Review: serendipity--

♦ Memories | Somnium Review Shop Archive

 

Review:

Forevermore

Author: Serendipity--

Reviwer: BFInspirit20

♥ TITLE  5/5

I love short titles, because they're easy to remember and right to the point. Even though I've seen this title many times, I never get tired of seeing it used, especially in an angst story.

♥ FOREWORD + DESCRIPTION  9/10

I found the description and foreword to be very intriguing. I really liked the quote you used, it really ties into the theme of the story and how a passing person can truly change someone's life, even in an immortal being's case. I took off points because the section for where you wrote story confused me. "But he leaves Chanyeol just as fast as he comes, because the 23rd is his last". When the story is done, this section actually makes sense, but you did a very good job connecting the story back to the description and original plot, so good job!

♥ STYLE + DESIGN  5/5

I really loved the colors and the photos of the boys in the poster. I really like the font you used, clear and easy to read. I almost took off points because the poster says "I Love You Baekhyun Forevermore", but when I finished the story you explained how you simply renamed it Forevermore. Beautiful poster!

 ♥ PLOT  30/30

I'm not joking when I say that this is probably one of the best angst fanfictions I have ever read. The cold and immortal Chanyeol slowly falls for the angelic Baekhyun, but by the time he realizes his feelings, it's already too late. Everything about this story was flawless: how you took the time to show how Chanyeol began to love Baekhyun over time with the simple things they did together, and the tragic ending. The twist at the end was so well done, I was almost in tears. I love how he finished his last letter with "Love Chanyeol", instead of "From Chanyeol". This story was beautifully made, from beginning to end. Amazing job!

♥ CHARACTERIZATION  15/15

Flawless. Chanyeol, who was so cold in the beginning, slowly grew feelings for Baekhyun although he didn't want to. When Baekhyun dies, his feelings of anguish seem to real through your use of metaphors and imagery, that I could almost feel his pain. The transition from how he was in the beginning of the story is amazing, I truly loved how Baekhyun's character melted his cold heart, although his heart was shattered in the end. Well done!

♥ GRAMMAR + SPELLING  18/20

Your choice of vocabulary truly added to the effect of the story: the water washing away the words in the sand, the smell of caramel macchiato in the winter, and the sounds of the birds chirping in the morning when Baekhyun would sing to them. Even when Chanyeol was in pain and the words you used to describe his hurt, I truly felt like I was in the story and I was feeling what he was feeling.

I took off points because of the different fonts and font sizes throughout the story. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but it added a strange emphasis on the words nonetheless. Also, make sure to be careful of your tenses, it can be i present or past, but make sure to keep them consistent so the story makes sense.

♥ FLOW  10/10

This story had something I haven't seen in awhile: the passing seasons. You made time pass in an effortless way, because time passed so quickly for Chanyeol whenever Baekhyun was around, and you made sure to incorporate that in the world around them. I could tell that they loved spending time with each other, and that they wanted all of the good memories to last while they were together, enjoying the simple things that Chanyeol found to be so strange. Beautiful job, I loved every second seeing the different things they would to together, and how time continued to pass for Chanyeol even after Baekhyun's death,

♥ OVERALL ENJOYMENT  5/5

This story was so beautiful, oh my goodness, I didn't want to stop reading! BaekYeol is one of my favorite pairings, and this story was so beautiful and sad, it made my feels go haywire! "Baekhyun has always felt like forever to Chanyeol from the moment they met". So beautiful!!!! I loved how simple and loving their relationship was and the moral to the story: That one passing person can change your life forever. Wonderful job! 

 

♥ OVERALL SCORE:  97/100

A/N: Because you received a 97 (The highest score we've reviewed so far in this shop!), your story can be featured in the featured story corner! This was one of the best angst fanfics I have ever read, and I am very honored to be able to read it and review it. You're writing is so beautiful, I know that this story is going to stay with me for a long time, well done. I hope that my review was helpful to you and your writing, thank you for requesting us, and I cannot wait to read more of your work in the future! Make sure to stop by again, and thanks again sweetie! :D

 

 

layout coded by DobuOnew