Cake

Eternal Tenderness

--------------------------------------
- JaejoongPOV -
----------------------------------------------
I sat on the new bed and flipped my phone just to find Joo Yeon's and my picture. It was the only picture of us being together. She was smiling as if nothing bothered her mind and so did I. Only by looking at her smile in the picture was able to make my heart fluttered once again.

I had fallen asleep and woke up late today. I quickly grabbed the towel and rushed to the bathroom which was also on the left side of my room.

After changing into new clothes, I speeded up to catch up on my class, but seemed like it was too late cause the class has ended moments ago. I saw the lecturer came out from the class followed by some students behind. This was the first time I ever being late and that's all because of my own fault.

Last night I couldn't sleep not because of the new apartment that I lived on, but it was because I couldn't stop thinking about Joo Yeon. The more I wanted to erase her from my heart; the feeling was getting stronger than before.

"Hi Jae.."

Suddenly Joo Yeon appeared in front of me with Eun Sun on her side and also Yoochun as well.

"Uhm.. Hi." I stuttered. Damn! I cursed inside. Why did I do that? They must be thinking about something.

"What's wrong with you?" Yoochun teased me.

"Nothing." I tried to act normal and not looking at Joo Yeon.

"How's your apartment? Do you need my help to.."

"No, it's settled." I cut Joo Yeon before she could say something. I could feel her expression changed into a confused look.

"Where's Junsu?" I asked Yoochun.

"As always, going to cafeteria with Changmin." Yoochun told me.

"I'll also go there. See you." I walked passed them, totally ignoring Joo Yeon.

I was being a jerk again. I just did that to Eun Mi after we broke up and now I also did that to Joo Yeon. She really had to hate me for what I'd done to her.

--------------------------------------
- Joo Yeon POV -
----------------------------------------------
I wonder what's wrong with Jaejoong. He came late today and he was ignoring me just like what he did when we first met. Why did he have to change into his old self? Did I do something bad that makes him not wanting to talk to me? He was so mysterious. I couldn't get what's on his mind. He changed so quickly.

"Don't mind him. Maybe he didn't mean it." Eun Sun smiled at me.

"I hope so.." I sighed.

"Kah Ja!" They then dragged me away to our next class.

When the classes ended, I'd been thinking to have some talks with Jaejoong, but when I finished packing my books, he was nowhere to be found. Where did he gone? He wouldn't go that fast, would he?

Once again I felt disappointed.

When I was on the bus, my phone rang and it was a call from Jaejoong's mother. I picked up.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Joo Yeon-ah~ you should come home early. I have something to do with you." She said on the phone.

"Nae~ I'm on my way now.." I replied.

"Oh~ see you then." She hung up.

I walked in and searching for Jaejoong's mother.

"Omonim?" I called.

"I'm in the kitchen, dear." She replied.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused. I saw she was baking a cake.

"I'm making a surprise for Jaejoong." She smiled happily.

"Surprise?"

She nodded.

"Tomorrow is Jaejoong's birthday."

So Omonim was preparing everything for him. But I had nothing to give him. Otoke? If I knew about this earlier, I would've gotten a gift for him.

"Put down your backpack first and help me.." She touched my cheek.

I nodded and did as I told.

For the whole day I just helped Jaejoong's mother to bake birthday cake to him and we also cook some of his favorite foods. His mom looked satisfied with the hard work we had done.

"He's gonna love it. You should bring this to his place, tonight."

"Eh?"

"I want you two having a nice dinner while waiting for his birthday to come." His mother smiled full of ideas.

"But.."

"No buts.. You have to."

I finally gave up and nodded. I went to my room just to wash up while his mother preparing everything I would need for the dinner. She was an amazing mother. She had been planning this and she even asked me to have dinner with his only son. This was going to be a long night.
================================================================================================