Chapter 43

Fifteen Angels

After a few rings, Ryeowook's voice floated through the phone.  Sofia was actually surprised that he was able to answer his phone.

"Yubseyo?" answered Ryeowook.

"Hi yeobo." said Sofia.  Ryeowook could instantly tell that she was upset.

"Jagiya, what did the doctor say?  Were the results that bad?" asked Ryeowook worriedly.

"I'll start with the less serious one.  I found out I have anemia." started Sofia.

"That's not too bad.  Sungmin hyung has that too.  Maybe you could ask him for advice on how to deal with it?" offered Ryeowook.

"Yeah.  I knew that.  The more serious one is asthma." said Sofia flatly.

"A-asthma?  Do you have an inhaler?" asked Ryeowook seriously.

"Yeah.  For emergencies." explained Sofia.

Sofia heard him blow out a puff of air on the other end of the phone.  She knew it was a lot to take in and hoped that this wouldn't break them.  Sofia smiled when she heard what he said next.

"I'll stay by your side and help you through this.  Saranghae jagiya." said Ryeowook.

"Thanks.  That's all I needed to hear.  Saranghae." said Sofia, smiling.

They hung up and Sofia suddenly felt a sharp pain in her lower region.  She pulled up her phone's calendar and her eyes widened.  She quietly swore and groaned when she moved.  Leeteuk looked back at her in concern.

"Is everything okay back there?" asked Leeteuk.

"No.  Ummm...can we stop at a drug store?" asked Sofia, feeling slightly embarrssed.

"What for?" asked Leeteuk.

"P-pads.  I-I just got my period." Sofia said, turning bright red in embarrassment.

"Aren't girls suppossed to be prepared for that kind of thing?" grumbled Kangin.

"I have my last pad in my pocket." answered Sofia.

Kangin found a drug store not too far from the dorm.  Sofia rushed into their bathroom.  After she was done, she came out and started buying the things she needed.  Two jumbo packages of feminine products, ten chocolate bars, and a bottle of painkillers later, she was done and rejoined Kangteuk in the car.  The few more minutes to the dorm was spent in awkward silence.  When Sofia stepped out of the car, she felt light headed.  She stumbled, but, luckily, Kangin caught her before she fell to the ground.

"Easy there.  Are you okay?" asked Kangin, setting her upright.

"I feel dizzy." said Sofia.  When Kangin took a closer look, he saw that Sofia was extremely pale and swaying just the tiniest bit.

"Geez Sofia, you're as white as a sheet.  No wonder you feel dizzy." exclaimed Kangin.  This drew Leeteuk's attention.

"What's wrong Kangin?" asked Leeteuk, worry lacing his voice.

"Sofia's sick.  Look at her." said Kangin, pointing at her.

Leeteuk looked in Sofia's direction and saw that Kangin was right.  He touched her forehead, but she didn't have a fever.  Instead, her skin felt cold and clammy.

"Could it be the anemia?" asked Kangin.

"I think so.  She is losing blood due to..that.  Sofia, can you walk?" asked Leeteuk.

"Yeah." said Sofia.  As soon as she took a step, she stumbled and Leeteuk caught her this time.

"Kangin, you're going to have to carry her." instructed Leeteuk, easing Sofia into Kangin's awaiting arms.

On the way up to the dorms, Sofia fell asleep.  Leeteuk and Kangin tucked her in just like parents.  Then they waited for the other members to arrive home.

 

Author's note: Chapter 43 is done!  Who heard the preview for Super Junior's Japanese album????  ITS FANTASTIC AND I WANT THEM TO RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!  But, sadly, I have to wait until July 24th for Hero to be released.  Next update will be tomorrow night!  COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :)