Review Shop Archive

 

Review:

Doll House

Author: CupieCakesx3

Reviwer: BFInspirit20

♥ TITLE  4/5

Short, sweet and creepy all at the same time.

♥ FOREWORD + DESCRIPTION  9/10

I liked the statement and question in the foreword, it made me wonder what was going to happen in the story. And when I read the description, I kid you not, my blood froze. I was suddenly scared for the main character, the poor little girl, who would soon face the horror of being a doll. Very unique and very fitting to the theme of the story. 

 

♥ STYLE + DESIGN  4/5

I really liked the dark vibe of the poster, it reminds me of a horror movie poster. I only took off a pint because Jimin looks kind of strange in gym attire next to a classy girl. Other than that, I love the way it looks. Also, the size of the font you used is perfect for the story. 
 

♥ PLOT  26/30

Woah, such a chilling story so far! I liked the way you started the story off with prologues to get plot going, starting with Eunmi first being taken into the house to when her "father" dies, leading into a whole new plot line. The story truly chills my blood, wanting nothing more than to save the innocent girl from her fate before it's too late. I docked points because once the three years has gone by, I'm not sure how the story can continue, especially because Eunmi is now married to Jimin and she has no way to escape. I wonder what will happen next, if she'll be able to escape, or live in her dark hell forever.

♥ CHARACTERIZATION  13/15

Like father like son, I loved how you turned Jimin into an exact replica of his sadistic father. The quotes "you could wonder if he was trying so far", though repetitious, show a glimpse of the character's inner feelings that cannot be shown through Eunmi's point of view. I truly feel bad for Eunmi, and I feel for her anger and resentment towards her innocence being take away and the man who took it from her. I wonder more and more about Jimin's character, and just like he says, if he really is a monster like his father, or is there still a part of his old self that will put a stop to his madness.
 

♥ GRAMMAR + SPELLING  20/20

Your writing style is very unique and capturing, something very rare to see here on AFF. It's rich and addicting, the writing sleek and fluid, making the reader want to read more. I feel like I'm reading a real chapter book when reading your work, and I just don't want to put it down! You grab a hold of the reader's attention in a way that is just so amazing, you're a very good writer! Great job!

 

♥ FLOW  9/10

Although I wanted to see what happened between Jimin and Eunmi during those 3 years, the photos Eunmi sees in her room filled the gap. Other than that, the story is progressing well.

♥ OVERALL ENJOYMENT  4/5

I'm curious to see what happens next, I want to see if Eunmi is able to escape the house! The story is good so far, keep up the good work! 

 

♥ OVERALL SCORE:  89/100

A/N: So close, but because you did not receive a 90, your story is unable to be featured in the featured story corner. However, your story is amazing and beautifully written! I will stay subscribed to your story because I truly want to see what happens next! Thank you so much for requesting, I hope that my review was helpful to you and your writing, and hopefully we'll see you here again real soon! Take care! :D

 

 

layout coded by DobuOnew