30 Seemingly Dead

Sacrifice

The first one to recover was Xiumin. He was hurt a lot less than Chanyeol – a single gunshot. His hallucinations were much easier to cure, but even then, it still took a lot of your strength. You watched the gunshot wound close up and the color return to his face.

His fingers twitched a bit, showing signs of life. Then, his eyes fluttered open. He was definitely alarmed to see you at first as he scrambled up, backing against a wall. His eyes never failed to leave yours as he examined you cautiously.

“Who are you?” he began to say but he paused – it didn’t take long for him to see his friend Chanyeol on the bed with you, “Chanyeol?”

Your hand was still in his and the black darkening of the skin was slowly clearing up. After the black color disappeared, the gash began to close.

Thanks to you, the lost blood began to return within his system and coughing was soon heard. He was getting better as well and the fevers began to go away. His body returned to the normal temperature while he slowly began to sit up straight.

“…What happened?” a series of coughs was heard and he began to focus on you and then Xiumin, “You’re… who are you? Xiumin, what happened?”

He shrugged, “I don’t know. I just woke up and she was there.”

“It’s alright. I know who you are and the abilities you have. The two of you were quite injured and your friends asked me to help you. How do you feel?” you asked, glancing at them up and down.

The two of them looked at themselves and then back at you, questioning what you were saying. They didn’t show any trace of wounds or injuries and neither of them could remember what they had gone through.

However, they didn’t completely ignore your words. Xiumin held out his hands and you watched as a thin layer of frost began to form from his fingertips. Chanyeol held out his palms and he watched as a small flame lit up in the center. It seemed as if their powers have returned.

“Why didn’t Lay help us?” Xiumin glanced at Chanyeol, “He can heal anything… can’t he?”

You stepped forward, “He tried, but it didn’t seem to work. The reason is still uncertain.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he heard those words come from you, “That’s impossible. How can you heal us and Lay can’t? His abilities are really strong. Just… who are you?”

You held out a hand, “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Hay – “

However, your sentence came to a stop as you felt a paralyzing feeling resonate within your bodies. You doubled over, falling over on your knees, one hand clutching at your chest. The pain was comparable to being stabbed a million times and then falling into salt water.

“G-Get Luha….”

That last sentence you said couldn’t be completed as you began to lose consciousness. The last thing – or rather, color – you saw was redness. You weren’t really sure what it was or where it came from. All you know was in the next few seconds, you hit the cold, hard floor.

“M-MISS!” the two boys scrambled by your side as they saw blood flowing from your mouth.

Chanyeol shook you, hoping you would awaken, but it didn’t seem to work. You were out cold. Xiumin immediately ran toward the door, pulling it open.

Outside, he saw a group of familiar faces. His eyes met Luhan's immediately. However, judging by the expression that was plastered on Xiumin’s face, Luhan knew what had happened already.

Before Xiumin could open his mouth to start talking, Luhan pushed him aside and rushed into the room. All he saw was Chanyeol holding you in his arms as blood began to flow from you endlessly. Words could not describe how much pain went through Luhan’s mind and heart at that moment. He ran over, taking you from Chanyeol’s arms.

“You idiot,” he couldn’t bring himself to smile even at the recovery of his friends, “I told you to take care of yourself, didn’t I?”

He placed his fingers up against the area between your neck and jaw, where your pulse would be found. Faintly, but present, he felt it – the pulse. A small wave of relief flowed through him as he picked up your weak, seemingly lifeless hand, and he saw.

One.

No wonder you looked so… lifeless. Luhan held you close, his clothes getting stained with the red color. The rest of the EXO members slowly came into the room, while Chanyeol found his place next to Baekhyun whose hand found his, holding it warmly.

At the moment, no one dared to make any unnecessary noises.

All they could do was stand there and watch their deer-like friend fall into a depression-like state as he cradled you in his arms.

They all knew.

Luhan had fallen for you.