Chapter 83

Fifteen Angels

Super Junior followed the ambulance to the hospital.  Once there, Sofia was rushed into surgery while Haneul waited in the waiting room with Super Junior.  He was a bit dizzy since he gave blood in the ambulance.  Only now did Ryeowook and Haneul realize that their clothes were covered with Sofia's dried blood. 

"I'm going to burn these clothes as soon as I can." Haneul proclaimed tiredly as he slumped into a nearby chair.

"Me too." Ryeowook agreed, his voice hoarse from crying.

A few hours later, a doctor with splattered blood on his scrubs came out of the operating room door.  Everyone leapt up from their seats , worry etched into their features.

"Will she be alright?" asked Haneul.

"She's stabilized, but I need to speak with you after I get cleaned up." the doctor said and walked into a small side room.

Everyone let out pent up sighs of relief.  Sofia was alive and stable, but what were the extent of her injuries?  What wasn't the doctor telling them?  The doctor reappeared a few minutes later and led them to a small office that quickly became cramped with their group of sixteen.

"What did you need to talk with us about?" started Haneul.

"Ms. Park sustained many injuries, cuts, bruises lacerations from head to toe, broken ribs that pierced her lungs, and major blood loss.  She needs blood right away." the doctor explained.

"What type is she?" asked Ryeowook.

"She's type A.  Is there anyone here with that type?" asked the docotr.

"I already donated so I can't." said Haneul.

Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, Kibium, Donghae, and Sungmin all raised their hands.  The doctor was pleased that all of them were willing to donate to help this girl.  Ryeowook was touched as well, tears b his eyes.  He quickly wiped them so no one would see them.  The doctor led those who had type A blood out of the room to donate.

"She'll be okay." Kangin said reassuringly and put his hand on Ryeowook's shoulder.

"But she was talking about a light.  It was pitch black in that warehouse." Ryeowook said, the thought still bothering him.

Siwon was startled by what Ryeowook said.  Silently, he hugged Ryeowook tightly and held him for a few moments.  When he let go, the eternal maknae looked up at him with a confused expression on his face.

"That light is what you see before you die or are close to death.  It leads you to Heaven." Siwon explained.

"Yah!  We're trying to comfort him, not bring him down!" said Heechul.

Siwon opened his mouth to retort, but the members that donated blood returned.  The nurses accompanying them helped them into chairs and left except for one.

"Ms. Park is out of ICU.  You can visit her now if you like." she said kindly and started to leave the room.

"What room?" Ryeowook called at her retreating figure.

"515." she said over her shoulder.

The group scrambled out of the office to find the room.  They found it easily, but heisitated at the door.  After a deep breath, Haneul placed his hand on the door handle and turned it.

 

Author's note: Chapter 83 is done!  I apologize for any typos.  I was at an all night volunteer thing and I didn't get to sleep until 6 am this morning, so I feel like a zombie right now.  Not sure when the next update is going to be since I didn't call to get my work hours yet.  COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!  :)