Chapter 10

Fifteen Angels

Sofia knew she needed to tell them everything.  She hopped off of her bed and went down the hallway towards Kangteuk's room.  She stood in front of the door and, after a moment's heisitation, knocked.

 

"Ah Sofia.  Please come in." Leeteuk said when he answered the door and invited her inside.

 

"Um..Leeteuk oppa, c-can you call a group meeting?  There's...a lot of important things I need to tell the group." Sofia said, a twinge of fear in her voice.

 

Leeteuk knew something was very wrong with her.  Sofia's eyes were darting all around the room, shifting her weight from foot to foot, and she was trembling.  He was concerneed for his new dongsaeng.  Leeteuk quickly agreed and gathered all the members in the living room.

 

"Guys, Sofia has something to tell us." Leeteuk addressed s.

 

Sofia stepped forward and took a deep breath before starting.  "I'll start from the beginning.  First, how many of you know the real reason I came here?" she asked.

 

"We all thought that we were doing a favor for Mr. Lee." answered Zhoumi.

 

"That's half true.  The other half is that I have depression." Sofia clarified.

 

"You have depression?  I never would have thought that about you." commented Yesung.

 

"Yeah.  I've had it for about five years." explained Sofia.

 

"Where did it come from?" asked Henry.

 

"I was bullied for about three years.  My middle school years.  I was called pathetic, useless, fat, stupid, and some even told me that I don't deserve to live and that I should kill myself.  After three years, I started to believe it and tried..." Sofia couldn't bring herself to say suicde.

 

"That's..horrible.  I can't believe my fan had to go through that." Ryeowook said angrily and there were murmurs of agreement.

 

"There's more.  I self harmed as well.  The worst thing that happened was when I found out a guy was paid to go out with me.  I started self harming after that.  I'm not proud of it, and, well, here's the proof.  Sofia said sadly, rolling up her sleeves.

 

There was a collective gasp throughout the room when they all caught a look at the faded scars on her arms.  Heechul was furious.  "You didn't deserve that!" he shouted.

 

"When I got to high school, everything changed.  I wasn't bullied anymore, but it was so hard to trust people.  I didn't have friends until the middle of my first year.  Bo, Aurelia, and Keith have been by my side ever since." Sofia paused, taking a breath.

 

"Is that who you were talking to when Henry and I burst into your room earlier?" asked Kibum.

 

"Yeah.  They are really protective of me because of my past and the fact that I'm the maknae.  Also, because of one other thing." Sofia said, fear lacing her voice.

 

"Hooray! You're a maknae like me!" commented Kyuhyun.

 

"What would be the other thing they're protective of?" asked Sungmin.

 

"When I was in my third year of high school, I got a boyfriend.  He was my first one and my first kiss.  I though he was my knight in shining armor at first., but later on, I learned that was far from the truth.  He was...violent.  Especially when he's angry.  The night we broke up, he put me in the hospital for a week.  Bo just informed me that he's looking for me and wants me back." Sofia explained.

 

"What's his name?" asked Kangin, cracking his knuckles.

 

"Zane." Sofia answered.

 

"If this Zane guy does come around, we'll protect you." Han Geng told her.

 

"Kamsahmida guys." Sofia said, tears now flowing out of her eyes like a waterfall.

 

"Group hug!" yelled Shindong and Sofia was suddenly swallowed up by fifteen pairs of arms.  They pulled apart after Sofia's tears ceased.

 

"We're really glad you told us." said Eunhyuk.

 

"Yeah.  I was sort of wondering why you spent most of your time in your room instead of with us." added Donghae.

 

"I'll pray for you Sofia." Siwon told her, giving her one of his trademark smiles.

 

Sofia thanked them again.  It felt like a giant weight was lifted off of her shoulders.  She then announced that she was going to bed and, for the first time in a long time, she fell into a deep and happy sleep.

 

Author's note: Yay! Chapter 10 is done!  Now you guys know Sofia's past!  Comment and Subscribe!