Review: Nicataeny9

♦ Memories | Somnium Review Shop Archive

 

Review:

Dark Ties

Author: Nicataeny9

Reviwer: BFInspirt20

♥ TITLE  4/5

Short and sweet. It doesn't give away the story in any way, and it's easy to remember. Not very unique, but awesome nonetheless. Loved it!

♥ FOREWORD + DESCRIPTION  9/10

I like how you don't give away too much of the plot. There's just enough information to make the reader interested in what will happen to the two girls, as well as the reasons behind their dark past. I only took off a point because of the brown color for the foreword, the brown takes away from the dark feel of the story, and don't forget, the description is the first thing the reader sees. Good job overall!

 

♥ STYLE + DESIGN  4/5

I really liked the poster: dark and mysterious, just like the title. I took off a point because there shouldn't have been a comma between the be and Unbreakable. also, I like your writing style, but writing the story in bold makes it a little hard to read. Other than that, you're golden.
 

♥ PLOT  23/30

So far, the story doesn't really have a visible plot. The reader is just learning about Taeyeon's dark past (very interesting if I may say), and Tiffany's hazy and brutal home life. We can see that they are slowly growing feelings for one another, both revealing little things about themselves that brings them closer together: that they aren't alone and broken. But so far, I see nothing big happening, except for possibly Taeyeon's father possible coming into the picture, as well as Tiffany's mother not allowing the two girls to be friends. Either way, I'm interested to see what happens next, you have me as well as many others hooked in with the beauty of this story.

♥ CHARACTERIZATION  15/15

Yes, perfect marks for this category! Both girls are broken and dark form their horrible pasts, both reluctant to show themselves to the world, a key thing that you did very well. I really feel for Tiffany, the abuse she goes through and the self-harm she does, it really is hard to believe that such a  beautiful and happy girl could be in so much pain. Same for Taeyeon, but she keeps her emotions in check, and she really does fit the cold type of character, especially with her past. I want to see their relationship develop, but I love the way you draw it out, it adds more effect to the story.
 

♥ GRAMMAR + SPELLING  16/20

I noticed some mistakes throughout the chapters, just make sure to watch for missing words and punctuation. Also, sometimes it gets confusing when you simply write "she" because since there are two girls, it's hard to tell which one you're talking about, so make sure to specify. Everything else is fine.

 

♥ FLOW  10/10

The story is going at a very good pace, good work!

♥ OVERALL ENJOYMENT  4/5

The story isn't done yet, so I'm anxious to see what happens next! The story is very good, so make sure to update soon so I can enjoy it more!

 

♥ OVERALL SCORE:  85/100

A/N: Since your story did not receive a 90, your story cannot be featured for the featured story corner. But don't worry, your story is awesome! I'm going to stay subscribed to it because I really want to see what happens next! Thank you so much for requesting, I hope that my review was able to help your writing, and hopefully we'll see you here real soon! Take care! :D

 

 

layout coded by DobuOnew