29 Meet EXO

Sacrifice

A loud stampede-sounding noise was heard outside as you ran to the window, looking outside. One by one, wolves began to appear at your front lawn. Each one was a different color – black, brown, white, gray – different shades as well.

Having to just hear their past, you couldn’t just leave them like this anymore. You wanted to help more than ever. As you noticed two injured wolves coming into your view, you ran.

Faster than you had ever ran before, you burst out your front door, causing each and every one of them to glance at you with a cautious gaze. Then, one by one, the wolves began to become boys.

“I thought… you were far?” your eyes met Kai’s.

You remembered how he told you that they were located pretty far and that there were no way you could get to them soon by foot. However, they seemed to have arrived pretty quickly.

Kai smirked, “One of us can control time.”

Time control? You had recalled Luhan listing that as one of the abilities they had gotten. So that’s what happened.

“I’ll introduce you,” Luhan said as he stepped forward beside you.

“Luhan!” A boy came over to him, their hands reaching for each other and allowing themselves to collide, “So you were here all along? Who’s she?”

“She’s the one who’s been taking care of me and giving me a place to stay,” he replied, “Her name is Hayeon. I’ve already told her about us and them.”

Sehun glanced at you uncertainly and then back at Luhan, “…You told her? But…”

“It’s going to be fine. We can trust her,” he reassured the uncertain boy, before turning back to you, “Let me introduce you to our two leaders of our pack, EXO, that are each in charge of half of us. The first is Suho and he leads D.O, Baekhyun, Sehun, Kai, and the one you’ll be helping – Chanyeol.”

The boy known as Baekhyun stepped forward, rubbing his wet eyes. In his arms was Chanyeol whom he set in front of you.

“Hayeon-ssi,” his eyes watered up once more, “If you really can help him, please do. I’ll do anything. I just can’t lose him. Please… I don’t know what I’d do without him. If he… If anything happens to him…”

He began to choke as his hands covered his face, sadness overwhelming him. The scene broke your heart and you bent down, hugging Baekhyun.

“I’ll save his life,” you whispered into his ear, “Just leave it to me, alright? Please don’t cry.”

Luhan placed his hand on your shoulder, “There’s the other too. Our other leader is Kris. He’s my leader along with Chen, Tao, Lay, and the other victim Xiumin.”

That was when Tao came forward with Xiumin who had tried to lunge at you, calling you all sorts of names. He seemed to have confused you with one of the experimenters that had hurt him in the past. His hands reached out and began to make a thin layer of frost form upon your legs. At that second, Kris flew over, pulling the hallucinating Xiumin aside.

“We don’t have much time,” the leader spoke, “If you really can help us, you’ve got to start. They don’t have much time.”

You nodded, “Of course. Come on, take them inside. Luhan, would you show them my room? Set them there.”

Luhan began to lead the boys into your house as you held out your hand, staring at the number three one last time. A part of yourself was scared as to what might happen to you after you helped the two of them consecutively.

You’ve never done something like this and you were afraid your heart might give out. When you helped people within the same day, you had already suffered crazy consequences, but this? This was definitely going to cause something big.

However, a promise was a promise. If you backed down now… those wolves wouldn’t let you go easily – even if Luhan tried to protect you.  What had you gotten yourself into, really?

Taking a deep breath, you headed to your room. Once you got there, you asked for all the boys to leave the room. Although they were reluctant to go at first, Luhan had managed to make them leave.

You were thankful to him, no doubt.

“Be careful, alright?” Suho warned, “You never know when Xiumin is going to hallucinate again. If something goes wrong, just shout. We’ll hear you outside.”

Nodding, the last of them left the room.

You took both of their hands into yours – Chanyeol and Xiumin – and you let your eyes flutter all the way closed.

Well, here goes nothing.

The boys outside saw a bright yellow glow from inside the room and it alarmed them at first. Everyone tried to charge into the room to see if something had happened, but Luhan stopped them.

“Let her do what she has to do.”