Partner

Eternal Tenderness

----------------------------------------------
- Joo Yeon POV -
----------------------------------------------

When the lunch break ended, we headed to the history class. I walked with Junsu to the class and as long we walked there, he kept telling me some jokes. I admitted it was funny jokes, but I couldn't laugh along because I kept thinking about what would happen if I got home. I knew Jaejoong mad at me. Maybe he would ask me to move out from his house again.

"Yah~" Junsu called as he waved his hand in front of my face. I snapped back to reality and forced a weak smile.

"What's wrong with you? Are you okay?" He stopped and observed me.

"Gwenchanayo, Junsu-sshi~" I lied. I just couldn't tell him about me and Jaejoong, that I lived at his house. Jaejoong would get mad even more if I told people about that.

"But you seem to be quieter after that incident." He said carefully.

He had apologized for times to me about we got caught by Jaejoong when we were peeking at him. I told him that it wasn't his fault for leaving me dumbfounded there, but he still felt guilty.

"It's okay, Junsu-sshi." I smiled and patted his shoulder.

"Look, you smiled!" He squealed happily while pointing his index finger at me. I smiled even more.

"Let's go to the class." I inhaled and dragged him along to the class.

"Joo Yeon-ah~" I heard someone called my name when I entered the class with Junsu. I searched for the voice and spotted Eun Sun, Yoochun's girlfriend waving both of her hands in the air, motioned me to come to her.

"Hi~" I sat beside her.

"We're really sorry for leaving you there." She apologized.

I shook my head, telling that it was okay.

"What kind of friends are you. Both of you left her there." Junsu whispered to them. He did it on purpose because he didn't want Jaejoong to hear that.

"Both of us? But you did leave her and hide at another tree, didn't you?" Yoochun asked back.

"Aissh~ but at least I was there when Jaejoong hyung look at her with those cold eyes of his." Junsu then glanced at me then patted my back. "Poor Joo Yeon." He said.

----------------------------------------------
- Jaejoong POV -
----------------------------------------------

I sat at the same spot in my history class and waited for the teacher. Yunho and Eun Mi hadn't come to the class yet. I wonder if they were still at the garden. I was hoping they would come to the class NOW. I always felt jealous when they were together without me.

I kept staring at the classroom's front door and waited for their come, but they didn't come. Meanwhile there were Junsu and Joo Yeon who were talking happily. Eun Sun waved, then Joo Yeon sat beside her and the four of them started to talk in a low voice.

I saw her expression changed and sometime she smiled while talking to them. She acted like she has no problems in her life, but I knew she has. She just didn't want to show it in front of other people. She didn't want them to pity her.. Wait, why did I care about her? It wasn't my business. I dislike her. She came in to my life and she already got my mother's attention. Who the hell she thinks she was?

The teacher came in and carried papers with him. Some students groaned while seeing him with the papers. We were going to have lots of homework today.

"Okay, you can come in." The teacher smiled to Eun Mi and Yunho who were just came in. They were lucky cause Mr. Jang was a nice teacher. He let them in without giving detention.

"Hey, Jae~" she called. I smiled a bit then turned to pay attention to Mr. Jang.

"Anyone know what are these?" He raised the papers and showed it to us. Of course we knew it was papers with homework on it.

"It's assignments, Sir." Junsu replied and pointed to the papers.

"You got it right, Mr. Kim. These papers are filled with some questions."

Some students whined and the class started to become noisy.

"But don't worry; these aren't going to do by you. This is a group assignments you named it. Now I'll choose the partner for you."

He then started to form the group. Each of us got to pair with someone else which has different gender with us. I meant girls with guys. I looked to Eun Mi and hoped I would get choose to pair with her.

"Kim Jaejoong and Park Eun Mi." Mr. Jang announced. I looked at him, didn't believe it. But he nodded. So that means I got to pair with Eun Mi. I was more than happy could be in a group with her.

"Next, Jung Yunho and.. Lee Joo Yeon."

