University

Eternal Tenderness

----------------------------------------------
- Joo Yeon POV -
----------------------------------------------

It was just 5.30 a.m., but I couldn't sleep any longer, so I headed towards the bathroom, and took a short shower then went out from my room to the kitchen. Maybe I could help the maids preparing breakfast. I could watch and learn from them how to cook Korean foods.

As I passed the dining room, I saw Omonim was sitting there while reading newspaper with a cup of tea on the table. I didn't know she would wake up this early. I stopped and greeted her politely.

"Good morning, Omonim." She looked up and smiled then greeted me back.

"You're early, Dear.." She put the newspaper on the other side of the table then sipped her tea.

"Nae~ I want to help the maids." I said. She motioned me to sit down. I did as I told.

"You don't need to do such thing, Joo Yeon-ah~. Just enjoy your life here."

"But I can't.. You're too kind, Omonim. You had helped me a lot. I should give payback." I explained.

"It's a must Dear.. I consider you as my daughter and I love you just like I love my own son, Jaejoong." She tugged my hair behind and gazed at me lovingly. She then hugged me. I felt safe in her embrace because her warm hug just likes my umma's. I missed her..

"Ah~ what time is it? Why haven't you changed your clothes?" She suddenly asked as she broke from the hug.

I looked at her confusedly, didn't get what she was talking about. I changed my clothes already, but why she asked about that? She noticed the confused look on me and let out a laugh.

"It's my fault, I forgot to tell you that today is your first day attending classes in Seoul University, the same University with Jaejoong." she told me. I still couldn't believe it. Was she serious with what she was talking about?

"Come on, just go and change your clothes. Jaejoong won't be happy if you're late." She suggested. I couldn't say anything but to make my way to my room. I wonder how she could know that I wanted to attend that University. I hadn't told anyone about that, had I?

I brushed away the thoughts as I quickly opened the closet and found some new clothes were hanging there. I took out a cream-colored long sleeve shirt and a pair of skinny jeans then went to the bathroom.

I down the stairs and found Jaejoong was already eating his breakfast. He was also an early riser, wasn't he? I approached them and just like yesterday, nothing had changed. He didn't care about my presence. Omonim looked up and asked me to sit beside him, but when I was about to pull the chair, he glared at me. His coldness was still there.

I gulped hardly then went to another side and quickly sat down. I didn't have courage to sit beside him. If eyes could kill, then he had totally killed me.

"You should eat more. Look at you, you're skinny." Omonim spoke up. I just nodded and started to eat.

"Jaejoong-ah~ after this you should drive Joo Yeon. Don't forget to take her tour around the whole university. She's new here.." Omonim looked at him. He didn't reply but to finished his breakfast.

"I've told the secretary and you guys will have the same classes."

I could see he was chocking when his mother mentioned about our classes. I also shocked, but I didn't dare to protest.

As soon as we finished the breakfast, I followed Jaejoong to his car. I bid goodbye to Omonim and so did she. Before, I could fasten the seatbelt; he already sped up on the highway. I looked at him immediately, but he didn't let out any single words.

"Get off." He suddenly said when his car just meters away from the university.

"I said get off." He repeated.

"Wae? Isn't the university is about meters away?" I asked bluntly.

"That's it! I don't want anybody to see me driving you. You can walk there by yourself." He said without even looking at me.

I got it now. So, he just pretended to be kind in front of his mother? Obviously he didn't want to drive me. I understood. I just burdened him. I quickly loosened the seatbelt and glance at him once more. He was still like that.

"Thanks for the ride, Jaejoong-sshi~" I said then got off. He sped up again while I was standing there by myself.

I took a deep breath then started to walk towards the huge university. I tried to enjoy the view around me along the way there.

----------------------------------------------
- Jaejoong POV -
----------------------------------------------

I knew I was wrong for leaving her there, but I could do nothing. I didn't want other people seeing me with her.

After parked my car in the parking lot, I entered the building and smiled to myself when I saw who was standing in front of the university's office. It was Eun Mi, the only girl that closes to me since High School.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. She turned and hit me lightly.

"Jaejoong~ you scared me!"

"Did I?" I chuckled.

"You love to tease me, don't you?" she pouted.

I just patted her head and messed her hair playfully. She was the only girl that I would tease and I would talk to. I didn't know why, but every time I was with her, I felt happy and couldn't act cold when I was with the other girls.

"Annyeonghaseo~ I'm Lee Joo Yeon, the new student from Japan."

I turned and saw that girl beside. She was talking to the office's secretary and didn't notice me.

"Jae, what are you looking at?" Eun Mi asked. I turned to her and shook my head.

"Kamsahamnida~" she said while smiling. She was about to walk away, but then we met eyes. Eun Mi smiled to her and she smiled back. I ignored her, pretended that I didn't know her.

She looked down then walked away. I felt bad for her once again, but I didn't want to talk to her either. Remember, I disliked her. This girl just ruined my mood every time I talked to her.

I walked to the class together with Eun Mi. I was just happy I could have such time with her without disturbed by the others.

================================================================================================