Cooking

Eternal Tenderness

----------------------------------------------
- Joo Yeon POV -
----------------------------------------------

I walked out from my new room after washed my face. That guy, Jaejoong already waited for me in front of his door. He already changed his clothes into a pair of loose pants and a white t-shirt.

"The kitchen is over there." He led me to the kitchen.

I nodded then walked to where the refrigerator was. I opened it and found lots of vegetables, eggs and other ingredients. I smiled to myself and started to take some of those. I would make my special menus.

"Just call me if you're done. I'll be in my room." He said then walked away from the kitchen.

--------------------------
Finally the dish was done! I felt a bit tired, but I shrugged it away. I should be more independent from now on. I should try my best to live here. Maybe it wouldn't that bad if I followed this house's rules.

I then looked at my watch and it was 12.15 p.m. already. I should call him to have his lunch. I quickly went to his room and knocked the door.

No answer.. I knocked again.

"Jaejoong-sshi~" I called.

About five minutes later, the door opened and Jaejoong showed up. He was wearing a pair glasses with black frame. He looked more mature wearing the glasses. Wait, what the hell I was thinking about. It's not like I had feelings for him.

"You're done?" He asked and looked at me in disbelief.

"Yes, I am." I replied and smiled a bit. I wanted to become a friend with him. I didn't expect any fight between us cause it wouldn't be good if his mother know.

Both of us came to the kitchen. He pulled a chair for him and I just stood there, waiting for him to eat the dishes that I've made.

"What's this?" He pointed to the soup.

"It's called Kakitamajiru, Japanese Egg Drop Soup. And beside is Sukiyaki." I told him and pointed to the savoury stew of vegetables and beef that dipped in a bowl of beaten raw egg. He stared at it for a while then turned to me.

"What are these? Japanese food?" He raised his voice a bit.

I nodded. What's wrong with Japanese food?

"I don't like Japanese food. Throw it away and make the new one. I want Korean food."

"Wae?"

"Just make it." He insisted.

"But.."

"Why? You don't want to make it?" he raised an eyebrow.

"No.. but.. I just can make Japanese food.." I said with a low voice. I hoped he didn't get mad.

"So, you're telling me you can't make Korean food?" He asked again. I just nodded weakly. I could do nothing. I lived at Japan for 10 years and worse, even I'm Korean, I just learned to cook Japanese food.

"You're useless you know." He stood up from his chair and walked to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I was curious.

"Cooking. What else?" He took out some vegetables from the refrigerator and started to cook. I was mesmerized this time. I didn't think he could cook. And if he could cook, why he asked me to cook for him? I really couldn't understand him.

He cooked like a professional chef and I just stood there dumbfounded while looking at him. How an elite guy like him could knew how to cook? I thought the rich guys just knew how to spend their parents' money, but today I knew I was wrong. Maybe he wasn't that bad.

----------------------------------------------
- Jaejoong POV -
----------------------------------------------

This girl was totally helpless. She could do nothing. I asked her to cook, but she cooked Japanese food for me. In my entire life, I had never eaten Japanese food before. From the weird name I could tell the taste might be probably weird too. I didn't want to eat it. In the end, I ended up made lunch by myself and she just kept staring at me the whole time.

"Jaejoong-sshi~ if you cook the new lunch, then the lunch that I made will be wasted." She talked and stood right beside me.

I shot my head up and glared at her. She didn't know what she was talking about, did she? I thought I had told her to throw it but she didn't give a damn to my words.

"Then just eat it by yourself if you don't want to throw it away." I said nonchalantly and back to what I was doing, putting the pepper in my new soup.

After finished my cook, I put the bowl of my soup on the table. She kept looking at it. I smirked and off to wash my hands. She looked at my soup and then at her Japanese soup. Seem like she was comparing it. My cook looked more delicious than hers. I couldn't blame her if she felt jealous at me cause although I was a guy, my cook was better than her.

I pulled out a chair and sat down. She also sat down, but not beside me of course. She sat at the third chair next to mine. At least she knew where was her place belongs to.

"What are you looking at?" I pretended that I didn't know she was staring at my soup. I knew she wanted it. But no way in hell I would give her any chance to taste my cook.

She shook her head and started to eat her lunch without let out any single sound. But sometimes I would caught she took a peek at mine.

Finished my own lunch, I stood up and walked to the sink. I was only washed my hands while looked at her. She hadn't finished hers. What a slowpoke.

"Yah, girl, wash the dishes if you finished." I ordered without even looked at her.

"Jaejoong-sshi~ I have a name. And my name is not 'girl'." She protested and stopped digging her spoon. "My name is Joo Yeon. Lee Joo Yeon." She told me clearly. It made me turned and quieted. I flashed my cold stare on purpose. But this time she didn't scared at all.

"I will help you to wash the dishes, but you should have manner while talking to the others." She said. I felt my anger rose as I heard her words just now. How dare she tell me what I should say? She wasn't anyone here. I almost lose control and showed my temper, but then I knew it was no use. My mother would be on her side rather than me.

I took a deep breath and then spoke, "Okay, MISS Lee Joo Yeon, can you wash the dishes if you finished your lunch?" I said it on purpose while greeting my teeth, held my anger. But she didn't notice cause I could see she was smiling like an idiot.

"Of course I can, Jaejoong-sshi~ you don't have to be that formal and added the 'miss' part." She smiled widely. What the..?! She was the one who said that I should have manner and now she said like that? Okay, I didn't want to think about it anymore. She just ruined my mood and my day. I would just ignore her.

"Whatever~" I mumbled then walked away, leaving her there without turned back.

================================================================================================