Decision

Eternal Tenderness

--------------------------------------
- Jaejoong POV -
--------------------------------------
The graduation day that I've been waiting for has finally come. I hated today because of some things. But I knew that Joo Yeon have been waiting for this day.

"Jae.." she called.

I turned and she smiled.

"Hey.." I smiled back.

"Can you come with me?"

"Sure.." I excused myself from my group and followed her.

"For you." She handed me the small bag.

"What's this?" I asked, confused.

"That's the gift that I was talking about last week."

"A scarf?"

She nodded in embarassment.

"I want you to use it in winter so you won't get cold." She explained bluntly. Of course I would only use the scarf when the winter has come. Who would use it in summer anyways? Silly girl..

"It's pretty. Thanks." I then hugged her and exhaled.

"Sorry, but I got nothing for you." I felt guilty.

"Aniya~ gwenchana. I don't expect anything. Just being with you is enough." She told me, which cause me to feel sorry.

"Mianhae.." I whispered.

She shook her head.

"Uhm.. I need to go now. There's no one in the house." She suddenly remembered.

"Oh yeah, you can come over tonight. I want to have dinner with you." She requested.

"I'll come over as soon as I finished." I told her.

She nodded then went home.

I felt useless for not giving her any gift while she had made me this scarf. But lately I just couldn't think straight because of Eun Mi. She told me that she wanted to hear my final decision today. And there she was, walking towards my direction.

I sighed heavily. I had made my choice and I know it would break the girl's heart into million pieces.

"Hey, Jae. How's the answer?" she asked straight to the point and it hit me.

No matter what answer I would tell her, I had think about it million times. And I thought that was the best way although surely I knew would leave a deep scar to one of them.

"I.." I closed my eyes, swallowed hard while clenching my hand. "I'll leave her."

Finally I said it. I felt sorry for Joo Yeon because of this. But I didn't want to see Eun Mi hurt herself like the previous time when she tried to kill herself. She was reckless.

--------------------------------------
- Joo Yeon POV -
--------------------------------------
I couldn't stop smiling while I was preparing the dinner. I couldn't wait until Jaejoong come and have dinner with me. It was quite a while since we have a romantic dinner together.

I sang a song and waited for the cooks. I glanced at the clock and it was 5.30 pm which means that he'd come at least one hour later.

"Hmm... it's yummy." I talked by myself when I tasted the soup.

Suddenly a strange feeling hit me. I dashed to the bathroom and threw up. For a few minutes I stayed there until the feeling disappear and I washed up.

"What's wrong with me? I didn't remember I ate something spicy today." I walked back to the kitchen and continued to cook.

When the clock hit 7 o'clock, the door bell rang. I supposed that was Jaejoong who was coming. And I was right. The door opened and revealed a handsome young man standing there. It was none other than him.

"Finally you came. Come in. I just finished."

"Please have a sit." and with that he sat down.

I took off the apron and sat with him. I poured his glass with orange juice.

"Try this one." I asked him to taste the food.

"How about you? Why don't you eat?" he asked me.

I shook my head.

"I don't feel like eating. It's so full here." I pointed to my stomach.

"How could you say it's full? Look at you, you got skinnier day by day."

I pouted and told him to continue eating the dinner I've made.

--------------------
I finished with the dishes and approached Jaejoong who was standing alone at the balcony, looking to the sky.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Just looking at the stars. They're all pretty." he turned and looked at me, deep into my eyes.

"Joo Yeon-ah.. I'm sorry. I want to end it now." he whispered.

I couldn't catch it. What he was talking about?

"End it? What do you mean by that?" I was clueless. He just talked about the stars and suddenly he talk about the other thing.

"I'm really sorry. I just.. happen to love Eun Mi. I still love her." He looked at me.

I was shocked by his words just now. I tried to recall it.

"I can't be with you anymore. I'm sorry." he continued.

The tears slid down on my cheek and I couldn't wipe it away. I was paralyzed. Frozen. My hands and feet wouldn't move and I couldn't speak.

So, this day was really coming. What I feared finally happened. He was still love her... Jaejoong.. Eun Mi.. both of them.. were still in love.

================================================================================================