Chapter 41

Fifteen Angels

Sofia knew it was time to go to her appointment when she heard the dorm door open.  Leeteuk called for her and she met them in the living room.  Almost as soon as they arrived, they left again with Sofia in tow.  After a short arguement, Kangin ended up driving.  They arrived at the doctor's office a short while later.

"Just fill out this form and bring it back after its done." said the receptionist when Leeteuk checked in.

They found seats easily in the almost empty waiting room.  Leeteuk read all the questions to Sofia and she answered them.  Suddenly, Leeteuk's cheeks turned red and handed the form to Sofia.  Sofia let out a quiet laugh when she read the question.

"Are you currently-here Sofia." said Leeteuk, handing her the form.

"Why are you-Oh my God!  Why are they asking this?" asked Sofia retorically and Leeteuk shrugged.

Sofia finished the form and turned it into the receptionist.  She gave a nod of approval and said that the doctor would be with them shortly.  Soon, their party was called and led to an examination room.  After her blood pressure, weight, and height were taken, the nurse said that they needed a blood sample.

"Since you're a new patient, we need to take some blood from you." said the nurse.

"Can't you wait until next week when my cervix opens and my uterus bleeds out otherwise known as my period?  You can have all the blood you need." said Sofia sarcastically while Leeteuk and Kangin glanced at each other and shifted uncomfortably.

"No.  We need it today." said the nurse, oblivious to Sofia's attempt at humor.

While the nurse prepared the needle and syringe, Sofia became extremely fidgety.  Kangin noticed and asked her about it.

"Sofia, what's the matter?  You're fidgeting." said Kangin.

"I hate needles." Sofia said simply.

"Great.  Another Eunhyuk." sighed Kangin.

"Alright Sofia, roll up your sleeve to your bicep." instructed the nurse.

"Bring that needle towards me and I'll break your hand." threatened Sofia.

"Don't worry.  I'll handle her." reassured Kangin as he moved behind Sofia's chair and pinned her arms to the armrests.

"Yah!  What are you doing?" asked Sofia as she struggled to free her arms from Kangin's grip.

"Making sure you don't hurt the nurse." answered Kangin.

The nurse approached Sofia's right side, syringe in hand.  As soon as the needle entered Sofia's arm, she started crying and let out several small screams.  Leeteuk watched helplessly from her left side, wising he could take her place.  He gripped Sofia's left hand and she squeezed it hard.

"Alright, all done." the nurse said, holding the syringe that was now filled with blood.  Leeteuk consoled Sofia until her tears dried.  A doctor came into the room a short time later.

"Alright Miss Park, what seems to be the problem?" asked the doctor kindly.

"I have anxiety attacks and, not sure if this is important, I get theses terrible headaches." said Sofia.

"Yah!  Why didn't you tell us about your headaches?" asked Leeteuk and Sofia shrugged.

"Hmmm...we'll run some tests to figure out what the problem is." concluded the doctor.

"What kind of tests?" asked Sofia nervously.

"A test for asthma and I'm also going to test your blood sample." the doctor explained.

Sofia visibly relaxed hearing this.  The asthma test passed quickly and soon it was time to leave.  Leeteuk thanked the doctor for taking the time to see them.

"When will we find out the results?" asked Kangin.

"In about a week." the doctor answered.

"We'll see you in a week then.  Thanks again." said Leeteuk.

The trio trooped out of the clinic and to the car.  Sofia was still a little sulky about having blood being taken.  Kangin started driving and soon they pulled up to an ice cream parlor.  Kangin said that it was a way to cheer her up and it did immensely.  After they finished their ice cream, they headed back to the dorm.

 

Author's note: Chapter 41 is done!  I'm sorry for waiting this long to update!  See previous chapter for why.  Happy Birthday to our diva Heechul!  A month and a half until you return to us!!!  Who heard Eunhyuk's touching speech at the end of SS5 in Singapore? SO TOUCHING!  EXO is coming back with a follow up song to Wolf.  I'm personally hoping its Let out the Beast.  f(x)'s comeback date is still up in the air Grrrr.  And Leeteuk won the Newcomer Award at the Daegu International Musical Festival!  So proud of you!  Next update will be tomorrow!  COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!  :)