Chapter 66

Fifteen Angels

In the middle of the night, Ryeowook woke up to the sound of someone coughing.  That someone was Sofia and, when he propped himself up to get a better look at her, Ryeowook found a sheen of cold sweat on her face.  He quietly swore and went to wake Yesung up.

"Hyung!  Yesung hyung!  Wake up!" Ryeowook said while shaking him roughly.

Yesung groaned and rolled over saying, "Its too early." 

Ryeowook huffed and grabbed his pillow.  Then he started hitting Yesung with it.  Yesung finally woke up, a bit annoyed and crabby.

"What the hell is it Ryeowook?  Its 3 am!  What's so important at this hour?" Yesung whisper yelled.

"Sofia.  Hyung, she's really sick." Ryeowook whispered back.

Yesung opened his mouth to say something, but closed it when Sofia had another bout of coughing.  After it ended, both boys heard her whimper and saw her wince in the moonlight.  All of Yesung's irritation at being woken up went out of the window when he saw Sofia's condition.

"Ryeowook, get the thermometer." Yesung told him and got out of his bed.

Ryeowook scurried out of the room while Yesung went to Sofia's side and rubbed her back.  Sofia looked at him through barely opened eyes.

"Oppa, did I wake you?  I'm sorry." said Sofia hoarsely.

"No, Ryeowook did, but I'm glad he did it.  You're burning up and have a cold sweat." Yesung said and felt her forehead.

"I'm f-" she was cut off by another coughing fit that burned and scratched .

"No, you're not." he said, continuing to rub her back soothingly.

Ryeowook returned with the thermometer and plopped himself in front of Sofia.  He shook the thermometer a few times before placing it in front of Sofia's mouth.

"Say ahhh." he sang.

Obediently, Sofia opened and Ryeowook placed the tip under her tongue.  She closed and they waited patiently until they could take it out.  When it was time, Yesung the bedside lamp and took out the thermometer to look at the temperature.  Yesung's eyes widened at the result.

"40`C.  Ryeowook, go get a cold cloth and wake up Leeteuk hyung." ordered Yesung while he retucked in Sofia.

For the second time that night, Ryeowook rushed out of the room for errands.  He quickly prepared the cold cloth and gave it to Yesung to place on Sofia's head.  Then he went to Leeteuk's room and went in without knocking.

"Leeteuk hyung!" Ryeowook whispered while shaking him roughly, just like he did with Yesung.

Leeteuk slowly opened his eyes and was surprised to see Ryeowook in front of him.  He sat up and looked at the digital numbers on the display screen of his radio.

"Ryeowook, its 3:30 in the morning.  What is it?" Leeteuk asked sleepily.

"Sofia's really sick.  Her temperature is 40 C." Ryeowook explained worriedly.

Leeteuk's eyes widened when he heard the temperature, for it was extremely high.  He got out of bed and followed Ryeowook to his room.  There, he found Yesung tending to her.  Sofia's sweating had stopped, but when she tried to say something to Leeteuk, coughing came out instead.  It scratched and left a burning sensation after, just like the last one.

"I'll call a doctor later.  How did you even get in this condition Sofia?" asked Leeteuk.

"Running out into the rain after my date with Ryeowook oppa." Sofia croaked out before another coughing attack wracked her body.

"Sofia, try not to talk.  You two get back to bed." Leeteuk said and left the room.

 

Author's note: Chapter 66 is done!  Next update will be tomorrow or later today depnding on how ambitious I am to finish Chapter 67 since its 3/4 completed.  COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :).