Review: Ambizzbo

♦ Memories | Somnium Review Shop Archive
 
 
 
 
REVIEW
 


NIGHTFALL
- by Ambizzbo

reviewer: BFInspirit20

 + REVIEW                                                                                                                                                               

 TITLE 4/5: I've seen this title used quiet a few times, but in regards to its connection with the story, it fits pretty well. The 'Night' part reflects the dark tone of the story, and the 'Fall' portion goes along with the Fallen Angel theme. Although the story was short, it went along with the title pretty well.
 

FOREWORD + DESCRIPTION 9/10: Wow, the foreword is a small clip from that not only shows your writing style, but also a glimpse into the plot. You made sure that the small description didn't give too much away and wrote just enough to grab the reader's interest. I read it and was instantly curious as to what would happen. Just make sure to look over your punctuation in both parts.


♥ STYLE + DESIGN 5/5The font is the perfect size, not too little or too big, and the poster is fits the story well. No problems here.


♥ PLOT 18/30Let me start off by saying that I am in love with the 'Hush, Hush' saga, and I love the fallen angel concept. This one-shot was beautifully written, and although I had to go back and re-read it to fully comprehend what was going on, I felt like it should have been longer. The forbidden-love plot line has a lot of nooks and crannys that have to be brought to light in order to fully convey the emotion and overall feel of the story. This story was too short for me to appreciate it in its full glory and judge the story properly.


♥ CHARACTERIZATION 10/15: Although this is a one-shot, I really felt the forbidden love tone of the story, and the desperation/angst between Yunho and Jaejoong. We see how willingly Jaejoong was to give up his wings for his love, but only ended up becoming hopeless in going against the angels as a result. Yunho wants to fight for them and is willing to defy the Father in order to be with his lover. Because the story is complete, we really don't see how things pan out, but Jaejoong and Yunho's relationship was one of sadness and sacrifice.


♥ GRAMMAR + SPELLING 15/20: Other than a few grammatical errors here and there, this story was beautifully written. Your style of writing was entrancing, I couldn't stop reading once I started. Just make sure to read your words out loud to correct any mistakes in grammar, since I was confused with your writing here and there so I had to re-read each paragraph a few times over.


 FLOW 5/10: For a one-shot this story was beautifully written with a bit of hastiness in the plot in the beginning scene. The story should have been longer than one chapter to fully judge how it progressed as a whole. The story just ended, halting the emotion and steadiness of the writing.



♥ OVERALL ENJOYMENT 4/5: Hands down, I loved this story. It was heart-breaking, I truly felt for the characters and the possible ray of light at the end had me hooked. This story needs to be longer though, the way it ended really brought the story's credibility down and made it seem rushed overall.

 



♥ OVERALL SCORE 70/100

 

a/n: Not too bad of a score. I rarely ever see this concept/theme used in fanfictions nowadays and this one has a lot of potential. I felt myself getting into the plot and the forbidden romance, and I couldn't help but feel sad when it ended. You really sure consider continuing this story, a genre like this must be explained fully in order to end it.

Thank you so much for requesting a review with us! DobuOnew is taking care of some business outiside of AFF, so I hope you don't mind that I was your reviewer for your story. I hope that I was able to offer you some advice on your writing. Make sure to work hard and hopefully we'll see you again real soon! Take care :)

 





 + REMINDER                                  


01. Don't forget to comment after picking up the review
02. Also follow at the rules of somnium review shop
03. Do comeback again ;)

layout by xxesmeeee - ramyunsoup