Everyone had their eyes on that girl. She was chosen to be Yunho's partner. I knew they would have thought that she wouldn't last long in a group with Yunho because he was just the same with me. We never talked to other girls as a 'warm' guy. We just have that side when we were with Eun Mi. Everybody known it.

"Sir! Why I should pair with him?" We turned to the person who was speaking. It was Changmin. He protested because he got to pair with Junsu. Yeah, everyone got their opposite gender's partner, but he didn't. He has to deal with the noisy Junsu.

"Yeah, Sir. Why-" before Junsu continued, Mr. Jang cut them off.

"Aren't the both of you are best friend?" He asked.

They nodded.

"But-"

"Then it's solved. Now, I'll give you the papers. Please move and sit with your partners." He ordered. Everyone did as they told, including me. I got up from my seat and walked to Eun Mi's, but I could see disappoint look in her face. She looked unhappy.

"Hey, we're partner." I said, trying to cheer her mood up, but she sighed and didn't care about my presence beside her.

"Miss Lee, why don't you have a seat?" Mr. Jang asked. I turned back and saw Joo Yeon still standing beside Yunho's desk. She gulped and sat down uncomfortably.

"I'll give you the task now. All you have to do is discuss the answers with your partner. If you're done, just write the answers on the paper." He explained.

----------------------------------------------
- Joo Yeon POV -
----------------------------------------------

I couldn't believe it! How could the teacher pair me with Jung Yunho? Omo~ he was one of the coldest guys in this university. I don't think I could talk to him if he kept sending those stares that could make me numb even just in a second.

"So, what's your opinion about the question?" he asked.

I turned to the side immediately when I heard him spoke. Did he just spoke to me? I asked myself. This was the first time he talked to me. I blinked several times, still couldn't believe it.

"Hey, can you hear me?" He waved in front of my face. My cheek flushed red, embarrassed because of my own stupidity.

"N-Nae~" I stuttered.

"Why are you stuttering?"

He shot me right at the point. What should I say now? I couldn't say that I was scared of him, could I?

"Mr. Jung, please just DISCUSS it with your partner, NOT INTIMIDATING her." The teacher walked to us and reminded him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it." He apologized and turned back to the paper as the teacher walked to another group.

"I.. Uhm.. I think the question is in the page..." I opened the history book and searching for the page. "It's in page 59." I told him and quickly showed the page.

He nodded and wrote down the answer in the paper quietly. I glanced at him and he just wrote as if nothing happened. Yeah, of course nothing happened. That was my fault for being scared to him.

"What about this?" He pointed the pen at the second question. I took a look at it and think. Why the teacher did give us such hard questions? I didn't think I could answer this one.

"I don't know the answer." I blurted honestly. He chuckled and shook his head.

Wait, what happened just now? Did I see him chuckle?

"I know the answer." He used the tip of his pen to flick my forehead before writing down the answer. What did he use that for? And he said that he knew the answer? I couldn't believe this guy. He asked me while he already knew the answer? What kind of man he was?

"Stop staring at me. I don't like it." He laughed a bit, made me blushed even more.

Without we realized, the time has running out and it was time to go home. But we hadn't finished the assignments yet. There were too much questions to answer.

"Class, I know all of the groups haven't finished the questions. I'll give you a week to collect it to me so that you can discuss it with your partner at free time." The teacher informed.

"See you guys next week." After that he walked out leaving the class.

I was about to ask Yunho about the homework, but he already packed his things to his bag and waited for Eun Mi at her seat. I guessed I would just ask him next time.

"Joo Yeon-ah~ would you come with us?" Eun Sun came to me along with Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin.

I was about to answer yes, but then I felt Jaejoong's cold stare on me, made me gulped a ball of saliva and shook my head immediately.

"Sorry, but I should go home now." Their face fell when they heard me.

"But maybe next time I will come with you." I added and their moods lighten up a bit.

"See you tomorrow~" Eun Sun waved. I nodded and slung my backpack on my arms.

"Bye~" I walked out and passed the long corridors before I got to the main gate.

I guessed I'm ready to walk by myself to omonim's house and for being scolded by Jaejoong..

================================================================================================